HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 12, 2012, 10:45 PM
Carlos G.
United States, UT, Centerville
Joined Aug 2008
870 Posts
Its starting to look like something Phill, great build. Did you get that clutch hub install??
I will be out tomorrow monday for 3 flights (well I only have 3 pairs of batts) in case your coming over will see you there around 9am
crgonzalez08 is offline Find More Posts by crgonzalez08
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 12, 2012, 10:50 PM
Eek! I see RC People!
Utah
Joined Oct 2009
664 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonspawn78 View Post
Almost there, just need to wire up the electronics.
Lookin' good Mike. Excited to see you fly it.

Carlos: No. It's not installed yet. I just ordered a new hub. It won't arrive until Wednesday or so.
OICUFly12 is offline Find More Posts by OICUFly12
Old Aug 13, 2012, 06:56 AM
Got Thermals???
United States, UT, Roy
Joined Apr 2008
5,210 Posts
Carlos, if you read this before heading to the field I could meet you out there for a few minutes and grab that phone from you. Let me know, Thanks!
Fishjunky is offline Find More Posts by Fishjunky
Old Aug 13, 2012, 06:33 PM
Eek! I see RC People!
Utah
Joined Oct 2009
664 Posts
Hey Mike, you looking for a charger? Take a look at this deal.
Old Aug 14, 2012, 12:24 PM
Fly, crash, repair, repeat....
United States, UT, West Jordan
Joined Sep 2011
324 Posts
That's a nice charger setup. For now, I need more batteries before I get another charger. I like my x4 for home charging.

Eventually I'll build one like this.
BlenderBoy is offline Find More Posts by BlenderBoy
Old Aug 14, 2012, 05:49 PM
Eek! I see RC People!
Utah
Joined Oct 2009
664 Posts
I have a few items for sale on HeliFreak.

WFly WTF09S Transmitter/Receiver

3 x Spektrum H6040 servos

2 x NIB 325mm Mavrikk FB G5 Pro Wide Cord Blades
Old Aug 17, 2012, 04:48 PM
Lockheed Martin Flite test Tec
United States, UT, Provo
Joined Sep 2009
82 Posts
I Wanna Fly

Hey everyone,
My name is Eric, Im a bit new to the heli scene and i would love to have some people to fly with. I fly helis locally in provo, at rock canyon park with some friends of mine. and just about when we thought we were the only ones in utah that flew, i found this forum. Is there anyone that would be interested in flying tomorrow? i saw you guys have a place to fly in lehi? thats not to far from me, i would drive up there to meet some new people. My friends and i are all align fans and we all fly trex's. Personally i have two trex 600's and a trex 450 pro. We try to fly EVERY DAY! because we are all so addicted to them. Anyways if anyone wants to fly tomorrow, please let me know
Eric Fowkes is offline Find More Posts by Eric Fowkes
Old Aug 17, 2012, 05:59 PM
Joined Sep 2011
324 Posts
Welcome Eric. I'm kind of a tweener....sometimes I fly at the lehi field, but mostly at the farmington field.

If you wanted to meet up one weekend I'd be happy to go to lehi and fly. I mostly fly in the mornings on the weekend though due to work.
Old Aug 17, 2012, 06:02 PM
Lockheed Martin Flite test Tec
United States, UT, Provo
Joined Sep 2009
82 Posts
Cool! my friends and i fly every day so anytime is fine. I was going to head to lehi tomorrow to check out that field. ive never seen it.
Eric Fowkes is offline Find More Posts by Eric Fowkes
Old Aug 17, 2012, 06:17 PM
Joined Sep 2011
324 Posts
The lehi field is beautiful, if......you fly airplanes. The heli side is in poor condition, a small slab for taking off and landing right up against a fence. This is the main reason I started going to the farmington field. Best time in lehi is real early in the morn before all the plankers get there and you can fly off the runway.
Old Aug 17, 2012, 08:14 PM
Got Thermals???
United States, UT, Roy
Joined Apr 2008
5,210 Posts
Eric, welcome. I'll answer publicly here rather than PM if that's ok

Most of the active guys on this particular forum thread belong to the South Davis Modeler's club. It wasn't by design though, and doesn't have to stay that way

I don't fly heli's nearly as much as the other guys, and I won't be flying tomorrow due to soccer dad duties.

Hope to fly with you in the future. I know there are a couple guys who fly at the sod farm in Vineyard where they fly combat, but I don't know who they are.
Fishjunky is offline Find More Posts by Fishjunky
Old Aug 17, 2012, 09:47 PM
Eek! I see RC People!
Utah
Joined Oct 2009
664 Posts
Welcome Eric. Good group of guys here. I don't know enough about your area to give any advice, so i'll just wish you good luck.

Hey Mike, is your goblin ready?
Old Aug 18, 2012, 01:57 PM
Joined Sep 2011
324 Posts
Not flying yet, still have to do the servos and wiring.

I did bring out to the field but only Jim was there today.
Old Aug 18, 2012, 09:50 PM
Carlos G.
Joined Aug 2008
870 Posts
Hey Eric, my name is Carlos, and like the other guys here I fly at centerville too. We are glad to have you around the forum, and will be really nice to meet you one of this days....... I fly align too, I have a trex 600efl pro and airplanes, but i been flying helis most of this year.
Old Aug 18, 2012, 09:54 PM
Carlos G.
Joined Aug 2008
870 Posts
my dear demonspawn78 your new bird is plain and simple BEAUTIFULLLLLLLL!
I hope Im around the day you fly it.... I will be at the field tomorrow morning, looks like the weather will be decent enough to fly!
now passing to dlg business the plain I ordered from soaringusa is on hold, so i cancelled the order, and im gonna shoot for a better one ....... (hopefully a stobel, but keep it a secret!) or get a good deal on a used one. I figured if i have to wait, I will wait for something good
hope to see you guys tomorrow