Closed Thread
Old Aug 30, 2010, 07:34 AM
Extreme CNC Alloy EDF
Australia
Joined Mar 2006
11,762 Posts
New Product
New DAGO-Red race glider available at Extreme RC

Hows this for a sleek new Race glider! The new DAGO-RED is a 1200mm span composite glider, full glass fuselage and Abachi sheeted foam core wings, comes finished just as the picture shows, and is designed for 28mm inrunner motors.

The standard setup is based on 2600Kv or so and 3 cells. Factory claims up to 200kmh so I can imagine what a hot HET or ARC setup will do in this sleek little machine!

First shipment leaves the factory tomorrow I am told, so we should see them in Australia Monday next week! They are up on the website HERE

The DAGO comes from the Topgun Hobby stable, Ricky was the main designer and partner at flyfly and I have known and worked with him on the 90mm foam jets from 2007-2009. He makes some nice models with good performance so I cannot wait to put one of these together next week and see what it will do!
Extreme_RC is offline Find More Posts by Extreme_RC
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 30, 2010, 08:12 AM
Annoying people since 1970 :)
United Kingdom, England, Taunton
Joined Nov 2005
1,677 Posts
That looks sweet, kind of like a Simprop Turn Left. Hope we get those in the UK!
wastegate is offline Find More Posts by wastegate
Old Aug 30, 2010, 06:04 PM
Extreme CNC Alloy EDF
Australia
Joined Mar 2006
11,762 Posts
I should be able to ship it directly to you for now, anyone who is interested in one and is not in Australia please email us direct through the website and I will get a price for you shipped to your door.
www.extremerc.com.au
Old Aug 31, 2010, 04:39 AM
Joined Nov 2005
1,677 Posts
I'll wait and see how they stand up to some Aussie abuse
Old Aug 31, 2010, 05:58 AM
Extreme CNC Alloy EDF
Australia
Joined Mar 2006
11,762 Posts
Chicken! LOL
Old Aug 31, 2010, 07:36 AM
Joined Nov 2005
1,677 Posts
Any carbon strengthening in the wing?
Old Aug 31, 2010, 12:45 PM
3D wing innovator
Dallas, Texas
Joined Dec 2009
2,216 Posts
Interesting.
At 2lb+, it needs a smokin 28mm system.. what kind of reinforcement is with the "abachi" sheeting?
MikeRx is offline Find More Posts by MikeRx
Old Aug 31, 2010, 12:53 PM
USA, CA, Martinez
Joined Feb 2001
1,668 Posts
Perhaps abachi=obechi? Obechi sheeted foam wings can be pretty tough. This really sounds likes like a low wing Turn Left. About the same size and weight. A long can 28mm motor should provide plenty of power.

My only concern is with launching. Where do you grab the fuse for an overhand launch?
mumblety-peg is offline Find More Posts by mumblety-peg
Old Aug 31, 2010, 08:42 PM
Extreme CNC Alloy EDF
Australia
Joined Mar 2006
11,762 Posts
Abachi is a hard version of balsa, used in saunas
Old Aug 31, 2010, 08:43 PM
Extreme CNC Alloy EDF
Australia
Joined Mar 2006
11,762 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeRx View Post
Interesting.
At 2lb+, it needs a smokin 28mm system.. what kind of reinforcement is with the "abachi" sheeting?
1200mm wingspan, 2lb is not that heavy.
Old Aug 31, 2010, 10:06 PM
Gainesville, FL USA
Joined Sep 2001
356 Posts
Any carbon in the wing?
jason f is offline Find More Posts by jason f
Old Sep 01, 2010, 04:46 AM
Extreme CNC Alloy EDF
Australia
Joined Mar 2006
11,762 Posts
Thanks for the interest guys, I am busy getting answers on all the questions emailed to me and otherwise, I will post up shipping costs to US, CAN, and EU as soon as I get them finalised.

Not sure on the wing construction but have asked Ricky to give me a rundown on how he has designed it. Remember its 1200mm, its not a little pylon racer, its a glider primarily, albeit a fast one.
Old Sep 01, 2010, 05:01 AM
Joined Nov 2005
1,677 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Extreme_RC View Post
Remember its 1200mm, its not a little pylon racer, its a glider primarily, albeit a fast one.
Yeah but you know we're all going to push it to the limit and beyond

One thing I did notice was that the wing seems quite forward on the fuselage so I'm wondering if everything will need to be crammed up front to get it to balance?
Old Sep 01, 2010, 06:52 AM
Extreme CNC Alloy EDF
Australia
Joined Mar 2006
11,762 Posts
Its brand new guys! No one can answer anything until its been built and flown, I will build one once they arrive, Ricky says the wing is foam core and sheeted only, I just finished chatting with him about the construction, there is a little confusion about the wood, it may very well be obechi and not the sauna balsa And if it is obechi it will be pretty tough.

He reckons they pushed hard in turns etc at 200kmh, I told him many will likely exceed this speed fairly easily So end of the day its going to be one of those try and see situations. Glass skinning the wing rather than oracover could be a nice option too as an Extreme series DAGO, so many possibilities!
Old Sep 01, 2010, 07:36 AM
Joined Nov 2005
1,677 Posts
From a little research on the web it seems that Abachi and Obeche are indeed the same thing so all is good.

'Triplochiton scleroxylon is a tropical tree of Africa. This timber is also known as Abachi, under the Nigerian name obeche, the Ghana name wawa, the Cameroon name ayous and Ivory Coast name samba.

I'm getting quite excited about this plane as I was considering a Turn left or a LiftOff XXS but they are so overpriced here and this one is priced at just US$129 or 84 plus shipping. Looking forward to more pictures
Closed Thread