HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 30, 2003, 10:48 PM
Mesa, Arizona
Joined Jun 2003
12 Posts
My Tantrum came today

Hello, this is my first post and I'm happy to say my Tantrum arrived today. Thanks Doug. Kit looks pretty good. I have never built or covered a plane before so this will be my first.. I have been buying ARF's and own several gas and electric.

It was suggested to me to use a Razor 400 and GWS "C" gear box with 3 Thunder Power 1300's. My question is, does anyone have any suggestions as to where to purchase these items?

Thanks, Dale
ManxSR is offline Find More Posts by ManxSR
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 30, 2003, 11:52 PM
Phoenix,Arizona, United States
Joined Jun 2002
4,634 Posts
Razor motors and castle creations speed controls~ www.parkflyermotors.com is the cheapest place around at the moment, as for thunder powers...you have to e-mail Charlie Wang, look in the batteries and chargers forum for more info on that, i really wish thunder power would make a website......

Dylan
Dylwad is offline Find More Posts by Dylwad
Old Jul 01, 2003, 12:48 AM
pfm
Patrick Mahoney
Fort Collins, CO
Joined Sep 2002
1,070 Posts
My Tantrum showed up today as well.

I have a Razor 400 w/ C-gearing (5.33:1) in my Hangover. It works great with a 10x8 prop.
pfm is offline Find More Posts by pfm
Old Jul 01, 2003, 12:57 AM
17 years on RCG!
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Dec 1996
3,119 Posts
Mountain Models should have the 3s Thunder Power 1300s in stock in the next few days. Drop Doug an email to check on availability.

BTW - Doug was kind enough to let me fly his very own Tantrum with the exact motor combo above at SEFF (thanks again Doug!). I flew it first on the Razor 350 and the power was good, but you had to be careful because it just pulled too many amps. With the Razor 400, the power was still excellent and amp draw was considerably lower so you didnt have to watch the throttle as much

Ive flown a lot of 3D airplanes, and this has been one of the best! I find myself wishing I had my own since getting back from SEFF - and I did bring home a Razor 400/Phoenix 25 so I guess I have little excuse not to order one for myself

Jason
Jason M is offline Find More Posts by Jason M
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 01, 2003, 09:24 AM
Pro Bro # 179
United States, TX, Little Elm
Joined Jan 2002
333 Posts
I just put the third flight on mine yesterday evening, and I think its awsome. Mine is running on the stock 300 setup with 8 kan 950's.

kevin
KevinM is online now Find More Posts by KevinM
Old Jul 01, 2003, 11:17 PM
Mesa, Arizona
Joined Jun 2003
12 Posts
Thanks for the input. I will continue to look for a Razor motor and C box. Also, I will check with Doug about getting the batteries.

Tonight I did not have much time to work on it, but I did build the tail feathers and ailerons. Wow, I'm impressed so far with the kit. If the rest goes this easy I'll be flying in no time.

Dale
ManxSR is offline Find More Posts by ManxSR
Old Jul 01, 2003, 11:58 PM
Lurker
Longmont, Colorado
Joined Nov 2000
493 Posts
The Thunder Power Batteries are now in stock and on Dougs site. These fit in the Tantrum. I think you will be pleased with them.

Believe me the rest will go that easy. Covering, as always, is the hardest part of any of Doug's kits.

Be sure and set up your dual rates for the first flight.
KonstantKrash is offline Find More Posts by KonstantKrash
Last edited by KonstantKrash; Jul 02, 2003 at 12:00 AM.