SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 02, 2010, 04:14 AM
Amherst, NY
Joined Jan 2008
310 Posts
It is a sound theory apart from the fact that the guy doesn't seem to accept mail at the given address.

I'm more suggesting that you should be your own "bridezilla". Send everything back. That you can.
Darker4308 is offline Find More Posts by Darker4308
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 02, 2010, 12:30 PM
Essex, UK
Joined Dec 2003
579 Posts
Well I have at last hit some Ebay timeline that allows me to escalate and ebay wrote:

"Thank you for contacting eBay Customer Support. This is regarding the
case on your Resolution Center about the Helicopter, item # 280513422430
that is not as described.

We would like to inform you that eBay Customer Support has made a final
decision about your case and we have found in your favour.

We will issue you with a full refund once the item has been successfully
delivered back to the seller via recorded delivery. You can access the
Seller?s return address, and upload your tracking number in the
Resolutions Centre in My eBay, however we would ask that you do this
within 10 calendar days.

In addition to this decision, we?d like to offer you a credit of 5 GBP
to your PayPal account, to help towards the cost of returning the item
to the Seller or to put towards a future purchase on eBay.co.uk.

This 5 credit has been transferred to your PayPal account balance and
will appear within 3-5 working days. "

Interestingly, simultaneously they asked me to do a survey on their customer service ....not a good move. So amongst my rantings I managed to write:
"Because ebay is handling the whole thing through an automated process that has fixed timelines and I have no input or communication with a real person to whom I can explain and validate my claim quickly with.

Why should I, who have paid quickly and have added to the good name of the ebay presence, have to suffer this whole impersonal system and finally suffer the insult of being tasked to return an obviously fake artifact back to sender where it has been demonstrated the seller will refuse to accept the item and I will also be expected to bear some of the cost of the return.

Meanwhile, the seller gets their potentially lethal device back to sell on to some other unsuspecting victim.

Contraband material should be returned to a dedicated department within Ebay or at the very least to UK Trading Standards.
Ebay is a JOKE and the Chinese are laughing all the way to the HSBC. "

Well now I guess I need to post SOMETHING back to "friend" in China.....nudge, nudge, wink, wink!
Ahmed is offline Find More Posts by Ahmed
Old Oct 02, 2010, 12:38 PM
Essex, UK
Joined Dec 2003
579 Posts
Just realised, Ebay in their cut and paste automated world have given me a return address in Chinese - do I print this out and hope it clears UK postal service based on the country location of "China"?
Old Oct 02, 2010, 04:47 PM
Amherst, NY
Joined Jan 2008
310 Posts
Hey Ahmed,

They do that for a reason. It discourages you from attempting to return the item. Just send an email to the address that gave you the credit and say you can't read the address. They will send you an email back before the 10 days is up. IN ENGLISH.

I mean do you really think that your post office is going to be able to read Chinese characters???
Old Oct 02, 2010, 05:09 PM
Essex, UK
Joined Dec 2003
579 Posts
This whole thing is really making me mad. I'm more furious with Ebay than the seller: how can I respond or get in touch with ebay directly regarding this case?
I can't even "reply" to the internal ebay message telling me they have "found in my favour"...and after the last time, after ten minutes of waiting on hold just to ring through to a disinterested and "script only capable" ebay rep in Manilla, I really don't want to try their telephone customer service again!

You are right, the only words the British Postal worker is likely to understand is the English word "China" on the packet!! But what of all the other countries it will pass through on its long journey? There may be some ignorant fool who will junk it.
Old Oct 02, 2010, 05:57 PM
Amherst, NY
Joined Jan 2008
310 Posts
You should be able to reply to the the email where they filed in your favor. You can also ask the seller directly for an english address. If "sena" or whatever his name is doesn't give you a valid address you can't ship the item back. They personally gave me a valid address. Then I complained to ebay and they gave me another address. Just make sure that the address you get goes thru ebay in some way. Just write a post in the "talking to the seller" thing.

Also you have to return ship registered mail. Don't forget to do this or lose your receipt on the way home.
Old Oct 03, 2010, 02:55 AM
Denver, CO
Joined Dec 2005
6,453 Posts
I only use a credit card on Paypal. So I can also protest through the credit card company.
Roto Rob is offline Find More Posts by Roto Rob
Old Oct 04, 2010, 06:31 AM
Essex, UK
Joined Dec 2003
579 Posts
The credit card route is something I can try after plan A, B and C fail!

Where am I in this epic? Ebay have requested me to post the offending item back, so one of their large volume revenue makers can get off lightly..

I look at the address furnished to me through ebay's resolution centre no less, but the address is all in Chinese, but, I think to myself, we can still do this, so I can print it off anyway.

The final destination, China, is written in English so it should be OK, I tell myself...so off I trot along to the Post Office, where they tell me the address MUST be in English for an International signed for item with tracking...

Now, I have two options: go to a local Chinese restaurant and ask for a translation/ and or ask for an address from one of you guys that dealt with "hobbyrc-y" too as I have NO access to the seller at all through ebay, and has anyone noticed this guy is now re-listing gyros with a different name and description, but he cannot be contacted directly : there are no links to "ask a question" etc?!!
They have adapted and changed their game strategy to keep one step ahead!
Can anyone give me an address please so I can carry on with the saga? Many thanks guys!
Last edited by Ahmed; Oct 04, 2010 at 06:37 AM.
Old Oct 04, 2010, 12:15 PM
Amherst, NY
Joined Jan 2008
310 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmed View Post
The credit card route is something I can try after plan A, B and C fail!

Where am I in this epic? Ebay have requested me to post the offending item back, so one of their large volume revenue makers can get off lightly..

I look at the address furnished to me through ebay's resolution centre no less, but the address is all in Chinese, but, I think to myself, we can still do this, so I can print it off anyway.

The final destination, China, is written in English so it should be OK, I tell myself...so off I trot along to the Post Office, where they tell me the address MUST be in English for an International signed for item with tracking...

Now, I have two options: go to a local Chinese restaurant and ask for a translation/ and or ask for an address from one of you guys that dealt with "hobbyrc-y" too as I have NO access to the seller at all through ebay, and has anyone noticed this guy is now re-listing gyros with a different name and description, but he cannot be contacted directly : there are no links to "ask a question" etc?!!
They have adapted and changed their game strategy to keep one step ahead!
Can anyone give me an address please so I can carry on with the saga? Many thanks guys!

I don't know that you want an address from me. If you send the item to the wrong address they can get you. Just email the seller. They have to give you an address in English. You have 10 days from the date of the decision by ebay to get this accomplished. I wouldn't bother with the credit card route.
Old Oct 04, 2010, 10:43 PM
Wendell, NC
Joined Jun 2010
1,218 Posts
Hehe, go to your LCR (local Chinese reasturant) and ask for a translation. The family at my LCR knows me all to well, and they make some damn good chicken and broccoli too!
lazor 22 is offline Find More Posts by lazor 22
Old Oct 04, 2010, 10:46 PM
Wendell, NC
Joined Jun 2010
1,218 Posts
Another option, download a Chinese symbol pack for your computer and search through hundreds of characters to find the matching one for google translator. Just make sure they match completley.....
lazor 22 is offline Find More Posts by lazor 22
Old Oct 06, 2010, 01:10 AM
Essex, UK
Joined Dec 2003
579 Posts
Still waiting for Ebay customer services to give me an address, it seems strange that there are easy ways to directly contact a UK based ebay rep and all the email options seem to take you round and round in circles asking repetitive automated questions about the ebay resolution centre and what you want to do without actually letting you do anything!
Anyway, after three days of trying, I managed to open a window that allowed me to directly ask ebay to give me a return address, so second full working day...meanwhile the clock ticks on for me to get them a tracking number so I managed to find an email address in my "trash" folder when the seller tried to buy me off with a partial refund.
He has given this reply, complete with incorrect characters:
"hi friend
our adress is:

ATTN:xiao si qing
ADD:3F?A2#?
B Area Hekan Industry Park,
No.41 South Wuhe Road,
Bantian Longgang District,
Shenzhen,
China
Tel?075529244379

so when you send it back, pls put a paper into the package:
to: planemodel888

so when we get it, we will inform you at once

thanks for your cooperation
rgds
sena

- hobbyrc-y"

So, I will post today and hope to get my money back. The whole thing, particularly the Ebay interface stinks quite frankly.
Old Oct 06, 2010, 01:30 AM
Amherst, NY
Joined Jan 2008
310 Posts
That is where I sent my stuff dude!

It just matters that you use the sent address. It doesn't matter that it arrives.
Old Oct 06, 2010, 10:18 AM
Canada
Joined Jul 2009
6,991 Posts
I'm another one of those suckers who bought the fake gyro from Hobbyrc-y (planemodel88@hotmail). Right after I paid for it, I discovered on this forum that it was a fake. I then noticed on the seller's feedback, that several others stated these are fakes.
I contacted the seller to say I knew his product was a counterfeit and I was not going to accept delivery of it and being his "friend", he told me that would be fine and to just refuse it and it would be automatically returned.
I have since discovered that according to the tracking number, the item has been returned and "final delivery" was confirmed by China Post Group on Sept. 30. Contacting the seller again, he tells me that he has not gotten it back yet.
My 45 days to initiate a dispute and claim is coming to an end and I now have no choice but to start one.
I lodged a complaint with ebay a while back to say this seller is peddling counterfeit goods. They replied saying to contact the seller and work it out. Then I got a survey, to which I gave a scathing response about ebay's ineffective contribution to all of this. Ebay is pretty much useless so far. Let's see what happens when I file a dispute and a claim. Then there's always my credit card company as a last resort.
xviper is offline Find More Posts by xviper
Old Oct 06, 2010, 01:04 PM
Essex, UK
Joined Dec 2003
579 Posts
The most annoying thing is you have VERY LIMITED backup from Ebay and they really seem to be going through the motions.
I guess I'd be the same with the amount of revenue these guys are putting Ebays' way..