HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by xwingnut, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Aug 30, 2010, 05:28 PM
The Great NorthWest
Joined May 2007
1,029 Posts
Trader Rating: 317
Sold
NIB 50CC Yak $300 (LPU Only) Seattle area

New in box 85" 50cc Yak by KMC Tech. There's a local company that imports them. Plane is straight with no damage from the ride over from China. Construction is from the new light weight laser cut method. Plane has some nice features such as hidden cowl ring and removable horizontal tail. Single piece metal landing gear, Rudder pull/pull hardware, wheel pants/wheels, Control surface hardware included. Plane is estimated to weigh all up around 17-18 Lbs.

Flying one with different color scheme on an Evolution 45GX/2 swinging a Xoar 23x8 and there's plenty of punch-out power from a hover. That one is 16Lbs 9oz AUW.

No Shipping....Local pickup only. I'm in the southeast Seattle area. $300 at time of pickup. Feel free to ask any questions you may have.

Have several 50/55cc motors sitting around and could work out a plane/motor deal.

Thanks,
Xwing
xwingnut is offline Find More Posts by xwingnut
Last edited by xwingnut; Aug 30, 2010 at 08:40 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 30, 2010, 06:14 PM
I think I forgot how to fly RC
United States, WA, Woodinville
Joined Mar 2007
8,063 Posts
Trader Rating: 193
xwing,

a couple questions.
Phenolic control horns, pinned hinges?

do the servo's install in the elevator halves or on the fuse.

That manual screams Slipstream/eg aircraft as the factory so I am very interested.

snap a pic of the hardware bags pretty please and post them?

thanks bud
cryhavoc38 is offline Find More Posts by cryhavoc38
Old Aug 30, 2010, 08:45 PM
The Great NorthWest
Joined May 2007
1,029 Posts
Posted some Pic's of the hardware. The construction of the plane is similar to Slipstream but the hardware is slightly different and more like what you would expect to see if the plane were a year or two old. I tell ya, I'm starting to think Goldwing is producing most of these ARF's and sticking any name on it to suit the current buyer? So many Chinese ARF's nowadays look so similar, as far as the type of construction.

Thanks,
Xwing
Last edited by xwingnut; Aug 30, 2010 at 08:53 PM.
Old Sep 03, 2010, 11:58 AM
Gas Monkey Vic
Snohomish, WA
Joined Jan 2005
1,515 Posts
Trader Rating: 7
Hey Xwing,

I will take it

Cry is my friend and he is heading down your way so I will give him the cash and he will set it up.

Thanks
Vitter
Vitter is offline Find More Posts by Vitter
Old Sep 03, 2010, 12:08 PM
Ride Blue
United States, WA, Sammamish
Joined Aug 2006
1,495 Posts
Trader Rating: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitter View Post
Hey Xwing,

I will take it

Cry is my friend and he is heading down your way so I will give him the cash and he will set it up.

Thanks
Vitter
niiice!
jholen is offline Find More Posts by jholen
Old Sep 04, 2010, 12:56 AM
The Great NorthWest
Joined May 2007
1,029 Posts
Vitter,
Communicating with Cry to work out a time for the pickup. Will get the Yak into his hands tomorrow morning.

Thanks!
Best regards,
Xwing
Old Sep 05, 2010, 08:53 AM
The Great NorthWest
Joined May 2007
1,029 Posts
Huge Thanks to Vitter and Cry! Appreciate the business.

Vitter,
Cry mentioned you like Yak's as much as I. Here's a one-of-a-kind Yak, as I have yet to see another 30% Yak with this scheme. Has C/F wing/stab tubes, one piece gear and decent quality spats. Is a happy-happy-Joy-Joy to fly (a little Ren & Stippy humor there). Have an Evolution 45GX/2 on it swinging a 23x8 Xoar and the Yak just dances in the air. Think it was 16.5Lbs AUW when I weighed it.

Found a small foam EP version that is an exact match on H/C. The little one in the Pic is that BME that comes outta Oak Harbor for $50.

Thanks again,
Xwing
Old Sep 05, 2010, 02:33 PM
Gas Monkey Vic
Snohomish, WA
Joined Jan 2005
1,515 Posts
Trader Rating: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by xwingnut View Post
Huge Thanks to Vitter and Cry! Appreciate the business.

Vitter,
Cry mentioned you like Yak's as much as I. Here's a one-of-a-kind Yak, as I have yet to see another 30% Yak with this scheme. Has C/F wing/stab tubes, one piece gear and decent quality spats. Is a happy-happy-Joy-Joy to fly (a little Ren & Stippy humor there). Have an Evolution 45GX/2 on it swinging a 23x8 Xoar and the Yak just dances in the air. Think it was 16.5Lbs AUW when I weighed it.

Found a small foam EP version that is an exact match on H/C. The little one in the Pic is that BME that comes outta Oak Harbor for $50.

Thanks again,
Xwing
COOL!

I like that scheme.
Vitter is offline Find More Posts by Vitter
Closed Thread