HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 21, 2010, 01:40 PM
S107s are a gateway drug...
Pacific Northwest
Joined Oct 2010
31 Posts
Same seller different name?

I ordered a generic USB adaptor for my DX7 so I could use with HeliSim yesterday. After looking at the gyro auction you posted, I think I probably bought it from the same company using a different account name. Now I'm a little worried about what I'm actually going to get...

Here's what I bought:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

I guess I should be happy I'm only out $5 if it's garbage.
enderwiggin is offline Find More Posts by enderwiggin
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 21, 2010, 01:47 PM
Canada
Joined Jul 2009
6,682 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by enderwiggin View Post
I ordered a generic USB adaptor for my DX7 so I could use with HeliSim yesterday. After looking at the gyro auction you posted, I think I probably bought it from the same company using a different account name. Now I'm a little worried about what I'm actually going to get...

Here's what I bought:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

I guess I should be happy I'm only out $5 if it's garbage.
Just curious if the money went to the same Paypal hotmail account as for hobbyrc-y:
planemodel88@hotmail.com

Hobbyrc-y originates from Shenzhen, Republic of China not Hong Kong.
xviper is offline Find More Posts by xviper
Old Oct 21, 2010, 01:51 PM
S107s are a gateway drug...
Pacific Northwest
Joined Oct 2010
31 Posts
Here's where the payment went, but look at the Gmail account name compared to the watermark logo on the gyro pictures:

You sent a payment of $4.95 USD to seemmy999 (seemmy989@gmail.com)

It must be a Hong Kong branch of the same company.
enderwiggin is offline Find More Posts by enderwiggin
Old Oct 21, 2010, 02:45 PM
Amherst, NY
Joined Jan 2008
310 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nappers View Post
I was one of those that got an email from you Darker4308. I had originally purchased the gyro for my HBV2, but then ended up purchasing a Mini Titan and never installed the gyro. I sure am glad I didn't use it, but am pissed about the whole scam. I opened up my gyro this morning to see an oxidized nut sitting there staring me in the eye! I reported the fraud to ebay, but I am beyond my 45 days, so I am screwed. I will eat the $60, and will never buy from China again! Also, my fault I didn't try it out, but I had no need to spend the time trying to do so. We definitely need to get this scam shutdown.
Hey,

I tried to send you an email back. You may be outside the deadline for ebay. In some cases though they extend the deadline also you should be very sure of where the deadline starts ... I don't know if it is at the end of the auction. Anyway just be aware that you may still have some recourse ... also if worst comes to worst hobbyrc-y may try and buy you off to shut up. It's free money.
Darker4308 is offline Find More Posts by Darker4308
Last edited by Darker4308; Oct 21, 2010 at 02:52 PM.
Old Oct 21, 2010, 02:58 PM
Canada
Joined Jul 2009
6,682 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darker4308 View Post
Hey,

I tried to send you an email back. You may be outside the deadline for ebay. In some cases though they extend the deadline also you should be very sure of where the deadline starts ... I don't know if it is at the end of the auction. Anyway just be aware that you may still have some recourse ... also if worst comes to worst hobbyrc-y may try and buy you off to shut up. It's free money.
He offered me $25.00 (it's been a while, so this amount is the best of my recollection) to take the item and shut up. I refused. Tells you a bit about how much this POS is really worth.
xviper is offline Find More Posts by xviper
Old Oct 21, 2010, 08:11 PM
Joined Sep 2008
7 Posts
thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darker4308 View Post
Hey guys good news. I've declared war. I have opened the feedback list of hobbyrc-y (http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...ositive&page=2). Anyone who gives good feedback on a fake gyro I have been sending this message.

"
Hey dude.

I just wanted to warn people. hobbyrc-y sells
fake product. If you have got a GY401 from them
you will find that instead of a SIM chip it
contains a rusty nut.

If you don't believe me please go to this forum.
Pictures are up. If you have any questions about
this feel free to contact me again.

Forum link -
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...1296848&page=7
"

I can only send out 5 emails a day from my account everyone else should join in. They were selling fake gyros as recently as yesterday. So far two responses. They seem hopping mad.

My goal is to have the account shut down along with the planemodel88 account and the new planemodel account.

Just everyone keep telling the horror story about the girl in Miami. Ebay doesn't like that story.
I received 2 of the fakes weeks ago, but haven't tested it yet.
I will wanna ship them back for a full refund.
Thanks Darker for including me in his mailing list, otherwise, i would not have
realized i paid for "rusty nut".

reinforce
reinforce is offline Find More Posts by reinforce
Old Oct 22, 2010, 03:16 PM
Essex, UK
Joined Dec 2003
579 Posts
will all these electronic payment reversals, I wonder if the Chinese have any way to circumvent the process by closing down their paypal account or whatever?
If we could get them to haemorrhage money I'd consider it job done!
Ahmed is offline Find More Posts by Ahmed
Old Oct 22, 2010, 09:42 PM
Amherst, NY
Joined Jan 2008
310 Posts
The thing is as soon as you dispute an item paypal freezes that amount of money in the paypal account. It would be very counter-productive for them to close shop in all honesty given that they seem to sell quite a few other goods. In all honesty apart from this scam they seem to do fairly good work at selling cheap Chinese goods to Americans. Most of the stuff they sell is fairly priced. Also, if this account gets shut down the guy has two other accounts also going ... I doubt very much if I can get hobbyrc-y shut down I just hope that I can at least bleed them a little.

At this point also ... I can only send 5 emails a day... if some other people would like to join the crusade and email people ... it would be nice to have some help.
Old Oct 23, 2010, 09:12 PM
United States, WA, Puyallup
Joined Aug 2006
2,214 Posts
just installed a dutrum GY48V and the setup was a breeze,infact you could say its almost a "plugNplay" havent flown it yet but everything looks to be in order $12.75 EXIHELI FREE SHIPPING
lectroglide is offline Find More Posts by lectroglide
Old Oct 23, 2010, 11:36 PM
Wendell, NC
Joined Jun 2010
1,217 Posts
Detrum was good, not the best, but def. worth the 12.75. They don't like vibration at all though, so make sure you got GOOD mounting tape (I didn't like the stuff that comes with it) and I'd put atleast 2 pads down. Also make sure your heli is vibe free.
lazor 22 is offline Find More Posts by lazor 22
Old Oct 27, 2010, 10:20 PM
USA, California
Joined Oct 2010
84 Posts
I may get my refund...

Back in post #201 I reported how I fell victim to the counterfeit GY401 scam.
I disputed the item with eBay, and I returned the item at my cost ($12).

Yesterday I received notification from the seller that he received the item, and will refund the ($58) cost. I'm awaiting the refund in Paypal, but at least he's acknowledged (throughbeBay dispute) receipt of the returned item.

I will be happy to get away with "only" a $12 loss.
Thanks for the good advise on here on disputing the item through eBay/Paypal.

B

Edit/update: I received my refund for the item in Paypal. Since it cost me $12 to ship it back, I left neg. feedback. I hope it doesn't come back to haunt me. 1st time I've had to do that.
BillG1 is offline Find More Posts by BillG1
Last edited by BillG1; Oct 30, 2010 at 01:29 AM. Reason: Update.
Old Oct 27, 2010, 10:40 PM
Amherst, NY
Joined Jan 2008
310 Posts
I'm always glad when someone manages to get their money back from these jerks. FYI they never accepted my return even though I went thru the proper whole procedure. I still got my money back. Now said gyro is on its way to become part of a presentation on counterfeiting in WA.

Just so everyone knows this is one the risks of being a seller on ebay. If the buyer wants to scam they can go ahead and do it. Anyone for example who wanted to simply steal from hobbyrc-y could just fill up a shopping cart with stuff, decide they are "unsatisfied" with the product, and then mail back a postcard via registered mail to China. Ebay would side with the buyer and they wouldn't even have to get the items back form the original buyer to get f-ed. It is scary.
Old Oct 28, 2010, 06:16 AM
Wendell, NC
Joined Jun 2010
1,217 Posts
That's why my big dollar stuff gets sold on here or HF. I only sell a little amount of stuff on ebay.
lazor 22 is offline Find More Posts by lazor 22
Old Oct 28, 2010, 07:11 AM
Fernley, NV
Joined Oct 2010
10 Posts
fake GY401

Quote:
Originally Posted by kneekolaas View Post
OK... this is informative...

http://heli.brixtonjunkies.com/2009/...-futaba-gy401/

This is what i bought...

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Hasnt arrived yet... but the image looks alot like the clone image ( the G an the 1 on the front)... altho, the seller just asured me in an email that they are "genuine Futaba"...

We shall see soon when it arrives... Wonder if ebay or paypal will refund my money since he says they are genuine...???
The thing from hobbyrc-y as sold on ebay is a complete fake there is NO SIMM sensor chip installed the thing is basically just a cheap rate rate gyro that doesn't work very well
mongo141 is offline Find More Posts by mongo141
Old Oct 28, 2010, 08:32 AM
USA, California
Joined Oct 2010
84 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazor 22 View Post
That's why my big dollar stuff gets sold on here or HF. I only sell a little amount of stuff on ebay.
EBay isn't all bad. I failed to follow the #1 rule: "if it sounds too good to be true..." (greed can get the best of any of us). Be cautious and most times it's ok. This is the 1st dispute I've had in over 130 transaction.

This week I purchased a NIB Futaba GY520 for $118 from a legitimate seller in the US. Try getting that price at the LHS! So there are good deals out there... Just need to be a little cautious. This hasn't deterred me.

B
BillG1 is offline Find More Posts by BillG1