|Aug 24, 2010, 04:38 PM|
what is the scale of Aquacraft Atlantic Tugboat
I am new in this forum and fresh in the game. have only modified toy boats before sorry if I post this in a totally wrong place.
I have ordered myself an Aquacraft Atlantic Tugboat to modify and make it "look real". what scale is this boat? canīt find anything on the producers page. My guess is about 1:20 but that is only from images. Anyone know what size I should get my crew?
|Aug 24, 2010, 07:20 PM|
Joined Nov 2005
Don't use ebay for that kind of info. Check out this link and it should explain the different scales used in model rail roading.
|Aug 24, 2010, 08:29 PM|
The ezine article is a little misleading. All G trains run on G "gauge" track (45mm). G "scale" is all over the board.
Lifted from Wikipedia article on G scale
* Wrightway Rolling Stock 1:32 and 10mm scale custom built British North American and European passenger stock.
* Accucraft has three scales- Fn3 is 1:20.3, Gauge 1 is 1:32, and their Ĺ" scale is 1:24
* Aristo-Craft is 1:29, “Classic” series is 1:24
* Aster is 1:32
* Bachmann's "Big Haulers" series is to 1:22.5, while their "Spectrum" Series is to 1:20.3 scale
* Hartland Locomotive Works is 1:22.5
* LGB is 1:22.5
* Marklin "MAXI" is 1:32
* MTH Rail-King is 1:32
* USA Trains “Ultimate” Series is 1:29, “American” Series is 1:24
Best bet is to use the doors on the Atlantic as a guide and measure any figures before you buy them. The tug is off scale. My brother has one and if I recall correctly the wheelhouse doors are taller than 1/24 ones would be.
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|For Sale RTR atlantic habour tugboat||Truckcrazy||Boats (FS/W)||0||May 21, 2010 12:28 AM|
|Sold Aquacraft atlantic harbour tug for trade||Truckcrazy||Boats (FS/W)||6||May 19, 2010 08:53 PM|
|Build Log Aquacraft Atlantic up grades||gtopillado||Scale Boats||64||Apr 22, 2010 02:04 AM|
|Sold Aquacraft Atlantic Harbor Tugboat||cpd32||Boats (FS/W)||5||Jan 18, 2010 02:17 PM|
|Discussion Mr. Darby or ATLANTIC tugboat winch||MILLERTIME||Dock Talk||0||Mar 02, 2006 10:11 PM|