HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 27, 2010, 12:01 PM
Joined Oct 2003
1,899 Posts
New Product
New aspire lay-ups now available !!

Guys,
I have just finished discussions by phone with Lubos, and he has announced that he is ready to go in to production with the new versions of Aspire that Ben, Kristoff Pavel, and I have been testing. Starting now the following Versions of Aspire are now available for order in the US:

The Standard ASPIRE this is the full Carbon model ,designed for all round weather conditions with ballast tube installed, and color of your choice.
flying weight will vary but my new one is 79 ounces with 378's and 388's.

The F3J ASPIRE this version has the same spar system as the standard Aspire, with lighter Fuselage, removable ballast tube, Full Carbon center panel, and Disser style wing tips. This is a sweet all round model with excellent handling characteristics. My model weighs 72 ounces and will take ballast. The lighter tips are sweet and add to the handling. Again your color and scheme choice.

The ASPIRE PRO this is the new all Disser lay up. While this model is designed for dead air F3J work, it has obvious advantages for TD work. This model is a real lite weight, expect the finished Pro at sub 70 ounces. This version will be available in the following scheme in either Orange or Red, the Logo is optional. It will only be sold with a set of custom Aspire covers to protect and preserve the lite surfaces.

For next year we will have the F5J Electro Aspire, please contact me if you want the latest information on this model.

If you already have an Aspire we will make the Disser tips available. We will also offer the new custom High Quality Wing Covers.
Lubos is ready to start taking orders on these new versions now.
I expect the next order to arrive at the end of October.
Please contact me at ljolly@aol.com or call 714-675-8787 for more information.
Larry Jolly is offline Find More Posts by Larry Jolly
Last edited by Larry Jolly; Aug 27, 2010 at 12:08 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 27, 2010, 12:20 PM
RIP MC
United States, CA, Midway City
Joined Dec 2003
3,346 Posts
I have to chime in and say that after flying the F3J layout LJ had at the field (std carbon center, disser tips) I was very immediately impress. I think AUW on this one was 73-74oz ish? In my opinion, this should be about perfect weight for the Aspire without sacrificing stength where it's needed. Also if one were to add any ballast to this plane to equal a standard, unballast Aspire, this disser tip one should still be more agile than the std one and actually more stable if everything else being the same due to CG being lower. (Ballast concentrates mass near cg in x,y axis and lower in z axis)

Bottom line, I asked LJ for a set of disser tips .
fnnwizard is offline Find More Posts by fnnwizard
Last edited by fnnwizard; Aug 27, 2010 at 12:22 PM. Reason: Add more info regarding ballast at cg.
Old Aug 30, 2010, 01:36 PM
Martin
USA, CA, Piedmont
Joined May 2005
314 Posts
New Disser Aspire

Larry,
Can I order a set of Disser tips for my standard Aspire?
Mart
mrfski is offline Find More Posts by mrfski
Old Aug 30, 2010, 02:40 PM
Joined Oct 2003
1,899 Posts
Mart,
Absolutely please send me a note at Ljolly@aol.com to remind me of your color.. Pictures would help. Thanks LJ
Old Aug 30, 2010, 07:22 PM
Do it AGAIN! This time BETTER!
WA
Joined Jan 2005
476 Posts
Email sent for more info.

Thanks

Ken
ThermalThief is offline Find More Posts by ThermalThief
Old Aug 31, 2010, 09:48 PM
Watervliet, Mich.
Joined Sep 2003
1,440 Posts
That orange one sure looks sweet, one of the best looking thermal gliders i've seen.

Sure is hi-tech looking.

I have somone sending me one soon too, can't wait to see it.

dave www.rc-builds.com
dhauch is offline Find More Posts by dhauch
Old Aug 31, 2010, 10:57 PM
MSgt, USAF Ret.
USA, WA, Spokane
Joined Nov 2003
1,303 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThermalThief View Post
Email sent for more info.

Thanks

Ken
Hey Ken,

You can fly mine if you like? I like it so much I bought another one. I'm currently flying the original lay up (82 oz) and I just ordered an F3J lay up this week.

Hope to see you in ID this weekend,

Jim F.
Jim Frahm is online now Find More Posts by Jim Frahm
Old Sep 01, 2010, 02:21 PM
Do it AGAIN! This time BETTER!
WA
Joined Jan 2005
476 Posts
Jim,

That would be great! See you Saturday.
ThermalThief is offline Find More Posts by ThermalThief
Old Sep 16, 2010, 07:08 AM
<>< AKA W4BPS
USA, TN, Tullahoma
Joined Dec 2001
2,428 Posts
New lay-ups.

Interesting to say the least........
BrianSmith is offline Find More Posts by BrianSmith
Old Sep 26, 2010, 07:42 AM
<>< AKA W4BPS
USA, TN, Tullahoma
Joined Dec 2001
2,428 Posts
Larry

questions.....
BrianSmith is offline Find More Posts by BrianSmith
Old Sep 26, 2010, 02:04 PM
Jyvaskyla, Finland
Joined Aug 2003
2,434 Posts
Have you guys taken your disser lay-ups to limits? I am quite happy with mine, no flutter problems and spar-wise bend seems to be well in control. Maybe I will install a small 200g temporary ballast to my disser Aspire to increase its flight envelope to the territory of normal lay-up (do not tell Lubos ).

But still I have my doubts about the limits of the disser tips... In hands they feel torsionally flexible. Hence my new year 2011 allround Aspire will be std C68, just to be on the safe side. It is little cumbersome to circle in floating speeds, but if there is any wind, even just 2-3m/s, it is just perfect.

Do not forget the heavy lay-ups. They are very usefull in windy competitions. Today I was having fun with the double carbon C68 Aspire, 2.45kg. It is perfect machine for the medium to windy days
Tuomo is offline Find More Posts by Tuomo
Old Sep 27, 2010, 10:17 AM
Joined Aug 2007
189 Posts
Fishnets over a fake-tan...got my attention.
Nestinator is offline Find More Posts by Nestinator
Old Sep 28, 2010, 11:58 AM
Joined Oct 2003
1,899 Posts
Tuomo,
I understand in your climate that you may not be interested in the lighter Aspire. I flew my F3J version with Disser tips last weekened and can assure you they are up to the task. There is so much to consider in a competition model choice and in my mind the Aspire launches with the best, floats, Runs, and lands, with excellent manners. I think I flew with you in Bulgaria last year and those conditions would have been perfect for the Aspire Disser to really show its capability. I flew my standard C68 Aspire at 103 ounces in Muncie I am thinking that the Double carbon is no advantage over the standard C68 if you go to lead slugs instead of steel to get the extra 280 grams of all up weight.
Regardless of your choice Lubos builds a great airplane and there are now enough options available that an Aspire pilot can make choices that will optimise his chances and let him fly one design for all conditions. LJ
Old Sep 29, 2010, 01:56 AM
Jyvaskyla, Finland
Joined Aug 2003
2,434 Posts
Larry, you are right about Bulgaria However, after July, I flew all my competition flights with more or less ballast, except Trnava eurotour fly off. This was annoying, since I had keep my very well flying disser Aspire in the box
Tuomo is offline Find More Posts by Tuomo
Old Oct 02, 2010, 11:52 AM
WINS - Winch In Nose Sailplane
USA, NH
Joined Mar 2008
3,109 Posts
I heard a rumor about a 60 oz all disser Aspire, which I found almost impossible to believe. Could that be correct or is it more like 70 oz. as listed above? Thanks.
jaizon is offline Find More Posts by jaizon