HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 11, 2010, 05:13 AM
Joined Sep 2008
7 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by reinforce View Post
File is opened in the resolution center at paypal. Up-To-Date, the seller hasn't seemed to respond to my claim
I have some 14 more days to go before paypal closes the dispute. What is best to do ??
Until now the seller did not even care to respond to my claim!
However, as advised by paypal, I terminated the dispute and escalated to a buyer's claim. Paypal has written saying I may or may not qualify to a refund on the paypal transaction.

Below is what paypal put forth :-

Step 1
Return the item to the seller, at the following address:

3F, Builing A2, Area B, Hekan Industrial Zone, No.41 Wuhe Road South, Bantian, Longgang shenzhen guangdong Province, 518129 China

Step 2
Once you have returned the item, please log in to your PayPal account and go to the Resolution Center to provide online proof of shipment. Please provide this information within 10 calendar days of the date of this email.

If we don't receive this information, your claim will be denied.

Step 3
After we confirm that the item has been shipped to the seller, we'll provide a refund based on our Buyer Protection programs.

Now, all the good guys out there; What is the best way to ship the items back to the seller to obtain a legitimate prove ?
(I am a bit naive and helpless as I haven't had this kind of case before. Just wanna be sure to do things correctly to get my money back)

Thanks in advance
Rein
reinforce is offline Find More Posts by reinforce
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 11, 2010, 10:04 AM
Canada
Joined Jul 2009
5,974 Posts
Quote:
Now, all the good guys out there; What is the best way to ship the items back to the seller to obtain a legitimate prove ?
(I am a bit naive and helpless as I haven't had this kind of case before. Just wanna be sure to do things correctly to get my money back)

Thanks in advance
Rein
Too bad you just didn't refuse the original shipment, but on to the next step. Use the cheapest possible way by postal service that will get you a tracking number and a signature at the other end. Paypal needs that tracking number as proof that the shipping was done and they can see the progress.
The beauty of refusing the original shipment is that it already had a tracking number and it remains active in the system until it gets back to the point of origin. Once you accept and sign for the shipment, that tracking number is ended.
xviper is offline Find More Posts by xviper
Old Nov 11, 2010, 12:57 PM
Fernley, NV
Joined Oct 2010
10 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xviper View Post
Too bad you just didn't refuse the original shipment, but on to the next step. Use the cheapest possible way by postal service that will get you a tracking number and a signature at the other end. Paypal needs that tracking number as proof that the shipping was done and they can see the progress.
The beauty of refusing the original shipment is that it already had a tracking number and it remains active in the system until it gets back to the point of origin. Once you accept and sign for the shipment, that tracking number is ended.
Well just as an update, I sent mine by USPS Priority Mail on11/02/10 and have now been advised that " Delivery was ATTEMPTED on 11/10/10" so Maybe something will happen now.
mongo141 is offline Find More Posts by mongo141
Old Nov 11, 2010, 03:12 PM
Amherst, NY
Joined Jan 2008
310 Posts
I think I already emailed you about this, but the seller is still liable even if delivery is unsucessful. All you have to do is write to ebay and tell them what is going on they will clear the problem up and you will get two free fake gyros. Honestly if you have some beater helis around the fake GY401's might not be too bad I think they are about equal to the elfite gyros. You could also sell them as GAZ -126's.
Darker4308 is offline Find More Posts by Darker4308
Old Nov 12, 2010, 04:11 PM
Essex, UK
Joined Dec 2003
552 Posts
Reinforce, I know you may be anxious, but trust me, as someone who's only recently gone through the process, don't sweat it!
Just send the item back as cheaply as you can, but just make sure you get a tracking number and then sit back and wait, ultimately, ebay will refund you.
Ahmed is offline Find More Posts by Ahmed
Old Nov 16, 2010, 11:03 AM
Joined Sep 2008
7 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmed View Post
Reinforce, I know you may be anxious, but trust me, as someone who's only recently gone through the process, don't sweat it!
Just send the item back as cheaply as you can, but just make sure you get a tracking number and then sit back and wait, ultimately, ebay will refund you.
Thanks everyone for feedback.
Here is latest news:
I called up UPS to get a quote for a little packet weighing not more than 200grams to china. Gosh, it would cost me EURO 150 to send the items back and eventually get about EURO 95 refund from paypal !!!!!!!!! Bad deal !!
Attempts to get better quote from other shipping agents failed as well due to high cost.
Final decision was to simply send via registered post which costs not more than EURO 10. I already faxed paypal the shipping details.
Now, let's sit and wait to see what happens.
Will post as soon as news , good or bad comes in.

rein
Old Nov 16, 2010, 01:01 PM
Amherst, NY
Joined Jan 2008
310 Posts
You don't need anything other than simple registered mail. Just make sure you hit up ebay as soon as your package bounces off the guy in china. Be angry.
Old Nov 30, 2010, 12:39 PM
Joined Sep 2008
7 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darker4308 View Post
You don't need anything other than simple registered mail. Just make sure you hit up ebay as soon as your package bounces off the guy in china. Be angry.
Smiles everyone. I am back here to share the good news:
Planemodel88 has made a full refund to my paypal account today !
The postage which i paid for the return shipment is worth the lesson I learned about ebay and its potential fraudalent sellers.

I am glad the case is now concluded in my favour. A great bunch of thanks to Darker who mailed me about the counterfeit item and also lots of thanks to all others for responses and feedbacks.

Happy buying on eBay !!
rein
Old Nov 30, 2010, 01:09 PM
Canada
Joined Jul 2009
5,974 Posts
Quote:
The postage which i paid for the return shipment is worth the lesson I learned about ebay and its potential fraudalent sellers.
Maybe so, but it still ticks me off that you had to pay extra just to get the refund you deserved. The time wasted and the aggravation you had to put up with was bad enough. Paying more is just salt in the wound.
Old Dec 21, 2010, 10:41 PM
Amherst, NY
Joined Jan 2008
310 Posts
hobbyrc-y ( 31695) Not a registered user
Positive Feedback (last 12 months): 98.7%
[How is Feedback Percentage calculated?]
Old Dec 22, 2010, 09:02 AM
Fernley, NV
Joined Oct 2010
10 Posts
Well I guess eBay is not going to refund, case was decided in my favor and they stated that a refund would made when the item was delivered to the seller. USPS has stated that the item was delivered on 20 NOV and there it sits. I even informed them that it was delivered. no reply. So much for their worthless "buyer protection"...
Old Dec 22, 2010, 09:11 AM
Canada
Joined Jul 2009
5,974 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mongo141 View Post
Well I guess eBay is not going to refund, case was decided in my favor and they stated that a refund would made when the item was delivered to the seller. USPS has stated that the item was delivered on 20 NOV and there it sits. I even informed them that it was delivered. no reply. So much for their worthless "buyer protection"...
If you paid via Paypal, is it linked to your credit card? If so, contact the credit card company and see if they will reverse the charges.
For me (Canada), it was Paypal that the claim was made with and it was Paypal who finally credited my VISA. Even though the vendor kept saying he hadn't received it, the fact that tracking said he did, was enough for the final refund.
Old Dec 22, 2010, 12:01 PM
Amherst, NY
Joined Jan 2008
310 Posts
It doesn't matter if the item is delivered. It just matters that the item pinged off the guy a few times. The buyer protection should kick in. Contact ebay.

Also I am fairly certain that the money for any given refund is locked until such time as the dispute is concluded.
Old Dec 22, 2010, 04:57 PM
Fernley, NV
Joined Oct 2010
10 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darker4308 View Post
It doesn't matter if the item is delivered. It just matters that the item pinged off the guy a few times. The buyer protection should kick in. Contact ebay.

Also I am fairly certain that the money for any given refund is locked until such time as the dispute is concluded.

Anymore I have no idea how to "contact" eBay, The only thing I can find is the "live chat" who seemed to gaff me off the last time I tried it. Do you have have any ideas? I make very few phone calls since my phone service through "Charter" costs me 10 Cents a min and after "holding for $10.00 worth with eBay I gave up This whole thing has been far more trouble and expense than its worth. The bottom line is eBay doesn't WANT to talk to you about anything, they just want the money, But they won't get anymore of mine!
Old Dec 24, 2010, 01:23 AM
Amherst, NY
Joined Jan 2008
310 Posts
I would not bother with the phone at all. I am assuming you used the dispute system correct ? If you used the dispute system you should be able to contact an ebay rep thru the dispute system. That was how my affair got resolved and I can assure you they never got my item back.

As for ebay ... you get what you pay for and buyer protection is legit it is just a pain in @$$. I have more issues selling on ebay than buying these days with jerks not understanding the words "as is".