jumpy is offline Find More Posts by jumpy
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 13, 2011, 01:12 AM
Deutschland, BY
Joined Oct 2007
173 Posts
Thanks to all who like this build!

@ malakiblunt
The bottoms of the pylons are reinforced at the whole length with a strip of 0,3x5mm glas-fibre. To be able to add several "cargo pods" each pylon got two 0,1x10x10 steel plates folded around the glas-fibre strips.
The "heavy" magnets are mounted onto the top of the cargo - the main advantage is, if the plane comes out too heavy the magnets stay on the ground . I used the same principle at my SU-22 and YAK-130.

A pic to explain how the pylons are build and a 2nd pic of a possible cargo-configuration:
Mr. UD is offline Find More Posts by Mr. UD
Last edited by Mr. UD; Dec 19, 2011 at 12:20 AM.
Old Dec 11, 2011, 03:34 AM
smithy
Cornwall, UK
Joined Dec 2004
524 Posts
Any updates on this build?

Phil
jumpy is offline Find More Posts by jumpy
Old Dec 12, 2011, 12:05 AM
Deutschland, BY
Joined Oct 2007
173 Posts
Sorry for the lack of postings for so long. In fact I was able to invest only a couple of hours into the build during the last six weeks or so because there is a lot to do at work.
But I found time to carve the inner and outer parts of the engine-nacelles tail sections this weekend. Also carved and sanded the cutouts for the nozzles and prepared abused pudding-cups to work as nozzles. Unfortunately they are way to short and very soft, so im tinkering around with PVC-sheets for a better solution. Not much progress to see so no pics at the moment - but I keep on working on her!
Old Jan 28, 2012, 08:30 AM
Deutschland, BY
Joined Oct 2007
173 Posts
...finished the nozzles and the tail sections of the engine-nacceles. Also made the servo-pushrods, glued in the servos, finished the servo-harness and programmed the TX.

But I guess I fried one ESC during programming

Finally checked the CG: and once again I have built a nose-heavy bird! The CG is about 100mm (4") too far forward with the planned 3s-5000mAh accu. So I have to redesign the accu-compartment
Same happend to my Nemesis and the Henschel HS-129 - but I guess its much better to be nose- than tail-heavy
Old Jan 30, 2012, 11:07 PM
St.Catharines, Ontario
Joined Jan 2009
10,377 Posts
deffinitely! nose heavy flies like crap. tail heavy flies once. LOL.
LuvEvolution7 is offline Find More Posts by LuvEvolution7
Old Jan 31, 2012, 12:14 AM
Deutschland, BY
Joined Oct 2007
173 Posts
...something between these extremes would be nice

Yesterday I replaced the controlers by two new HK Super simple 50/60 ones and soldered a new power-harness: both EDFs are running smooth up to full power now (balanced them before - as good as possible - not easy to do so at this units!)

Now some little cosmetics and the modification of the accu-compartment are left to do and then I finally can start to paint her. I will add panel lines before the paintjob as I did with the Henschel - came out quite well
Old Feb 26, 2012, 03:24 AM
Deutschland, BY
Joined Oct 2007
173 Posts
...finally finished

So folks, finally I had time to finish her. Here are some pics of the painted airframe:
Old Feb 26, 2012, 07:11 AM
nøtterøy, NORWAY
Joined Mar 2006
1,171 Posts
Sweet!

Good luck with the maiden
kimhey is offline Find More Posts by kimhey
Old Jun 11, 2014, 09:16 AM
Deutschland, BY
Joined Oct 2007
173 Posts
Its been a Long time since the maiden, but I now found some pics on my old Laptop:
Old Jun 11, 2014, 04:21 PM
United States, MI, Royal Oak
Joined Nov 2005
1,373 Posts
Very cool, how did she fly?
JGuilty13 is online now Find More Posts by JGuilty13