SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 12, 2012, 03:07 PM
Fly, crash, repair, repeat....
United States, UT, West Jordan
Joined Sep 2011
324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishjunky View Post
Nice Carlos, glad to hear she's back together again.

Phil, will you bring out the Velo for us to drool over?

I went out last night and put some time into tuning the BeastX. I had the RevoMix backwards that's why I had tail kickout on a punch out. I changed it around to all the different settings and ended up turning it off completely. I now have an issue with piro, where in FFF I can piro one direction fine, but the other it sticks after 90*.

I flew more last night than I have in a month, .
Is the piro optimization setting going the correct way?

Do you have any piro rudder pre comp settings setup in the beast?

My optimization setting was reveresed first time I flew mine and I had some crazy piros happening as well. Then added pre comp and helped a lot.
BlenderBoy is offline Find More Posts by BlenderBoy
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 12, 2012, 03:17 PM
Eek! I see RC People!
Utah
Joined Oct 2009
664 Posts
Jim, if you want to look at a box, then I'll bring it out. Otherwise, it'll be next week before I have the velo ready.
OICUFly12 is offline Find More Posts by OICUFly12
Old Jul 12, 2012, 03:34 PM
Got Thermals???
United States, UT, Roy
Joined Apr 2008
5,210 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonspawn78 View Post
Is the piro optimization setting going the correct way?

Do you have any piro rudder pre comp settings setup in the beast?

My optimization setting was reveresed first time I flew mine and I had some crazy piros happening as well. Then added pre comp and helped a lot.
I took out all the pre comp stuff, which I mistakenly called Revo Mix. The winds kicked up on my last flight and I had to go grab a bunch of stuff that blew off the table. I need to check out my throws and gain settings.

Phil, if there's still a heli in the box I'd like to take a look. If you've already started building it then... no worries. I think I need a new shiny 50 size kit, the Rappy is all sloppy
Fishjunky is offline Find More Posts by Fishjunky
Old Jul 12, 2012, 03:54 PM
Eek! I see RC People!
Utah
Joined Oct 2009
664 Posts
The build has not been started. The box is as it was when I got it. Not sure if the 550 will make it tonight. Just discover lots of play in the tail shaft while I was setting servo limits. I'm gonna have to replace the whole unit because some of the screws in the tail have stripped and I won't be able to fully disassemble it. I think I have the parts. If not, the 550 will be down 'til I get some new ones.
Old Jul 12, 2012, 04:45 PM
Eek! I see RC People!
Utah
Joined Oct 2009
664 Posts
Nope. Need more parts for the 550. Even the small frame part I need to replace needs parts. The mounting screw were all bent up. What I thought was a simple rebuild of the head has turned into quite a project this week.

I know Carlos is coming, anyone else? I was thinking of leaving around 5:30 and pick up dinner along the way.
Old Jul 12, 2012, 05:07 PM
Got Thermals???
United States, UT, Roy
Joined Apr 2008
5,210 Posts
I'm going to be there, but it's not looking good for being there early. I will have the boys with me too.
Old Jul 12, 2012, 05:28 PM
Carlos G.
United States, UT, Centerville
Joined Aug 2008
848 Posts
are you bringing your DLG JIM? I would like to do a couple of throws if you will allow me~!
crgonzalez08 is offline Find More Posts by crgonzalez08
Old Jul 13, 2012, 11:36 AM
Got Thermals???
United States, UT, Roy
Joined Apr 2008
5,210 Posts
I would never deny you a throw Carlos. Sorry the radio gear was kaput last night.
Old Jul 14, 2012, 01:06 PM
Eek! I see RC People!
Utah
Joined Oct 2009
664 Posts
No flying for me today, so I'd like to use this time to start talking about getting some pics and vids of our helis at different locations. A few weeks ago, Mike and I were talking about it. We both thought it was a good idea. I was thinking of Antelope island, Ben Lomond peak, the salt flats, and someplace in the unitahs.

Any other ideas?
Old Jul 15, 2012, 12:16 PM
Carlos G.
Joined Aug 2008
848 Posts
It sounds like a good idea, I would like to participate, but will have to be on Sunday, just let me know where do we meet (and time)
Old Jul 15, 2012, 03:43 PM
Carlos G.
Joined Aug 2008
848 Posts
Well it happened again!
My trex 600 was on the floor and the tail fin decided to give up and the blades got fry. I need to replace gear, fin and some plastic parts on the tailblades grips that I don't even know how they are call or if they sell them. I'm guessing the fin was damage from the prev hard landing and I didn't know, here are some pics
Name: IMG00187-20120715-1232.jpg
Views: 50
Size: 306.7 KB
Description:

Name: IMG00188-20120715-1232.jpg
Views: 50
Size: 307.5 KB
Description:

Name: IMG00189-20120715-1232.jpg
Views: 53
Size: 304.2 KB
Description:
Old Jul 15, 2012, 04:06 PM
Eek! I see RC People!
Utah
Joined Oct 2009
664 Posts
Well that sucks Carlos. Hope it's not too difficult to repair.
Old Jul 15, 2012, 08:01 PM
Carlos G.
Joined Aug 2008
848 Posts
well does little plastic things that i was talking about, are call, control links, and YES! they sell them! parts are on there way, so they should be here by wednesday
Old Jul 15, 2012, 08:32 PM
Fly, crash, repair, repeat....
United States, UT, West Jordan
Joined Sep 2011
324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICUFly12 View Post
No flying for me today, so I'd like to use this time to start talking about getting some pics and vids of our helis at different locations. A few weeks ago, Mike and I were talking about it. We both thought it was a good idea. I was thinking of Antelope island, Ben Lomond peak, the salt flats, and someplace in the unitahs.

Any other ideas?
Yeah, let's get together and make a schedule like once a month and where. That way we can post it along with a map and who ever wants to show can and can have it planned with plenty of notice.
BlenderBoy is offline Find More Posts by BlenderBoy
Old Jul 16, 2012, 05:14 PM
Eek! I see RC People!
Utah
Joined Oct 2009
664 Posts
I suggest Antelope island for the first trip. It's close, so there's not a lot of driving for any of us. It appears there are several roads, so it might be possible to drive to several locations on the island. Looks like there are some picnic or camping spots on the north side of the island. I'm interested in some sunset type shots, but maybe we should hit it in the morning the first time we're out there. We can scope the place out a bit, take some daytime shots, then later that day or on another trip we can try to get the sunset shots. Not sure if the nitro helis would be welcome out there, but I don't see anything wrong with the electrics.
Last edited by OICUFly12; Jul 16, 2012 at 05:33 PM.