HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 06, 2010, 01:04 PM
Amherst, NY
Joined Jan 2008
310 Posts
It's really our fault for dealing with China. In all honesty. Ebay was made for people to dump used goods and for collectors - the "Buyer Protection" aspect is relatively new. I mean I recall a time when sellers could leave bad feedback about buyers. The Chinese just have really good scam going exploiting every single one of ebays rules. I mean how could ebay solve this ??? They could axe the account of hobby-rc. Current policy though prevents them from actually reaching into hobby-rc's pockets for anything other than price + original shipping. This is basic "seller protection".

We should have known that any "free shipping" from china offer was a load of s***. I mean honestly .... let's say hobby-rc charges shipping they would actually make more money per gyro sold because ebay fees don't come out of shipping costs. The reason they don't charge shipping is first, that it makes the price "look" competitive, and second that it makes it very hard for them to get screwed if the item gets sent back.

What we need to do is to keep petitioning ebay to remove the account. I don't think this will happen, but we can do our best and spread the word that "free shipping" and "china" do not go together
Darker4308 is offline Find More Posts by Darker4308
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 06, 2010, 01:37 PM
life is an oyster. shuck it!
bennington, VT
Joined Mar 2008
3,175 Posts
ebay could remove the acct, but after that the shyster seller would just open a new one.

i've decided that really, there's nothing we can do about this besides spread the work and be careful of what we buy from overseas.
istandalone is offline Find More Posts by istandalone
Old Oct 06, 2010, 02:45 PM
Canada
Joined Jul 2009
6,222 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darker4308 View Post
It's really our fault for dealing with China. In all honesty. Ebay was made for people to dump used goods and for collectors - the "Buyer Protection" aspect is relatively new. I mean I recall a time when sellers could leave bad feedback about buyers. The Chinese just have really good scam going exploiting every single one of ebays rules. I mean how could ebay solve this ??? They could axe the account of hobby-rc. Current policy though prevents them from actually reaching into hobby-rc's pockets for anything other than price + original shipping. This is basic "seller protection".

We should have known that any "free shipping" from china offer was a load of s***. I mean honestly .... let's say hobby-rc charges shipping they would actually make more money per gyro sold because ebay fees don't come out of shipping costs. The reason they don't charge shipping is first, that it makes the price "look" competitive, and second that it makes it very hard for them to get screwed if the item gets sent back.

What we need to do is to keep petitioning ebay to remove the account. I don't think this will happen, but we can do our best and spread the word that "free shipping" and "china" do not go together
This is the first time in over a hundred transactions that I've had a problem with a seller from China. I've also had problems with a seller from the USA. So, was it my fault for doing business with the USA? It's always "BUYER BEWARE" but don't make it sound like fault must be assigned to someone. That's just the nature of buying and selling. You can get gooned no matter where you buy.
From all the money I've saved buying in China over the exhorbitant prices some USA sellers charge, I consider having the odd problem with a purchase is just luck of the draw.
As for "free shipping", I could care less about that. My criteria is the final cost. What difference does it make if I can get something that costs $50.00 with free shipping as compared to getting that same something for $20.00 plus $30.00 shipping and handling? Now, if some clown wants to charge $5.00 for that same item and then turn around and charge $60.00 shipping and handling, guess where I'm not buying?
Possibly losing $70.00 to "hobbyrc-y" may be an annoyance after the thousands of dollars of ebay purchases, but at this point, I'm going to make as much fuss as I can with ebay, Paypal and the fraudulent seller. By the time this is over, I may or may not have my money back but I'll have extracted my pound of flesh and to me, that's worth the $70.00 just to get the word out about the whole situation.
xviper is offline Find More Posts by xviper
Old Oct 07, 2010, 04:17 PM
Essex, UK
Joined Dec 2003
561 Posts
I have bought stuff from China and it's been OK. My issue is that when I seek out cheap gear then I do so knowingly, and prepared for either being happy with the goods or disappointment.
But in this instance, I think most of us are angry that we got scammed and CHEATED and deliberately misled/out and out lied to...that's what's so hard to take.
Ahmed is offline Find More Posts by Ahmed
Old Oct 07, 2010, 10:22 PM
Canada
Joined Jul 2009
6,222 Posts
Started dispute. "hobbyrc-y" responded to say "be patient". Even though tracking indicates he's received the item back, he claims he still doesn't have it. I told him I don't care if he got it. The fact is, I refused delivery so I never got it. I have xx days to file a claim. I told him that will happen if I don't see my full refund before the Paypal deadline.

Oh, just to remind you guys, he offered me a bribe (discount) to take the product and call it a done deal.
Old Oct 07, 2010, 11:07 PM
Amherst, NY
Joined Jan 2008
310 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xviper View Post
Started dispute. "hobbyrc-y" responded to say "be patient". Even though tracking indicates he's received the item back, he claims he still doesn't have it. I told him I don't care if he got it. The fact is, I refused delivery so I never got it. I have xx days to file a claim. I told him that will happen if I don't see my full refund before the Paypal deadline.

Oh, just to remind you guys, he offered me a bribe (discount) to take the product and call it a done deal.
I would make sure to email ebay customer service as well. Make sure everything is documented.
Old Oct 08, 2010, 01:17 AM
Canada
Joined Jul 2009
6,222 Posts
Quote:
I would make sure to email ebay customer service as well. Make sure everything is documented.
Oh, I already did. They replied telling me to work it out with the seller.
Old Oct 08, 2010, 06:22 AM
Essex, UK
Joined Dec 2003
561 Posts
"They replied telling me to work it out with the seller."

- automated utter crap from ebay in view of the fact that an out and out case of fraud has been perpetrated in plain view on their site...where's the responsibility?
Where does the buck stop or does it just keep rolling in from China? It should stop at ebay/paypal as they are the media allowing/sanctioning these transactions and are in my book equally complicit with all the indifference they show you and I...

Sorry rant over! Hope all you North Americans (does this capture you guys in Canada too?) appreciate how hard I struggled to get the buck thing in..!
Old Oct 08, 2010, 11:49 AM
Amherst, NY
Joined Jan 2008
310 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xviper View Post
Oh, I already did. They replied telling me to work it out with the seller.
Keep emailing them. It's like local government if you keep going to the meetings where they have to let you talk they will eventually do something just to get rid of you. Also threaten to close your ebay account and mention the safety issue.
Old Oct 09, 2010, 03:58 PM
Amherst, NY
Joined Jan 2008
310 Posts
Can you guys post any fake gyros being offered by hobbyrc-y in this thread.
Old Oct 09, 2010, 06:23 PM
life is an oyster. shuck it!
bennington, VT
Joined Mar 2008
3,175 Posts
off topic but i got my gy401 in today (yes a genuine 401) and after messing with that hg5000 for a week, it's nice to have a gyro that i can rely on. rock steady tail, no muss no fuss.
istandalone is offline Find More Posts by istandalone
Old Oct 09, 2010, 11:56 PM
Canada
Joined Jul 2009
6,222 Posts
Quote:
Can you guys post any fake gyros being offered by hobbyrc-y in this thread.
This has already been done. Go take a look at page 2 and 3 of this thread. There are several posts showing pictures of the fake gyro.
Old Oct 09, 2010, 11:57 PM
Canada
Joined Jul 2009
6,222 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by istandalone View Post
off topic but i got my gy401 in today (yes a genuine 401) and after messing with that hg5000 for a week, it's nice to have a gyro that i can rely on. rock steady tail, no muss no fuss.
Where did you buy it from and how much was it?
Old Oct 10, 2010, 01:03 AM
Amherst, NY
Joined Jan 2008
310 Posts
I mean the ebay links. Not the pictures.

I posted the pictures
Old Oct 10, 2010, 04:14 AM
Essex, UK
Joined Dec 2003
561 Posts
I think the dude has got wise to the number of eBay fee reversals and his strategy is to market them with a different name...but having said that in trying to get you a revised link I found another CURRENT out and out fake:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Futaba-GY401-G...item1e5e037999

just off to "Report this Item" out of interest to see what happens