HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 28, 2010, 04:20 PM
'Lectric Aficionado
USA, TX, San Angelo
Joined Mar 2006
683 Posts
Fly-In
3D Hobby Shop presents the fifth annual TINY March 4-6th 2011!!!

That's right boys the fifth annual

Fly-In and Challenge is just down the road!!!

3D Hobby Shop is proud to present the fifth annual Texas Indoor New Years Fly-In and Challenge. The last four years have been great events, and now with 3D Hobby Shop on board, it is really gonna rock! Angelo R/C Inc is proud to be the hosting club and the event is still located in the wonderful San Angelo Coliseum where we have the biggest and friendliest indoor skies in Texas!

With one of the biggest venues offered for an indoor event in the Southwest, and our famous Texas hospitality, this promises to again be a lot of fun for pilots of all levels. There will be on premises concessions, and plenty of pit area with ample electrical outlets. The floor of the coliseum is 100’ by 200’ with a 65’ minimum ceiling rig height and over 80 " in the center! We will have a 16oz/3s limit on all models, and co-axial helicopters only. AMA membership is required to fly. We can honor AMA parkflyers insurance at this event as well. If you have lost your card, I can verify you through the web if you know your AMA number. Anyone I can't verify, will have to join to be able to fly per AMA rules! Please understand this is out of my hands. The landing fee will be $20 per day, or $40 for the 3 day weekend which will include 5 raffle tickets. While we will have a few scheduled events throughout the day, the bulk of the flying time as always is for open flying. This is going to be some serious fun, so don’t be the guy wishing you had come, get in your car and drive to San Angelo Coliseum, 50 E. 43rd St, San Angelo, TX. click here for map.

We will again have the contests, and again have three days of flying this year as well. Needless to say, there will be tons of open flying for all to enjoy.

And due the overwhelming amount of requests, we are again going to have the BBQ banquet catered by Dickies BBQ on Friday night about 6 pm. The cost should be around $10 per person again.

3D Hobby Shop F3P Challenge

At this point we are having an F3P-A, and a TBA advanced pattern contest. Entry Fee is $10 for all contest, awards will be given for the top three places.

On Saturday evening at 7:00 PM will have a freestyle event that will be along the lines of the E.T.O.C. so you will need a 2 minute routine and soundtrack. It will be a great opportunity for skilled pilots to compete for first, second, and third prizes in a perfect indoor setting. The coliseum is equiped with a rocking new sound system so this will be an awesome contest for pilots and spectators! We want to invite any and all professional flyers to come compete in this event, you won't find a better place to fly, or nicer folks than we have in Texas. If you are planning on coming and want to compete in any of the above events, I will post your name in the thread so we can keep count. Email me here!

Lodging

I am working on lodging now, and will post the info as soon as get some kind of deal worked out with local motel(s).

I will be editing this beginning post with any and all changes and updates, so check back often!

Feel free to download our event flyer here and put it up in your local hobby shops, and email it to your firends!

We do have regional service here to our municipal airport via American Eagle. I can also provide a commercial address and free storage if someone does wish to ship some planes here to be waiting for them.

Some pictures of the venue:

aeronot is offline Find More Posts by aeronot
Last edited by aeronot; Feb 08, 2011 at 06:51 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 28, 2010, 04:56 PM
United States, PA, Lancaster
Joined Jun 2003
24,140 Posts
We're really pleased to be the event sponsor this year, the TINY is one of the best. We'll be posting details about F3p and freestyle events as we get closer, and with the release of our new 3DEPP aircraft coming this Fall, we should be in high foamy gear by the time the TINY comes around. Everybody make plans to come! Last year, I flew 32 hours in two days...that's a lot of flying for one event.
blucor basher is offline Find More Posts by blucor basher
Site Sponsor
Last edited by blucor basher; Aug 30, 2010 at 03:47 PM.
Old Aug 28, 2010, 05:25 PM
May the Farce be with you...
Duncanville, Alabama. USA
Joined Dec 2006
8,475 Posts
Cool! I'll have vacation time by then.
Then again, I'd have to miss either SEFF, or the FLI.
(Won't miss the FLI, No How, No Way)...

George
refugeefromcalif is offline Find More Posts by refugeefromcalif
Old Aug 28, 2010, 05:48 PM
Joined Feb 2007
176 Posts
Yahoooooooo !!! Another T.I.N.Y.!!!!!! Can't wait! Another chance to come see the Home Crowd again!!!!
Txskywriter is offline Find More Posts by Txskywriter
Old Aug 28, 2010, 05:56 PM
Team 3DHS
San Antonio, TX
Joined Sep 2004
15,632 Posts
Talk about planning ahead. I'll try to clear my schedule .
BoneDoc is offline Find More Posts by BoneDoc
Old Aug 28, 2010, 07:08 PM
Joined Jul 2006
781 Posts
Can't wait! Attended the first four and all have been great!
rmr24 is offline Find More Posts by rmr24
Old Aug 28, 2010, 10:20 PM
Fly lower!
West Texas
Joined Jan 2005
2,389 Posts
So Mark, will you be using the same F3P-A sequence we have flown in the past?

As always, looking forward to this event.

Maybe we should have an "all up, last down, 3depp style event," in honor of Bens new foamies!

Dennis
aerolite is offline Find More Posts by aerolite
Old Aug 28, 2010, 10:25 PM
'Lectric Aficionado
USA, TX, San Angelo
Joined Mar 2006
683 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerolite View Post
So Mark, will you be using the same F3P-A sequence we have flown in the past?

As always, looking forward to this event.

Dennis
I don't think we have gotten that far, but since the "advanced" sequence has been out a few years now it might be time to move up to it. To be continued...
Old Aug 29, 2010, 12:01 AM
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Dec 2006
13,752 Posts
I missed this event last year, but hope to be able to attend !
Lonelasso is offline Find More Posts by Lonelasso
Old Aug 30, 2010, 03:32 PM
'Lectric Aficionado
USA, TX, San Angelo
Joined Mar 2006
683 Posts
Now it has been almost 48 hours and no check in from Gary?!!!!

Has anyone checked the Clovis paper?

Or maybe he just don't wanna come this time...

Could be he gave up flying?

Yeah right!!!
Last edited by aeronot; Apr 02, 2011 at 08:51 PM.
Old Aug 30, 2010, 06:41 PM
Hovering my 85" Katana
Austin, Texas
Joined Mar 2006
901 Posts
Count me in. I have attended some of the largest indoor events in the country, ETOC, E-Fest, Chicago Toy Show, etc and this is my favorite event of the year. Great facility, but most important the greatest event managers and local club.

Really excited about 3D Hobby Shop as the event sponsor. Ben's events are always fun.

Like Ben I flew many hours last year. I was there when the facility opened and left when they turned out the lights on us around midnight.

I plan to camp near the side entrance so I won't have far to travel each morn and evening.

I will be participating in the F3P-A and Freestyle. Thanks again for hosting such a great event right here in Texas.

Robert
Robert Youens is offline Find More Posts by Robert Youens
Old Aug 30, 2010, 07:48 PM
Joined Jul 2006
781 Posts
It is worrisome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeronot View Post
Now it has been almost 48 hours and no check in from Gary?!!!!

Has anyone checked the Clovis paper?

Or maybe he just don't wanna come this time...

Could be he gave up flying?

Yeah right!!!
rmr24 is offline Find More Posts by rmr24
Old Aug 30, 2010, 08:35 PM
Joined Feb 2007
176 Posts
Gary quit flying???? Only when he runs out of batteries....... I'd bet he is too busy flying some new secret project from the JONES' SKUNK Works to reply.....
Txskywriter is offline Find More Posts by Txskywriter
Old Aug 31, 2010, 08:42 AM
Lost in the Sky
Burleson, Texas
Joined Jun 2003
1,871 Posts
"I'll be back." 1 (JiM SWEET) animation cartoon rough flip (0 min 9 sec)

Richard
Richard N is offline Find More Posts by Richard N
Old Aug 31, 2010, 07:23 PM
Flying...Pushing Air Down
Clovis, NM, USA
Joined Nov 2000
3,523 Posts
I'm ready! Can't wait! Wish we could have it this weekend!

WooHoo!
sr71fan is offline Find More Posts by sr71fan