HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 10, 2010, 03:46 AM
Joined Apr 2009
90 Posts
I love this quote

"maybe your friend get the wrong item , maybe the mistake was from our warehouse,"

Like they have both fake and genuine at there warehouse.........and ..and you must have been sent the wrong one...!!!!! yes...!!!! thats it...!!!!!

People may be seriously injured from these fake gyros....

How do these guys sleep at night

Glad I started this post, even if just a coupolke of people dont get ripped.. then its time well spent.

and lets not give them to many ideas cus they know about this post now
kneekolaas is offline Find More Posts by kneekolaas
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 10, 2010, 01:34 PM
Amherst, NY
Joined Jan 2008
310 Posts
I wouldn't worry about anything. They don't seem to speak any english. The only english they probably know is the ebay EULA.

They know they are shipping fakes. They just can't directly say they ship fakes or ebay will have to slowely take action. At this stage they make ebay money.

The only thing we can really do is just spread the word not to buy in china unless you know the people you are deal with.
Darker4308 is offline Find More Posts by Darker4308
Old Sep 10, 2010, 07:36 PM
Joined Feb 2009
97 Posts
I realise a lot of people have been duped with fake gyros. I've checked E-Bay and found about 6 vendors selling the Futaba gy401 at about $68. My concern now is I do not see any negative feed back for the sellers I looked at regarding this gyro. How come the guys who have been ripped off are not giving negative feedback? Did I maybe not find the vendors who are selling this junk? When I buy from E-Bay if it is a seller I have not dealt with before the first thing I check is the actual feedback from buyers to see how the seller conducts business. In this case seeing no negative feedback would lead me feel ok about buying from them which is obviously not correct. Anyhoo that's just my observation.
leakywellie is offline Find More Posts by leakywellie
Old Sep 10, 2010, 09:45 PM
life is an oyster. shuck it!
bennington, VT
Joined Mar 2008
3,175 Posts
because very few of the people that rec'd these realize they're fake. they look real, they have the gold terminals and they obviously weigh the right amount (thanks to the rusty nut).
people realise they're fake when they use them in 3d flight and the tail doesn't hold. by that time, the feedback has already been left.
istandalone is offline Find More Posts by istandalone
Old Sep 11, 2010, 08:25 AM
Joined Feb 2009
97 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by istandalone View Post
because very few of the people that rec'd these realize they're fake. they look real, they have the gold terminals and they obviously weigh the right amount (thanks to the rusty nut).
people realise they're fake when they use them in 3d flight and the tail doesn't hold. by that time, the feedback has already been left.
I see, it's a shame you can't reverse your feedback later if you do get a fake part. I wonder if it would help if prospective buyers or heli fliers in general were to swamp E-Bay with requests to verify that these parts are fake or real. At least E-Bay might get so annoyed at all the e-mails that they take some action against these sellers. Also how about starting a list on here of the names of the sellers who have shipped fakes. I know they'll change their trading name but then they start from scratch with feedback etc. Just my thoughts, anyone agree?
leakywellie is offline Find More Posts by leakywellie
Last edited by leakywellie; Sep 11, 2010 at 08:32 AM.
Old Sep 11, 2010, 10:31 AM
bennington, VT
Joined Mar 2008
3,175 Posts
sounds like a good plan.

it's my guess though, that ebay doesn't care too much. these shysters make ebay a ton of cheddar, not to mention the shysters are overseas, so the usa copywrite/trademark etc doesn't effect it.
Old Sep 12, 2010, 12:21 PM
Amherst, NY
Joined Jan 2008
310 Posts
So they got me again. They don't provide an english address such that I can send the item back. They are basically trying to force me to keep talking to them until sept 19th when the return is void. Ebay won't answer any questions either. I'm hoping to try to get something out of calling customer service, but this has been a nightmare. These guys are amazing.
Old Sep 12, 2010, 07:20 PM
Looptastic!
Enschede, Netherlands
Joined Nov 2009
2,292 Posts
So the gyro is not a real Futaba and has been equipoped with a golden stabilisation nut.
But what about the topic title "Do the fake GY 401 gyros work OK...???? "

How do they preform and are they worth considering for $80?

sp00fman is offline Find More Posts by sp00fman
Old Sep 12, 2010, 09:09 PM
Joined Apr 2009
90 Posts
this is what i received from paypal;;

Dear xxxxxxxxxxx, We are currently investigating your complaint: Complaint Details----------------------------------- Seller's Name: 蔡 超军Seller's Email: planemodel88@hotmail.comSeller's Transaction ID: 3PD77300Dxxx3273S Transaction Date: 21 Aug 2010Transaction Amount: -$70.58 AUDYour Transaction ID: 45124321Exxx01900Case Number: PP-001-jjj-141-244 ----------------------------------- To continue with the investigation of your complaint, we must requestdocumentation to support your claim that the item is not authentic. Pleaseobtain a document from an unbiased, third-party, such as a dealer,appraiser, or an organization that is qualified in the area of the item inquestion (other than yourself), which clearly identifies the item as notauthentic. The document must specifically state how the item receiveddiffers from an authentic item and must include a detailed explanation ofhow the person evaluating the item determined that it is not authentic. Ifpossible, the document should include a serial number, and must be onletterhead that includes the name, address, and phone number of thebusiness or organization so that PayPal may contact them if necessary. The documents should be faxed to PayPal at (02) 8223-9509. Please include acover sheet with your fax that includes the email address registered onyour PayPal account and the ID number of your claim ( PP-001-vvv-141-244),so we may attach the documents to your claim as quickly as possible. We must receive your fax by September 22, 2010 in order to proceed with theinvestigation of your claim. If we do not receive your fax by September 22,2010, your claim will be canceled. We are unable to grant extensions tothis time period. Please note that PayPal is unable to reimburse you forany costs or fees that may be incurred in obtaining the requesteddocuments. Any documents you provide may also be supplied to the seller inyour dispute if necessary. Thank you for your cooperation and patience. We regret any inconveniencethis request may cause. Sincerely,MonicaProtection Services DepartmentPayPal, an eBay Company Copyright 1999-2010 PayPal, Inc. All rights reserved.PayPal Australia Pty Limited ABN 93 111 195 389 (AFSL 304962). Any generalfinancial product advice provided in this site has not taken into accountyour objectives, financial situations or needs.PayPal Email ID PP522

soooo, i have 9 days to obtain a 3rd party apprasal... g thats nice..!!

so im wondering if its there way of saying..: they make us more money than you do buddy... even if i can see a rusty nut in the photo......!!!
kneekolaas is offline Find More Posts by kneekolaas
Old Sep 12, 2010, 09:44 PM
Amherst, NY
Joined Jan 2008
310 Posts
That is insane. I supposed you could get all that from a hobby store. Just get some "letterhead" and have your buddy "Big Phil" write everything up for you nicely.

Do you think they are going to check any of this ???

I at least get my money back if I send the item back.

Also I refuse to risk putting this thing on my blade 400.
Old Sep 13, 2010, 09:19 AM
bennington, VT
Joined Mar 2008
3,175 Posts
i take it that's ebay's way of saying "too bad you got screwed but they make us money".
there's no way to get that all done in the 9 days you have left. and even if you did submit all the needed info, i'm sure they'd say something was missing in the documentation bla bla bla.
Old Sep 13, 2010, 10:06 AM
Amherst, NY
Joined Jan 2008
310 Posts
Yeah your pretty f-ed. Just have your hobby shop do the appraisal.
Old Sep 13, 2010, 01:57 PM
United States, NJ
Joined Feb 2010
384 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by istandalone View Post
i take it that's ebay's way of saying "too bad you got screwed but they make us money".
there's no way to get that all done in the 9 days you have left. and even if you did submit all the needed info, i'm sure they'd say something was missing in the documentation bla bla bla.
Why can't you do it in 9 days?? Go into the LHS and ask them to write something real short saying it's fake. You can even give them $10 or whatever to make it worth their while; but a good LHS will do it for free. Do you really think PP will call the LHS and investigate?
SYMAWD is offline Find More Posts by SYMAWD
Old Sep 13, 2010, 02:50 PM
Axes & Blades-Cutlery & Helis
West Monroe NY
Joined Feb 2009
3,365 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kneekolaas View Post
this is what i received from paypal;;

Dear xxxxxxxxxxx, We are currently investigating your complaint: Complaint Details----------------------------------- Seller's Name: 蔡 超军Seller's Email: planemodel88@hotmail.comSeller's Transaction ID: 3PD77300Dxxx3273S Transaction Date: 21 Aug 2010Transaction Amount: -$70.58 AUDYour Transaction ID: 45124321Exxx01900Case Number: PP-001-jjj-141-244 ----------------------------------- To continue with the investigation of your complaint, we must requestdocumentation to support your claim that the item is not authentic. Pleaseobtain a document from an unbiased, third-party, such as a dealer,appraiser, or an organization that is qualified in the area of the item inquestion (other than yourself), which clearly identifies the item as notauthentic. The document must specifically state how the item receiveddiffers from an authentic item and must include a detailed explanation ofhow the person evaluating the item determined that it is not authentic. Ifpossible, the document should include a serial number, and must be onletterhead that includes the name, address, and phone number of thebusiness or organization so that PayPal may contact them if necessary. The documents should be faxed to PayPal at (02) 8223-9509. Please include acover sheet with your fax that includes the email address registered onyour PayPal account and the ID number of your claim ( PP-001-vvv-141-244),so we may attach the documents to your claim as quickly as possible. We must receive your fax by September 22, 2010 in order to proceed with theinvestigation of your claim. If we do not receive your fax by September 22,2010, your claim will be canceled. We are unable to grant extensions tothis time period. Please note that PayPal is unable to reimburse you forany costs or fees that may be incurred in obtaining the requesteddocuments. Any documents you provide may also be supplied to the seller inyour dispute if necessary. Thank you for your cooperation and patience. We regret any inconveniencethis request may cause. Sincerely,MonicaProtection Services DepartmentPayPal, an eBay Company Copyright 1999-2010 PayPal, Inc. All rights reserved.PayPal Australia Pty Limited ABN 93 111 195 389 (AFSL 304962). Any generalfinancial product advice provided in this site has not taken into accountyour objectives, financial situations or needs.PayPal Email ID PP522

soooo, i have 9 days to obtain a 3rd party apprasal... g thats nice..!!

so im wondering if its there way of saying..: they make us more money than you do buddy... even if i can see a rusty nut in the photo......!!!
you should quote the Futaba webbsite, the links are earliar in this thread.
ewoodcox is offline Find More Posts by ewoodcox
Old Sep 14, 2010, 05:11 PM
Amherst, NY
Joined Jan 2008
310 Posts
Dear de,

Thank you for contacting eBay in regard to the Futaba GY401 Gyro w/SMM
Technology GY 401 Helicopter RC (item #300420353631) that you recently
purchased. After reviewing your email, I understand that you are not
willing to pay for the return shipping cost and you are having a problem
with the seller's address. I know how frustrating it is when an item
arrives fake. I understand why you would be frustrated in having to pay
to ship the item back to the seller when it was not what you ordered in
the first place. I am here to make sure this case is resolved.

Here is the seller's return address:

Hyper-Jun CAI
Longgang District Sakata Wuhe industrial zone b, and the Hom A2 Bldg 3F
Guangdong, Shenzhen, Guangdong Province, 518129
CN

It would certainly be great customer service for the seller to cover the
cost of return shipping, and it is something we encourage, but
unfortunately, it is not something we are able to enforce under our
current policies. If the seller is unwilling to issue you a shipping
label or cover the cost of return shipping, we will still require that
you return the item. I hope you can understand that in order for us to
hold the seller accountable and issue a refund on their behalf, we need
to ensure that the item is back in their possession.

Please complete these steps in the next 10 days so we are able to issue
you a refund:

1. Go to the Resolution Center and get the seller's return address from
the case details page:
http://resolutioncenter.ebay.com

2. Ship the item back to the seller using shipping tracking so we can
confirm that the seller received the item. You can use the shipping
company of your choice.

3. Return to the Resolution Center and enter the tracking number from
the package.

4. After you enter the tracking information, you'll see another page
where you'll be asked to confirm that the tracking information is
correct. Be sure to click the "Submit" button--otherwise we won't
receive your information. You must enter the tracking information in
order to receive a refund.

Once we have confirmation that the item has been delivered, we'll refund
you for the cost of the item plus original shipping within 3 days (as
long as the seller hasn't issued you a refund).

I?m glad I was able to inform you with the next actions that you need to
take. Thank you for your understanding and willingness to work with us.

Sincerely,

Johanna A.
eBay Customer

Original Message Follows:
------------------------
I cannot send the item back to the seller. The address is in Chinese
characters. This is a scam and you have not shut down this scammer.
Please can you help me. They also will not send me the address when I
ask them. This is fraud!!!

-Me