HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 18, 2010, 01:21 PM
Under Warranty!
Washington State
Joined Feb 2006
495 Posts
After looking at more of Ebay's policies I have found that there is almost wording that would prohibit sales of such "fakes." I think this lies in our hands to expose the hazards and the clear cut dishonesty. Once enough of us do this I am certain the item will be moved or the description of the item will change. If they do not remove the item I will just have to inform ebay that this forum has had millions of posts/reads. Maybe that will make them think about supporting dishonest business practices.
2sicMiniT is offline Find More Posts by 2sicMiniT
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 18, 2010, 01:30 PM
Amherst, NY
Joined Jan 2008
310 Posts
I sent exactly the same stuff about the risks. Also my fake is back on its way to china via express mail. We need to keep sending out emails to ebay.

What the sellers have that is worth money is the rep. I have a feeling that an account in China with a high number of sales and good feedback has a value in itself. If we can get the account terminated and feedback revoked that would at least be a positive outcome for us all.
Darker4308 is offline Find More Posts by Darker4308
Old Sep 18, 2010, 02:05 PM
Under Warranty!
Washington State
Joined Feb 2006
495 Posts
I doubt that the account will be effected, we will at least be able to the the item removed and save alot of people anguish.
Old Sep 18, 2010, 02:41 PM
Amherst, NY
Joined Jan 2008
310 Posts
The items were still selling this morning.
Old Sep 18, 2010, 03:05 PM
Amherst, NY
Joined Jan 2008
310 Posts
Good news guys. I think ebay may be starting a procedure to shut these guys down. I got got some kinda feedback survey.
Old Sep 18, 2010, 05:06 PM
Essex, UK
Joined Dec 2003
579 Posts
What's to stop them just registering another id and account?
I think I may have been hit twice..I also bought what I thought was another bargain from a guy in Germany, but the picture looks very suspiciously similar...!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Oh well, I'll just have to bite the bullet when it gets here. But I may get lucky as he does not appear to be a large volume seller, but then maybe he's just offloading his mistake?

What's everyone's thoughts on returning the offending item back to the seller? Surely it should go back to ebay or a responsible body, but most importantly taken OUT OF CIRCULATION...?
I suppose if that's the only way ebay wants to play it, and guarantee your money back, I'd have to think on it.
Ahmed is offline Find More Posts by Ahmed
Last edited by Ahmed; Sep 18, 2010 at 05:12 PM.
Old Sep 18, 2010, 06:52 PM
life is an oyster. shuck it!
bennington, VT
Joined Mar 2008
3,175 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmed View Post
What's to stop them just registering another id and account?
I think I may have been hit twice..I also bought what I thought was another bargain from a guy in Germany, but the picture looks very suspiciously similar...!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Oh well, I'll just have to bite the bullet when it gets here. But I may get lucky as he does not appear to be a large volume seller, but then maybe he's just offloading his mistake?

What's everyone's thoughts on returning the offending item back to the seller? Surely it should go back to ebay or a responsible body, but most importantly taken OUT OF CIRCULATION...?
I suppose if that's the only way ebay wants to play it, and guarantee your money back, I'd have to think on it.
yea but just because of the jewel case doesn't mean it's a fake. a gy401 i bought from tower hobbies came in a case just like that.
istandalone is offline Find More Posts by istandalone
Old Sep 18, 2010, 08:45 PM
Amherst, NY
Joined Jan 2008
310 Posts
My only goal is to have the account suspended. Let me explain a little bit about the underground economy. The reason this guy is able to sell stuff is that he has good feedback. No one buys anything out of China off a dude with like 20 feedback. It just doesn't happen. The feedback is the true "equity" of this business. I would imagine a good feedback "west certified" ebay account is worth a few thousand dollars over there.
Old Sep 18, 2010, 10:30 PM
Under Warranty!
Washington State
Joined Feb 2006
495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darker4308 View Post
My only goal is to have the account suspended. Let me explain a little bit about the underground economy. The reason this guy is able to sell stuff is that he has good feedback. No one buys anything out of China off a dude with like 20 feedback. It just doesn't happen. The feedback is the true "equity" of this business. I would imagine a good feedback "west certified" ebay account is worth a few thousand dollars over there.
Yes, a sellers account that has alot of positive feedback is worth alot. However, you also have to consider that the seller had to start at 0 like everyone else. I am not going to try to say that this particular seller isn't providing alot of good service. It just happens that part of it is not kosher. Unfortunately with foreign sellers like this I don't think it even processes in their brains that it is as bad as it is. Eventually, through persistance we will get this taken care of. I don't wish this person out of business, I simply wish that they amend their selling practices.
Old Sep 19, 2010, 12:50 AM
Under Warranty!
Washington State
Joined Feb 2006
495 Posts
Update from eBay

Thank You for Your Report (Community Watch) (KMM32106518V96141L0KM)
Sent: Sep-18-10 00:49 AM

We will review the listing(s) you have reported for violations of our
Potentially Infringing Items policies. In order to keep eBay a safe and
fun place to trade, we often rely on members like you to bring such
violations to our attention.

In light of our privacy policy, we cannot share with you any action
taken by eBay with respect to this listing. If we determine that the
listing violates eBay policy, we may:

1. Send the seller an informational alert;
2. Remove the listing; or
3. Suspend the seller.

Account suspensions are usually reserved for those sellers that
repeatedly disregard policy.

If the item you reported does not appear on its face to be infringing,
we may refer it to the intellectual property rights owner for review. If
the rights owner has a good faith belief that the item is infringing,
they may choose to send eBay a formal request to remove the listing. For
more information on eBay's cooperation with rights owners, please visit:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/confidenc...s-vero-ov.html

For more information on eBay's Potentially Infringing Items policies,
please visit:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/item_allowed.html

In order for us to get to you in a timely manner, please do not respond
to this email. If you reply to this message we will not receive your
email. All communications should be sent through the link provided
above.

Thank you for your report.

Regards,

The eBay Community Watch Team

Still waiting for the work week to start so I can get a response from the CEO of ebay. We shall see if going all the way with it really is helpful. Usually from my experience is that an executive of a company this large gets quite upset when problems have to go all the way to the top to be resolved. In this case heads could roll. "Let the inquisition begin!"
Last edited by 2sicMiniT; Sep 19, 2010 at 01:36 AM.
Old Sep 19, 2010, 03:19 AM
Essex, UK
Joined Dec 2003
579 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sicMiniT View Post
Update from eBay

We shall see if going all the way with it really is helpful. Usually from my experience is that an executive of a company this large gets quite upset when problems have to go all the way to the top to be resolved. In this case heads could roll. "Let the inquisition begin!"
I am not so sure: look at all the verbose legal wording in their respone to you, just covering ebay's obligations but at the same time, laying the way from them to do nothing if they so wish and leaving the victim none the wiser.. You won't even be informed of any action taken if any.
To me, it's like the fine words that make up many corporate "Mission statements" but it's quite clear that the fine words boil down to a bunch of crap in many cases!

But good luck with your efforts 2sicMiniT - we would all be even angrier if some poor soul had an accident with one of these devices and so it's definitely worth pursuing, we appreciate your connections!!
Old Sep 19, 2010, 09:46 AM
Essex, UK
Joined Dec 2003
579 Posts
Ebay message today:
"Hello ,
The seller has responded to you and offered another solution to resolve this issue.
Seller's message:
"hi friend we will refund half to you as the compensation, is that ok looking for your reply thanks"

If you're satisfied with this solution, you can let the seller know by sending a message in the Resolution Centre. If you don't want to accept this offer, we encourage you to send the seller a message with a solution that you'd be happy with."

UNBELIEVABLE! Words fail me!
I'll go out and see if I can sell wholesale copyrights on ebay, as they seem not to give a damn!!
So whose copyrights shall I infringe? Musicians, tv and film? There's a whole world of opportunity waiting for me and ebay!

My reponse through ebay resolution centre:
This is totally unacceptable. I paid for a GENUINE Futaba GY401, that is NOT what you sent me. You have broken international copyright law and have attempted to cheat me - you MUST refund IN FULL my money.
Last edited by Ahmed; Sep 19, 2010 at 09:52 AM.
Old Sep 19, 2010, 10:43 AM
Joined Apr 2009
90 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmed View Post
Ebay message today:

Seller's message:
"hi friend we will refund half to you as the compensation, is that ok looking for your reply thanks"
Same kind of reply I got from him, then nothing.

Paypal just asked me to destroy the gyros though so things may be looking up.

In order to continue with the investigation of your claim, here’s what weneed you to do:
1. Destroy and discard the item in question – this is a necessary stepbecause it may actually be illegal to ship this item back to us.

2. Provide PayPal with documentation confirming that the item was destroyedand discarded. Simply sign and date the document provided below, and fax itto (02) 8223-jjjj.

3. We need to receive your fax within 3 calendar days from the date of thismessage or your claim will be canceled. Please note that PayPal is unable to reimburse you for any costs or feesincurred in obtaining or providing the requested documents. Also, thedocument may be supplied to the seller if necessary.
Thanks for your cooperation and patience.
Sincerely,
Craig
Protection Services DepartmentPayPal, an eBay Company Copyright © 1999-2010 PayPal, Inc. All rights reserved.PayPal Australia Pty Limited ABN 93 111 195 389 (AFSL 304962).

Any generalfinancial product advice provided in this site has not taken into accountyour objectives, financial situations or needs.
kneekolaas is offline Find More Posts by kneekolaas
Old Sep 19, 2010, 06:08 PM
Joined Sep 2010
19 Posts
sure this is the same with another case:
http://cgi.ebay.es/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...#ht_3153wt_992
bacardis is offline Find More Posts by bacardis
Old Sep 19, 2010, 06:58 PM
Under Warranty!
Washington State
Joined Feb 2006
495 Posts
Main difference here is that it is not trying to fake what it is. Plus, reviews for this gyro were pretty good considering it's expected to be a cheapo.