HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 28, 2010, 07:56 PM
United States, CA, Sacramento
Joined Dec 2009
24 Posts
Discussion
Aurora 9 and Crow

Can,t get crow (Butterfly) or flap to elevator to function. Just set up first full house sailplane. Everything else working fine. When I go to butterfly option and try to set throw movement for the ailerons, they act like I am changing the sub trim and go out of neutral position. Have tried every permutation of switch and channel function I can think of. Same thing happens when I tried to mix flap to elevator. HELP PLEASE ! ! !
Flyguy101 is offline Find More Posts by Flyguy101
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 28, 2010, 08:07 PM
Joined Aug 2002
5,811 Posts
Hitec Aurora Butterfly / Crow Mixing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyguy101 View Post
Can,t get crow (Butterfly) or flap to elevator to function. Just set up first full house sailplane. Everything else working fine. When I go to butterfly option and try to set throw movement for the ailerons, they act like I am changing the sub trim and go out of neutral position. Have tried every permutation of switch and channel function I can think of. Same thing happens when I tried to mix flap to elevator. HELP PLEASE ! ! !
What version of the Aurora? manual written at time of V1.03, and Butterfly/Crow functions have changed.
Is your TX updated to latest V1.07?
Aurora A9 - Butterfly - Crow Switch/Slider assignment - includes V1.05 and V1.06 downloadable files.
Aurora - Model Set Up & Templates - Program Templates. (If you have an HPP-22, download these files and transfer them into your Aurora. Save and share your own set ups. This way you could have more than one set of eyes look at your set up and possibly come up with other solutions).

more at:
Aurora A9, Spectra Pro & Optima - FAQ & Undocumented Features - Mixes, Setups, Tips. {Individual Links often updated}

Aurora A9 - Firmware Update V1.06 - New Page for Manual (Includes Butterfly / Crow Set Up)
Aurora A9 - Firmware Update V1.07 - New Pages for Manual (x2).
. Throttle Stick SET Position for Butterfly v 1.08 (1) by dc812

Regards
Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
A.T. is offline Find More Posts by A.T.
Last edited by A.T.; Mar 04, 2012 at 11:44 PM. Reason: add URL Butterfly v 1.08 (1)
Old Aug 29, 2010, 12:36 AM
United States, CA, Sacramento
Joined Dec 2009
24 Posts
Reply to Crow

I am using version 1.07. None of the links appear to solve my issue. I can,t open the Zip files. I have the HPP22. Not sure how to use that to open the files as suggested (guess I'm just not computer savvy enough). With out the crow function the A9 is useless to me. I really don't want to give it up. Does anyone know how to activate the crow with version 1.07. I think it would be easy to do? THANK YOU TO ALL WHO READ THIS. ! !
Flyguy101 is offline Find More Posts by Flyguy101
Old Aug 29, 2010, 03:06 AM
Joined Aug 2002
5,811 Posts
Aurora A9 - Butterfly - Crow set up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyguy101 View Post
I am using version 1.07. None of the links appear to solve my issue. I can,t open the Zip files. I have the HPP22. Not sure how to use that to open the files as suggested (guess I'm just not computer savvy enough). With out the crow function the A9 is useless to me. I really don't want to give it up. Does anyone know how to activate the crow with version 1.07. I think it would be easy to do? THANK YOU TO ALL WHO READ THIS. ! !
Hitec HPP-22 2.4GHz Programmer - Manual, FAQ - How to install & Use Instructions (with screenshots).
1. Download glider files to folder on PC - never try to open the .zip files which are read by the Aurora only.
2. Open new Model on Aurora.
3. Open Hitec Interface program> connect HPP-22 to USB cable/PC>Connect Aurora> select "Data Load PC to Radio" > select which of the programs you wish to transfer to the Aurora and information will then be transferred to your TX setting your TX the same as originator. Close.
4. Start Aurora and compare the settings/view actions in the monitor screen and amend as necessary to suit your model.
Aurora model set ups/templates has several with Butterfly setups, one of which must be adjustable for your model. NB: Not known which have been set up for mode 1<>2 - may need slight tweak.

relating to Mike's templates, following may also assist. =
B-Fly
"To reverse the throttle stick direction in B-fly, change the stick setting from 0% to 100%. Do this by moving the stick to the top and then tapping number setting in the center. The manual shows the set up in V1.05 and this is something that has changed in V1.06. You also have the option for linear or division. Division will enable full Crow (B-fly) at a certain point; this is also selectable in a similar way as both screens look similar.
I've been spending some time on the Glider programming lately and have a pretty solid set up for it with, Camber, Reflex and B-Fly in which all are assigned to a flight condition using the same switch that activates the mix. This allows me to use CAMBER for both trailing edge up or down (reflex/camber) by assigning it to a 3 position switch and then having on be both up and down (off in the middle.) then flight condition-2 renamed "Reflex" is on the same switch and activated in the up position (Use "S" for single so the setting is unique for this condition) and then assign Flight condition-3 renamed to "Camber" to the same switch but activated in the down position. Hopefully I haven't lost anyone yet.... Finally flight condition -4 renamed "Butterfly" to the same switch that activates B-fly mix. I think you see the theme here... this allows for individual functions that won't interact with each other because the higher the flight condition number the higher the priority. If camber is activated and I flip the B-fly switch then camber is negated. If you try to set this all up in "Normal" then activating the camber affects the servos no matter what.
I should have this set up as a download in the near future so those of you with the HPP-22 will be able to check it out yourselves... or for those of you that actually understood what I wrote can program it in for yourselves. Mike.

Aurora A9 - Sailplane - Fullhouse Glider - Electric Power Setup (inc motor_flaps on/off at low throttle). The many screen shots may also assist..

Sometimes when setting up a new model, a conflict can arise that is easier to cure by going to the System Menu> [MDL Sel] > "Reset" and starting over or retrying on a new model number.

If above does not produce required results, please advise full details of the model you are trying to set up, EP? and total servos/functions etc as there are so many possibilites to achieve same ends with an Aurora.

Aurora A9, Spectra Pro & Optima - FAQ & Undocumented Features - Mixes, Setups, Tips. {Individual Links often updated}

Regards
Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
A.T. is offline Find More Posts by A.T.
Last edited by A.T.; Aug 29, 2010 at 04:26 PM. Reason: add url re screen shots.