|Sep 19, 2010, 09:39 PM|
United States, LA, Concordia Parish
Joined Mar 2008
Your welcome. I'm curious to see how this one fly. Do you have an idea of what your auw will be?Wingspan? Your T-50 project would of been a nice choice for the edfs. I like the way you made that.
|Sep 20, 2010, 08:01 AM|
Thanks for the commendation!
I hope the SU will be below 2kg (1,5?); wingspan is 1250mm without pods.
Havent had much time to proceed at the weekend (I'm living in munich ) but the right fuselage is carved/ sanded and the forward wing-bulkhead is ready to be installed - hope to finish carving of the left nacelle today.
..next is the installation of the ducting made of thin plastic sheet - hope this will work the way I expect.
|Oct 01, 2010, 12:57 AM|
Lots of progress but no camera :
-carved and sanded fuselage, canopy, back and nacelles
-build forward and rear wing-mounting spars and brackets
Today I will start to build the wing:
-cutting slits for the spars:
rear spar 75mm from the TE; D6x1,25mm carbon tube
forward spar 185 from the TE; D5x0,5mm carbon tube
Not sure about the aileron size: span of 230mm (25% depth) would be scale but 310mm would give more roll control (beside that at scale-sized ailerons I could install flaps too??? weight <-> lift/gadget )
|Oct 14, 2010, 12:06 PM|
fnally some pics
Finally I was able to borrow a camera and make some pics of the actual progress:
wing and center section:
-center section parts are glued together and shaped
-slits for spars and wing brackets are melted/ cutted into the center section
-slits for spars are melted into the wings
-all parts are glued together and shaped
-cutouts for elevator-servos and cable tunnels are done
-canopy is roughly shaped
-nacelles are glued on and shaped
|Oct 15, 2011, 12:49 PM|
... after finishing my Nemesis Air Racer and my Henschel HS-129 B3 I decided to finish my SU-39 too - I will start with it tomorrow after a break of almost exactly one year!
|Oct 15, 2011, 01:55 PM|
deffinitely subscribed. what an awesome plane.
did you ever do anything about coating the duct walls? if not, have you considered something like a one part liquid polymer, or two part liquid polymer coatings? it's as simplw as paint on and let dry to a hard, smooth finish.
if you want a cheaper solution, I like coffee filter paper and Water Based Polyurethane. brush the WBPU ont he foam and then lay your cut pieces of coffee filter paper down, then saturate with more WBPU. let dry and it'll be smoother than the foam surface. if you go this method, I would work from the exhaust to the inlet, since you'll have to overlap the pieces of filter paper. going from front to back will make sure that the aird doesn't lift the overlaps.
another option is to use pieces of poster board or brown paper, cut to size, then glue them to the foam underneath. this is less work, but probably won't last as long.
|Oct 17, 2011, 08:50 PM|
This is looking great, intreasting subject plane but should also be a realy good flying model. Your Henschel inspired me to start my own EPP scale build a Heinkel P.1078c
|Oct 18, 2011, 01:43 PM|
@LuvEvolution7: I didnt decide how to cover the intakes yet - but I guess I will try the plastic-sheet version first because it is the least time consuming version - if this will fail I will try your recommendations
For motivation I did the work package with the most visible progress first: so I started work with the wing. I marked the the ailerons, flaps and the cutouts for the associated servos (4xHXT900) and carved out the cutouts and the cable-channels. Next will be the soldering of the wing-harness and the assembling of the wing spars.
|Nov 06, 2011, 06:19 AM|
...lot of progress:
- cutted out ailerons and flaps
- hinged them with UHU-POR
- soldered the wing-harness (2 aileron and 2 flap-servos connected to the fuselage-harness via a single 5-pole balancer-plug)
- glued in the main and secondary-spar
- attached the aluminium-reinforcements
- cutted, carved and glued on the wingtip - ECM - pods
- cutted the pylons and their bottom glass-fibre reinforcements (0.3x5x150mm)
- soldered the fuselage - servo harness (2 elevator-servos, 2 controllers and the connection to the wing-harness)
- soldered the power - harness
- carved the LE, TE and HL of the horizontal- and vertical tail surfaces
- cutted slots for the carbon fibre spars (5x0.5mm) of the horizontal- and vertical tail
- cutted and carved the doublers at the bottom of the vertical tail (rear missile warner)
..pics will follow
|Nov 12, 2011, 06:04 AM|
...attached the pylons to the wing and installed reinforcments (3mm ply-floor and 10x0,5mm CfK-longerons) in the accu-bay.
...and finally here are the promised pics of the actual progress:
|Category||Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Discussion||Well, I guess when you set the house on fire...||jhspring||Electric Warbirds||61||Sep 14, 2010 04:35 PM|
|For Sale||Bunch of planes....Lets make some deals on these planes...||terrywolfpack||Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W)||11||Aug 19, 2010 09:40 PM|
|Contest||Let's Play Guess the Candidate!||Miami Mike||Life, The Universe, and Politics||11||May 09, 2007 08:30 AM|
|Discussion||Lets play 'guess the advertised capacity'||Nethole||Batteries and Chargers||36||Oct 24, 2006 02:27 PM|
|Guess the Plane!||AirVenture||Scale Kit/Scratch Built||14||Jan 14, 2002 10:30 AM|