HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 13, 2012, 07:47 PM
United States, MN, Maple Plain
Joined Jun 2012
44 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianos007 View Post
Is this normal so much uptrust in the motormount

On all my other planes there is downtrust.

Grtz Ed
Looks like too much up thrust to me. Mine mounts up pretty square to the center line of the plane. I have seen down and right built into a design, but have never seen up thrust built in.
sbakr23 is offline Find More Posts by sbakr23
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 14, 2012, 12:50 PM
AMA#313760
United States, MI, Taylor
Joined May 2009
704 Posts
I used washers to get 1/2 deg. right and 1 deg. down. You can't see it at the gap between the spinner and cowl unless your really looking for it. (The Eye's don't see it)

John
JLogan is offline Find More Posts by JLogan
Old Oct 14, 2012, 05:46 PM
whiirrrrrr
Joined Nov 2011
785 Posts
Can someone direct me to a "how-to" for the retractable tailwheel? I bought the robart 122, but the linkages are kind of confusing
srt8madness is online now Find More Posts by srt8madness
Old Oct 14, 2012, 06:02 PM
AMA#313760
United States, MI, Taylor
Joined May 2009
704 Posts
(Can someone direct me to a "how-to" for the retractable tailwheel? I bought the robart 122, but the linkages are kind of confusing)

I installed that Robart 122, while it works very well to retract, it does not hold when you turn the plastic arm and pin bend and will not hold rudder center when turnning. . You also need to make a new longer folk just to clear and keep your rudder off the ground E-Flite R&D failed here(Big Time). I removed my Robart 122 from the mustang. mine is in the hanger for struts and tail wheel mods.

John
JLogan is offline Find More Posts by JLogan
Old Oct 14, 2012, 08:36 PM
USA, Texas Hill Country
Joined May 2008
1,684 Posts
"Can someone direct me to a "how-to" for the retractable tailwheel? I bought the robart 122, but the linkages are kind of confusing..."

"All American" has tailwheel mod that works perfectly and rotates in the correct direction- forward.
Do a search on this thread and you should be able to get fixed up. It's not difficult or expensive and it works.
Good luck,
ce
capteasy is online now Find More Posts by capteasy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: E-flite hawker Hurricane 25E
Old Oct 15, 2012, 09:40 AM
whiirrrrrr
Joined Nov 2011
785 Posts
Gracias! You can quote my post now
Old Oct 15, 2012, 11:49 AM
whiirrrrrr
Joined Nov 2011
785 Posts
Just a small tidbit. I'm a speed guy, and while I like the stock performance, I wish it was a bit faster. I maidened and have been flying on a power 32 w 13x8apc prop. Recently I went to a nice, large Hobbyshop, with an awesome selection of props. They even have the old 4 blade apc props in the 12"-15" range. I picked up a 13x10 in hopes of increasing pitch speed. I only got one flight on it so far. It seems like there is a little extra "umph" to it. Not a ton faster than the 13x8, but I believe noticeable. When I get my lg setup worked out I'll take both props out and do some more testing. While subjective I still feel Ill be able to determine if this upgrade worth it. I need to solder ec5 adapters for my watt meter and then I'll have some objective data to post.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 11:50 AM
whiirrrrrr
Joined Nov 2011
785 Posts
If that still isnt enough, a power 46 upgrade is next.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 01:19 PM
Belgium
Joined Aug 2008
1,570 Posts
I tested mine on 5S ( 2650 mah 45C) this last week-end and that gave me the extra boost I was looking for .... The vertical is now amazing... The Turnigy G32 and Trust 70A ESC seem to cope without problems. Prop is a TGS 13x8.
Manu Simon is offline Find More Posts by Manu Simon
Old Oct 15, 2012, 01:27 PM
Canada, NB, Fredericton
Joined Dec 2011
618 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manu Simon View Post
I tested mine on 5S ( 2650 mah 45C) this last week-end and that gave me the extra boost I was looking for .... The vertical is now amazing... The Turnigy G32 and Trust 70A ESC seem to cope without problems. Prop is a TGS 13x8.
5S! I would like to see a video of that.
I followed your advice on the G32 with a 13x8 TGS prop. and I thought that was much faster than the APC 13x6.5 prop.
In fact I thought it was very fast on the 4S 13x8 TGS propeller.
Did you measure the amp draw?
danpos is online now Find More Posts by danpos
Last edited by danpos; Oct 15, 2012 at 01:47 PM.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 04:55 PM
Belgium
Joined Aug 2008
1,570 Posts
One of the reason I did the test on 5S is that my 4S packs are now getting old and don't supply the amps they used to when younger. So instead of buying new packs I figured out I could try my newer 5S packs used in my HK vampire and Eflite Shoestring.

Haven't check the amps on 5S yet but will do.... I did two flights on 5S with throttle around 2/3 most of the time and got similar fly time compared to my 4S packs . When I fly her on 4S, throttle is around 4/5 and full.
Manu Simon is offline Find More Posts by Manu Simon
Old Oct 15, 2012, 05:21 PM
Warbird Enthusiast
Long Island, NY
Joined Jan 2008
5,085 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by srt8madness View Post
Can someone direct me to a "how-to" for the retractable tailwheel? I bought the robart 122, but the linkages are kind of confusing
I agree that All American's tail wheel conversion with an 18g retract worked out perfectly. The plastic 122 assembly is just not strong enough for a 6lb airframe, but works very well on my Parkzone P-47 and P-51 retractable tail wheel conversions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by srt8madness View Post
Just a small tidbit. I'm a speed guy, and while I like the stock performance, I wish it was a bit faster. I maidened and have been flying on a power 32 w 13x8apc prop. Recently I went to a nice, large Hobbyshop, with an awesome selection of props. They even have the old 4 blade apc props in the 12"-15" range. I picked up a 13x10 in hopes of increasing pitch speed. I only got one flight on it so far. It seems like there is a little extra "umph" to it. Not a ton faster than the 13x8, but I believe noticeable. .
Comparing a 13X8 2 blade to a 13X10 4 blade, It seems to me you'll have a combo that way overamps your motor and gives extremely short flight times with the possibily of a few more mph in pitch speed and increased thrust....let us know how that works out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manu Simon View Post
MS...with a 770kv motor and 13X8 prop on 5S.....whats your amp draw and prop rpm's ???
LICobra is offline Find More Posts by LICobra
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FMS P-51 4 blade vs 2 blade
Old Oct 15, 2012, 07:24 PM
whiirrrrrr
Joined Nov 2011
785 Posts
It seems I worded my post wrong on referencing the 4 blade props. I picked up a 13x10 2 blade prop. Sorry for the confusion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LICobra View Post
I agree that All American's tail wheel conversion with an 18g retract worked out perfectly. The plastic 122 assembly is just not strong enough for a 6lb airframe, but works very well on my Parkzone P-47 and P-51 retractable tail wheel conversions.

Comparing a 13X8 2 blade to a 13X10 4 blade, It seems to me you'll have a combo that way overamps your motor and gives extremely short flight times with the possibily of a few more mph in pitch speed and increased thrust....let us know how that works out.

MS...with a 770kv motor and 13X8 prop on 5S.....whats your amp draw and prop rpm's ???
Old Oct 15, 2012, 07:29 PM
Fresno, CA
Joined May 2005
1,140 Posts
I like it
jzanutto is online now Find More Posts by jzanutto
Old Oct 15, 2012, 07:59 PM
"Free crash instruction"
long island N.Y.
Joined Jan 2004
1,668 Posts
I like it too!....... But she won't let me have seconds I snuck one in anyway.......of course a second P-51 that is
Cr@sh is offline Find More Posts by Cr@sh