HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 02, 2010, 07:27 PM
Got Thermals???
United States, UT, Roy
Joined Apr 2008
5,210 Posts
There are multiple ideas out there regarding flybarless(FBL), and whether FBL or FB is better.

The head setup is simplified by removing all the links and not having to worry about the ccpm interactions. The FBL controller compensates for all of this. It basically is the great equalizer of heli kits. You can dial in just about any machine to fly the way you want.

For me on the Raptor at least, it made it less pitchy in forward flight.
Fishjunky is offline Find More Posts by Fishjunky
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 03, 2010, 01:12 PM
Eek! I see RC People!
Utah
Joined Oct 2009
664 Posts
FBL systems are also supposed to have a little more power since you are not swinging the paddles anymore and they supposedly less affected by the wind.
OICUFly12 is offline Find More Posts by OICUFly12
Old Dec 05, 2010, 12:47 PM
Sink? Circling now to confirm.
United States, UT, American Fork
Joined May 2002
16,985 Posts
Yippie!!!!!!!!!! Sold the Dragonus for $204.00 shipped to NY. Ouch!!! That hurt, but it wasnt ever gonna do me any good.
JONBOYLEMON is offline Find More Posts by JONBOYLEMON
Old Dec 05, 2010, 04:27 PM
Eek! I see RC People!
Utah
Joined Oct 2009
664 Posts
That's great! Hope your next purchase works out better.
Old Dec 06, 2010, 11:04 AM
Got Thermals???
United States, UT, Roy
Joined Apr 2008
5,210 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JONBOYLEMON View Post
Yippie!!!!!!!!!! Sold the Dragonus for $204.00 shipped to NY. Ouch!!! That hurt, but it wasnt ever gonna do me any good.
Great news, like Phil said. However now you're oficially kicked out of the "Rotor Heads" forum

Unless you ever picked up one of those tri-copters
Old Dec 06, 2010, 11:12 AM
Joined May 2002
16,985 Posts
I still have a TRI Copter so dont be gettin all excited that you are done with me!!!
Old Dec 06, 2010, 11:30 AM
Got Thermals???
United States, UT, Roy
Joined Apr 2008
5,210 Posts
Well, it was worth a shot

I'm actually becoming more and more intrigued on the idea of building a tri, so I may be hitting you up for some info.
Old Dec 06, 2010, 11:44 AM
Joined May 2002
16,985 Posts
Ummmm I know a guy who would sell you a TRI RTF!!!!!! Almost no run time and all the gremlins removed. I have a little DLG addiction coming on since the TRI is alot like Helis, I would not miss it all that much. But I must admit, the TRI is a hoot. WAY funner to fly, at least for me, than a heli.
Old Dec 06, 2010, 12:36 PM
Got Thermals???
United States, UT, Roy
Joined Apr 2008
5,210 Posts
Wow, you know a guy like that? It's gonna have to wait till next year, or the kids will be gettin' servo extensions for stocking stuffers .
Old Dec 06, 2010, 01:07 PM
Joined May 2002
16,985 Posts
Servo extension make great stocking stuffers. That and Deans connectors!!!!!
Old Dec 07, 2010, 07:32 PM
Got Thermals???
United States, UT, Roy
Joined Apr 2008
5,210 Posts
I put two batteries through the Swift and one tank through the Rappy this afternoon. The Swift is now off the chopping block, as it behaved itself today. It didn't try to shake itself to death.
Old Dec 07, 2010, 10:59 PM
Utah
Joined Sep 2009
499 Posts
A couple of weeks ago I bought a Swift RTF off of Ebay. I couldn't resist as I'm officially addicted to buying heli's and stuff!

Anyway, I got it all set up and switched to spektrum 2.4ghz.

Took it out back today; stuck the training gear on; and managed to hover for about 1 minute before putting it tail-first into the grass! It broke right at the blade holder and I saw it go flying past me!

Grrr!

I didn't have time to fly my Gaui, so it's not dead! hehe And my scale build is going along slowly, slowly.

Ciao,

Will
Stenz28 is offline Find More Posts by Stenz28
Old Dec 08, 2010, 09:41 AM
Got Thermals???
United States, UT, Roy
Joined Apr 2008
5,210 Posts
Will, sorry to hear about the crash blades flying by is a bit scary. Did it just destroy the tail? Or was it a main blade that flew past?

The heli addiction is a hard one to kick... but then I haven't really tried to kick the habit

I have been practicing on the sim for about a month now (trying to get 20min a day) backwards upright flight, and inverted hovering. I performed my first backwards circuit yesterday in real life, I also did some inverted hovering with some inverted climbouts too. It's a great feeling when it all comes together.
Old Dec 08, 2010, 07:13 PM
Eek! I see RC People!
Utah
Joined Oct 2009
664 Posts
Wow Jim! You are progressing quite nicely. Hopefully, we'll have some time to fly together in the coming weeks. Hope I got all that string out of your tail rotor.
Old Dec 09, 2010, 07:31 AM
Got Thermals???
United States, UT, Roy
Joined Apr 2008
5,210 Posts
Phil, Thanks for the compliment and for your help out at the field today. I really shouldn't have flown, since I had such a tight schedule... but it was just too tempting to try the new fuel.

Hope next week has some decent weather, let me know when you're heading out there.