HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Oct 17, 2010, 05:58 PM
Registered User
Canada
Joined Jul 2009
6,553 Posts
It's not ebay that will give you your refund. Ebay will accept your complaint but will do nothing but notify the seller to deal with you. You have to initiate a dispute with Paypal, then a claim with Paypal. It's Paypal that will rule on this. They'll either grant a refund or deny you and rule in favor of the seller.
xviper is online now Find More Posts by xviper
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 17, 2010, 06:15 PM
Registered User
Darker4308's Avatar
Amherst, NY
Joined Jan 2008
310 Posts
I don't know about that. Ebay made me talk to the seller for 10 days. Then they did all the stuff with the ruling. I tried to file a claim thru paypal and paypal just bounced the claim to ebay. I won't deny i got the money "back" in my paypal account....but the whole process went thru ebay.
Darker4308 is offline Find More Posts by Darker4308
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2010, 06:30 PM
Registered User
Canada
Joined Jul 2009
6,553 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darker4308 View Post
I don't know about that. Ebay made me talk to the seller for 10 days. Then they did all the stuff with the ruling. I tried to file a claim thru paypal and paypal just bounced the claim to ebay. I won't deny i got the money "back" in my paypal account....but the whole process went thru ebay.
Ebay Canada will do nothing but get you and the seller to communicate and resolve it yourselves. So far, this seller has not responded to my case officially within the ebay resolution center.
The following is Ebay's statement to me regarding my case:
You can view the latest details of your case and take any required actions by accessing your PayPal account.
xviper is online now Find More Posts by xviper
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2010, 07:18 PM
Registered User
Darker4308's Avatar
Amherst, NY
Joined Jan 2008
310 Posts
Yeah sorry for putting words in your mouth, I just know Ebay US is pretty good about extracting money from people.

From now on anything I say is just Ebay USA, and not Ebay UK or Ebay American's hat.
Darker4308 is offline Find More Posts by Darker4308
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2010, 03:05 PM
Registered User
Essex, UK
Joined Dec 2003
579 Posts
Out of the blue this arrived today:

Dear genericvalue,
We issued you a refund of 40.47 to your PayPal account.


If you still have questions or concerns, please contact eBay Customer Support. Please remember you can view the details of this case in the Resolution Centre.

Futaba GY401 Gyro w/SMM Technology GY 401 Helicopter RC
Futaba GY401 Gyro w/SMM Technology GY 401 Helicopter RC
Item # : 280513422430
Sale price: EUR 48.58
Quantity: 1
Sale date: 05-Sep-10 07:35:25 BST
Seller: hobbyrc-y
Case # : 5004137229
Case Opened: 18-Sep-10 12:20:15 BST
Case Closed: 18-Oct-10 11:07:49 BST
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Happy to have got my refund, but furious with the whole claims procedure and poor accountability...

and basically, this seller in my opinion has got off with NO caution or warning about what to him maybe a harmless/honest business enterprise, but can seriously injure/maim some unsuspecting soul.

I "originate" if you will, from a third world country, as the astute among you will have worked out from my name, and in that country they have two grades of chinese imports: one really good quality known as "export quality" and the other is the down right dangerous merchandise to suit the pocket of the average third world "poor" person.
The point I'm trying to make is: a seller will try to sell you crap if you let them, but through education (read economic sanctions) they soon understand what they can sell to the developed world and what they can sell to a hand to mouth peasant..
The sooner they are made to understand that dangerous knock-offs are never acceptable the better.

Hope I didn't over cook things in my over analysis!

One of the most frustrating things was the lack of direct contact with Ebay customer support, no progress or update system to let you know what's happening.
Even though the tracking by Royal Mail showed the item had been delivered in China last week, I had no acknowledgement from either the seller nor Ebay to say anyone was monitoring the situation and what the next steps would be.

The whole thing was made all the more infuriating by the TOTAL absence of any buttons or links to query the dispute or to interrogate the process.
Ahmed is offline Find More Posts by Ahmed
Last edited by Ahmed; Oct 18, 2010 at 03:19 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2010, 03:59 PM
Registered User
lazor 22's Avatar
Wendell, NC
Joined Jun 2010
1,217 Posts
Funny becuase I got a e-mail yesterday reminding me about e-bay's buyer protection. I don't know why as I have never used it or needed to use it. I don't buy much of ebay ethier.
lazor 22 is offline Find More Posts by lazor 22
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2010, 05:00 PM
Registered User
Darker4308's Avatar
Amherst, NY
Joined Jan 2008
310 Posts
I was furious when I got that email.
Darker4308 is offline Find More Posts by Darker4308
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2010, 05:48 PM
Registered User
Canada
Joined Jul 2009
6,553 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmed View Post
Out of the blue this arrived today:

Dear genericvalue,
We issued you a refund of 40.47 to your PayPal account.


If you still have questions or concerns, please contact eBay Customer Support. Please remember you can view the details of this case in the Resolution Centre.

Futaba GY401 Gyro w/SMM Technology GY 401 Helicopter RC
Futaba GY401 Gyro w/SMM Technology GY 401 Helicopter RC
Item # : 280513422430
Sale price: EUR 48.58
Quantity: 1
Sale date: 05-Sep-10 07:35:25 BST
Seller: hobbyrc-y
Case # : 5004137229
Case Opened: 18-Sep-10 12:20:15 BST
Case Closed: 18-Oct-10 11:07:49 BST
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Happy to have got my refund, but furious with the whole claims procedure and poor accountability...

and basically, this seller in my opinion has got off with NO caution or warning about what to him maybe a harmless/honest business enterprise, but can seriously injure/maim some unsuspecting soul.

I "originate" if you will, from a third world country, as the astute among you will have worked out from my name, and in that country they have two grades of chinese imports: one really good quality known as "export quality" and the other is the down right dangerous merchandise to suit the pocket of the average third world "poor" person.
The point I'm trying to make is: a seller will try to sell you crap if you let them, but through education (read economic sanctions) they soon understand what they can sell to the developed world and what they can sell to a hand to mouth peasant..
The sooner they are made to understand that dangerous knock-offs are never acceptable the better.

Hope I didn't over cook things in my over analysis!

One of the most frustrating things was the lack of direct contact with Ebay customer support, no progress or update system to let you know what's happening.
Even though the tracking by Royal Mail showed the item had been delivered in China last week, I had no acknowledgement from either the seller nor Ebay to say anyone was monitoring the situation and what the next steps would be.

The whole thing was made all the more infuriating by the TOTAL absence of any buttons or links to query the dispute or to interrogate the process.
Does this refund represent the total amount you paid? Don't know the conversion rate.
I just escalated my case to a "claim". Paypal then sends me an email stating they can take 30 days or longer but if they ask me any questions, I MUST reply immediately. This is starting to get really theatrical. I'm also told by Paypal that I may have to provide expert proof that the product was a counterfeit, on the expert's company letterhead. Yeah, sure, like that's going to happen.
Tracking indicates that the seller has had the item returned to him for over a 1.5 MONTHS, yet still says he doesn't have it.

I trust all of you have will leave him a scathing feedback once you've collected your money. I may not wait so long. Getting my money back has become secondary now.
xviper is online now Find More Posts by xviper
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2010, 05:08 PM
Registered User
Darker4308's Avatar
Amherst, NY
Joined Jan 2008
310 Posts
hey guys --- what does this look like ????

http://cgi.ebay.com/Gyro-Trex-T-rex-...item45f24dc1a7
Darker4308 is offline Find More Posts by Darker4308
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2010, 08:35 PM
Registered User
lazor 22's Avatar
Wendell, NC
Joined Jun 2010
1,217 Posts
The title and picture say GY401 but in the description it says it's a GAZ-126 gyro? But umm, free shipping and $15 (that wouldn't even cover shipping in the first place would it?) and they want you to put it on a 500! Flying death machine.
lazor 22 is offline Find More Posts by lazor 22
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2010, 08:46 PM
Registered User
Canada
Joined Jul 2009
6,553 Posts
This is the same guy who was selling the fake Futabas. I wouldn't buy anything from him ever again. It's obvious ebay didn't do much about him except give him a tongue lashing and made him change his descriptions.
xviper is online now Find More Posts by xviper
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2010, 09:55 PM
Registered User
Darker4308's Avatar
Amherst, NY
Joined Jan 2008
310 Posts
You guys are a little clueless. Look at the shape. It is the gy401 body. With a label over the top to hide stuff.
Darker4308 is offline Find More Posts by Darker4308
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2010, 09:10 AM
S.A.D. member
ivanc's Avatar
United States, TX, Round Rock
Joined Dec 2004
9,402 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darker4308 View Post
hey guys --- what does this look like ????

http://cgi.ebay.com/Gyro-Trex-T-rex-...item45f24dc1a7
It looks like you'll get "The Joyful Adventure Of Flying".
ivanc is offline Find More Posts by ivanc
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 20, 2010, 11:49 AM
Registered User
Darker4308's Avatar
Amherst, NY
Joined Jan 2008
310 Posts
Hey guys good news. I've declared war. I have opened the feedback list of hobbyrc-y (http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...ositive&page=2). Anyone who gives good feedback on a fake gyro I have been sending this message.

"
Hey dude.

I just wanted to warn people. hobbyrc-y sells
fake product. If you have got a GY401 from them
you will find that instead of a SIM chip it
contains a rusty nut.

If you don't believe me please go to this forum.
Pictures are up. If you have any questions about
this feel free to contact me again.

Forum link -
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...1296848&page=7
"

I can only send out 5 emails a day from my account everyone else should join in. They were selling fake gyros as recently as yesterday. So far two responses. They seem hopping mad.

My goal is to have the account shut down along with the planemodel88 account and the new planemodel account.

Just everyone keep telling the horror story about the girl in Miami. Ebay doesn't like that story.
Darker4308 is offline Find More Posts by Darker4308
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2010, 12:28 PM
Registered User
Escondido, CA USA
Joined Feb 2001
33 Posts
I was one of those that got an email from you Darker4308. I had originally purchased the gyro for my HBV2, but then ended up purchasing a Mini Titan and never installed the gyro. I sure am glad I didn't use it, but am pissed about the whole scam. I opened up my gyro this morning to see an oxidized nut sitting there staring me in the eye! I reported the fraud to ebay, but I am beyond my 45 days, so I am screwed. I will eat the $60, and will never buy from China again! Also, my fault I didn't try it out, but I had no need to spend the time trying to do so. We definitely need to get this scam shutdown.
nappers is offline Find More Posts by nappers
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sold Futaba GY-401 70.00 shipped decuzar Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 0 Jul 31, 2010 02:13 PM
Sold x2 Futaba GY-401 Gyros ***$90 Shipped!*** sircrashesallot Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 6 Sep 07, 2008 08:45 PM
For Sale Futaba GY-601 & GY-401 Gyros + Servos & extra servo Frisk151 Aircraft - General - Radio Equipment (FS/W) 0 Sep 05, 2008 01:36 PM
Discussion Flashing light on GY 401 gyro but GEM says all OK. afinepoint Fuel Heli Talk 2 Jun 19, 2008 01:40 PM
Help! Do the gy-191 gyros work?? PDK Mini Helis 1 Feb 07, 2007 02:27 PM