HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 31, 2010, 12:30 AM
Fast and low...
Joined Apr 2009
837 Posts
Question
Foxtech/BEV 2.4G, 5.8G Vtx reviews and queries

I have been looking at the BEV/Foxtech 2.4GHz 500mW and 5.8GHz 200mW video transmitters and receivers on BEVRC. I have tried searching for reviews for them and videos which use them but didn't had much success. If you know of any, please chime in.

I want to inquire from experienced members here who have used these video transmitters about their performance and range compared to the commonly used Lawmate 2.4GHz and Airwave 5.8GHz equipment or any other options.

Is there a difference of image quality between 2.4GHz and 5.8GHz video transmission systems?

How accurately rated are the 2.4GHz 8dBi and 5.8GHz 12dBi antennas on BEVRC? Has anyone used and/or tested them?

I saw some videos by Carlyle Harper on Vimeo (quite good videos, btw) using the DPC-480a. From various posts here, it seems that BEVRC's OSC 480 camera is the very same one. However, I am unclear if this camera can shift between the PAL and NTSC formats using the OSD menu. Can any one conclusively verify this? Is there a better camera on BEVRC which doesn't have issues with GPS and/or LRS (DL/Scherrer)?

I intend to get the Fatshark Base goggles too when I can be sure that the issue with B&W display has been resolved for the units at BEVRC (most likely, they will get a shipment by mid of next month so it will likely be resolved).

I would appreciate any feedback on these systems/components. I plan to place an order soon and would much rather be informed before ordering rather than the other way round
aa78 is offline Find More Posts by aa78
Last edited by aa78; Sep 23, 2010 at 12:50 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 31, 2010, 01:12 AM
Post # 20 million
Joined Aug 2009
2,636 Posts
I have the BEV OSC 480 camera, in the instructions i states the format to be PAL/NTSC, but, has no option to manually change it, so it must automatically detect signal format.

Hopefully someone else can add to this.

Cheers, Kev.

Edit: Doesn't automatically switch between PAL and NTSC.
Kev.au is offline Find More Posts by Kev.au
Last edited by Kev.au; Aug 31, 2010 at 06:25 AM.
Old Aug 31, 2010, 01:17 AM
Post # 20 million
Joined Aug 2009
2,636 Posts
Like to add to my previous post, i fly with DragonLink and the OSC 480 doesn't reduce my range, i have 60cm separation between DL & OSC 480.

Cheers, Kev.
Old Aug 31, 2010, 03:19 AM
Joined Aug 2005
4,093 Posts
The 2.4GHz TX is tested here:-

http://forum.tsebi.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=100

and the receiver is tested and reviewed here:-

http://forum.tsebi.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=105

Daniel
Daniel Wee is offline Find More Posts by Daniel Wee
Old Aug 31, 2010, 03:36 AM
Fast and low...
Joined Apr 2009
837 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Wee View Post
The 2.4GHz TX is tested here:-

http://forum.tsebi.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=100

and the receiver is tested and reviewed here:-

http://forum.tsebi.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=105

Daniel
Thank you for those links! There is quite a bit of useful info on those links.

I see you did the review yourself. Is there a similar review for the 5.8GHz combination from Foxtech?
Old Aug 31, 2010, 03:37 AM
Fast and low...
Joined Apr 2009
837 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev.au View Post
Like to add to my previous post, i fly with DragonLink and the OSC 480 doesn't reduce my range, i have 60cm separation between DL & OSC 480.

Cheers, Kev.
Thank you for your replies.

Do you use the NTSC or the PAL version?
Old Aug 31, 2010, 03:43 AM
Post # 20 million
Joined Aug 2009
2,636 Posts
Pal.
Old Aug 31, 2010, 03:43 AM
Flying like an Angel.
Austria
Joined Sep 2007
1,488 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aa78 View Post
Thank you for those links! There is quite a bit of useful info on those links.

I see you did the review yourself. Is there a similar review for the 5.8GHz combination from Foxtech?

There will be a review of the Foxtech 5,8G Set here in about 2 weeks:
http://fpv-community.com/testblog/
BlueAngel2000 is offline Find More Posts by BlueAngel2000
Old Aug 31, 2010, 04:16 AM
Joined Jun 2010
561 Posts
does anyone know if the bev 2.4 vtx is compatible with the HK 2.4g Reciever ?
nabazul is offline Find More Posts by nabazul
Old Aug 31, 2010, 06:11 AM
Fly like a bird
Beijing & ShenZhen, China
Joined May 2010
480 Posts
We have sent 5.8G kit to fpv-community reviewing team, and they have got it, I think they will do a reviews soon.

Indeed, u can easily find something about it using google.
http://www.baronerosso.it/forum/fpv-...ghz-200mw.html, for example, u may need google browser to read this.

Best,
BEVRC.com
BEVRC is offline Find More Posts by BEVRC
Old Aug 31, 2010, 06:15 AM
Fly like a bird
Beijing & ShenZhen, China
Joined May 2010
480 Posts
I saw some videos by Carlyle Harper on Vimeo (quite good videos, btw) using the DPC-480a. From various posts here, it seems that BEVRC's OSC 480 camera is the very same one. However, I am unclear if this camera can shift between the PAL and NTSC formats using the OSD menu. Can any one conclusively verify this? Is there a better camera on BEVRC which doesn't have issues with GPS and/or LRS (DL/Scherrer)?

Yes, most of the osc420/osc480 are the same, they can't switch between PAL and NTSC.
BEVRC is offline Find More Posts by BEVRC
Old Aug 31, 2010, 01:44 PM
Fast and low...
Joined Apr 2009
837 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueAngel2000 View Post
Excellent! Would love to read an unbiased and honest review.
Old Aug 31, 2010, 01:45 PM
Fast and low...
Joined Apr 2009
837 Posts
How do KX-191 and OSC 480/DPC-480a compare in image quality, including that when the sun is visible inside the picture?
Old Aug 31, 2010, 02:30 PM
Fast and low...
Joined Apr 2009
837 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEVRC View Post
We have sent 5.8G kit to fpv-community reviewing team, and they have got it, I think they will do a reviews soon.

Indeed, u can easily find something about it using google.
http://www.baronerosso.it/forum/fpv-...ghz-200mw.html, for example, u may need google browser to read this.

Best,
BEVRC.com
Translation:

Quote:
Tired of having to wait until the last member of the club in the air with the radio at 2.4 GHz to make a voletto FPV I decided to buy a kit at 5.8 GHz.

I purchased the kit BEVRC to 200mW:

BEVRC BEV 5.8G 200mW Plug and play Specially designed for FPV [BEV 5.8G 200mW] - $ 84.99USD: BEVRC

In five days he arrived in customs and other five came home with 18 euros of taxes.

Today he finally stopped raining and I could try it. In flight I did not see differences between this kit and the kit 2.4 Ghz 500mW of Eladio. I wander far and wide to stay within the 700m distance with no problem (apart from the usual problems in some areas of our space flight that we have with the VTX to 2.4 GHz).

Our space flight is large enough. Beside the track there are several tall trees. But remained at high security (over 100m) there were no problems due to obstructions.

The kit I feel good and integrated microphone. The connectors are physically compatible with the power and video connectors kit ElectronicaRC eye ... but ... the positive and negative power supply are reversed in both connectors. If you want to replace the flight should be a VTX adattorino. VTX also provides power to the cam only 12V then to feed the KX132 7805 as it took me a step down.

Good resolution of RX you have two video outputs to power two glasses or sunglasses and a VCR.

What can I say ... at least for me this is finally the solution to fly to the track without having to worry about the other members with the 2.4 GHz

Luciano
The review seems... encouraging.

On that note, if I fly using a 2.4GHz video system and 72MHz RC control, what kind of effect would it have on fellow modelers flying on 2.4GHz RC control?
Old Sep 18, 2010, 03:42 PM
Kiwi in Germany
Germany
Joined Jun 2010
2,255 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueAngel2000 View Post
I am waiting on that review .... I am looking to get the bev system and would love to know how it works in Europe. Mostly what is the current range, have you tried different antenna and how clear is it?
whakahere is offline Find More Posts by whakahere