SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Mar 15, 2012, 03:55 PM
It's Not Too Windy...Man Up
ALL American's Avatar
USA, CT, Wallingford
Joined Oct 2009
1,458 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cr@sh View Post
I can't believe the kits now $149 ...2-3 weeks ago I payed $250 ....LOL.... ya know how much paint that can buy

2-3 weeks ago the retail price was $179.99. Where did you pay $250.00?
ALL American is offline Find More Posts by ALL American
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 15, 2012, 05:35 PM
Quad Squad
ManTownMedia's Avatar
United States, TX, Spring
Joined Apr 2011
239 Posts
Hobbyzone has this for $ 139.
ManTownMedia is offline Find More Posts by ManTownMedia
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2012, 05:46 PM
Registered User
capteasy's Avatar
USA, Texas Hill Country
Joined May 2008
1,883 Posts
If anyone's interested in a spare fuse I have two for sale in the Classified Airplanes Electric FS/W.
Dick
capteasy is offline Find More Posts by capteasy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: E-flite hawker Hurricane 25E
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2012, 06:28 PM
"Free crash instruction"
Cr@sh's Avatar
long island N.Y.
Joined Jan 2004
1,671 Posts
I grabbed one at Willis hobby here in NY. It was on shelf a few weeks and I kept having to bite my lip walking away, I finally bought after he said give me $250, ....#2 will be Horizon directly since that's where he get his stock.
I just returned home with my ram strobe lights he ordered and the struts came yesterday from amazon. I can't say how much I put into this bird but it makes me very happy.
I'm eager to fly this one..... so for now, just the little touches for fun while the second gets the bling.
I'm thinking the power 46 or maybe a scorpion because I'd like to go with swinging a 13x8 or 4 blade, if I locate a good performing prop for my second Mustang.
Can anyone tell me what or were these two black covers that look like gun barrels ? They came in package with muffler manifolds. I did not see them with the instructions like the manifolds.
Cr@sh is offline Find More Posts by Cr@sh
Last edited by Cr@sh; Mar 17, 2012 at 08:23 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2012, 06:39 PM
"Free crash instruction"
Cr@sh's Avatar
long island N.Y.
Joined Jan 2004
1,671 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManTownMedia View Post
Hobbyzone has this for $ 139.
Now it's starting to work on me ...$139 ... .......I always shop on impulse and need to curb that behavior ....... before I'm broke and living in a refrigerator box
Cr@sh is offline Find More Posts by Cr@sh
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2012, 06:52 PM
Registered User
TripleW's Avatar
Prescott, Arizona
Joined Feb 2010
6,759 Posts
So that's what the "B" stands for!
TripleW is offline Find More Posts by TripleW
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2012, 06:58 PM
"Free crash instruction"
Cr@sh's Avatar
long island N.Y.
Joined Jan 2004
1,671 Posts
he he he ..now thats a good one
Cr@sh is offline Find More Posts by Cr@sh
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2012, 10:32 PM
Warbird Enthusiast
LICobra's Avatar
Long Island, NY
Joined Jan 2008
5,357 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cr@sh View Post
I can't believe the kits now $149 ...2-3 weeks ago I payed $250 ....LOL.... ya know how much paint that can buy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALL American View Post
2-3 weeks ago the retail price was $179.99. Where did you pay $250.00?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cr@sh View Post
I grabbed one at Willis hobby here in NY. It was on shelf a few weeks and I kept having to bite my lip walking away, I finally bought after he said give me $250, no tax.
C...it's to bad Willis Hobby took advantage of you, as you didn't know of the price decrease, although it doesn't really suprise me they did that.....I stopped going there years ago.
LICobra is online now Find More Posts by LICobra
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FMS P-51 4 blade vs 2 blade
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2012, 10:47 PM
"Free crash instruction"
Cr@sh's Avatar
long island N.Y.
Joined Jan 2004
1,671 Posts
Tony, I know Ken well and I bet even he did not know the price went down. He purposely would not do that to me. I'll bring it up next time I hit LHS and I'm sure he'll make it up. I know plenty that stopped going there cause it's pricey. I, on the other hand get the hookup and know everyone personally..... and got dirt on everyone so.... Blackmail works fine when a new release is out of price range There a great group of guys but bizz is bizz and I know about his overhead....today is ruff and he says his online orders are now surpassing store purchases. Man, I just can't crunch the numbers I spend on this hobby or then I'd have to give it up . Maybe I'll collect gold coins as a hobby, it might turn out cheaper
Cr@sh is offline Find More Posts by Cr@sh
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2012, 10:47 PM
Look Up!
gewiens's Avatar
Canada, MB, Niverville
Joined Apr 2008
5,027 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentP View Post
What's this plane, like about 1/8 scale....scale up that stall speed and your coming in at 240 mph.......spare shorts required lol
Nice!
gewiens is offline Find More Posts by gewiens
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2012, 06:59 AM
Warbird Enthusiast
LICobra's Avatar
Long Island, NY
Joined Jan 2008
5,357 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cr@sh View Post
Tony, I know Ken well and I bet even he did not know the price went down. He purposely would not do that to me. I'll bring it up next time I hit LHS and I'm sure he'll make it up. I know plenty that stopped going there cause it's pricey. I, on the other hand get the hookup and know everyone personally..... and got dirt on everyone so.... Blackmail works fine when a new release is out of price range There a great group of guys but bizz is bizz and I know about his overhead....today is ruff and he says his online orders are now surpassing store purchases. Man, I just can't crunch the numbers I spend on this hobby or then I'd have to give it up . Maybe I'll collect gold coins as a hobby, it might turn out cheaper
C....Since you know Ken and the guy's at Willis very well, im sure after you explain the price decrease.... he'll do the right thing for you next time.
I personally never got jammed by them, but of course we all hear stories...and I do agree...they are pricey...and in some cases the internet with shipping is still less expensive then buying from them paying list price and tax......

On another note.....at the new reduced price of $139.99 I ordered another "B"...
LICobra is online now Find More Posts by LICobra
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FMS P-51 4 blade vs 2 blade
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2012, 11:54 AM
Quad Squad
ManTownMedia's Avatar
United States, TX, Spring
Joined Apr 2011
239 Posts
On the hobbyzone.com web site, the wing set is at 159 while the plane is 139...funny how it does not make sense.

I like your busty pilot - where did you get that one?
ManTownMedia is offline Find More Posts by ManTownMedia
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2012, 12:02 PM
One more flight...
CashD's Avatar
Joined Jan 2010
935 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManTownMedia View Post
I like your busty pilot - where did you get that one?
That pilot is made by slimline.
CashD is online now Find More Posts by CashD
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2012, 09:00 PM
Registered User
Australia, SA, Mt Barker
Joined Jan 2012
34 Posts
hi capt.
I use styrene for side panels, seat , floor ,and balsa for other panels.I made the levers on the throttle quadrant move just for the hell of it [not that you can see].I also did the oxygen hose the way you suggested.I also made the floor removable and attached the side panels to the canopy section.Just need to madien it know.FINGERS CROSSED.
raaf1 is offline Find More Posts by raaf1
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2012, 09:37 PM
Registered User
capteasy's Avatar
USA, Texas Hill Country
Joined May 2008
1,883 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by raaf1 View Post
hi capt.
I use styrene for side panels, seat , floor ,and balsa for other panels.I made the levers on the throttle quadrant move just for the hell of it [not that you can see].I also did the oxygen hose the way you suggested.I also made the floor removable and attached the side panels to the canopy section.Just need to madien it know.FINGERS CROSSED.
Excellent job....
Best of luck with your maiden, but I'm sure you'll fine. I need to maiden mine yet when weather and a decision on location is made.
Let us know how it goes.
Keep your RPMS's up

Dick
capteasy is offline Find More Posts by capteasy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: E-flite hawker Hurricane 25E
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion E-Flight Platinum series P-51b nitro_star Scale Kit/Scratch Built 2 Aug 27, 2010 04:09 PM
Question E-flite p-51b RCDestroyer Electric Plane Talk 4 Aug 26, 2010 12:10 PM
Sold ESM P-51B Mustang - "Frank Tiano Series" mustang1971 Aircraft - Fuel - Airplanes (FS/W) 8 Jun 06, 2010 02:32 PM
For Sale Nib E-flite platinum series AT-6 Texan w/ optional accsry's lavochkin Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 8 Mar 31, 2009 06:51 PM
For Sale NEW - Top Flite P-51B Mustang #RARE# JimJams Aircraft - Fuel - Airplanes (FS/W) 5 Apr 13, 2006 05:17 AM