HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by DqP, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Aug 23, 2010, 09:35 AM
DqP
Alert5 RC International
USA, FL, Fort Lauderdale
Joined Jul 2009
170 Posts
Discussion
Close your eyes and it's the Millennium Falcon

This past Saturday was an especially scorching hot one. With only a couple of hours bearable, I was called by my friend Pablo to come witness the maiden flight of his latest project, the SR-71 Twin EVF2.

Packing up my stuff, I ventured out with my HD cam to capture the maiden flight of this incredible plane.

I've always been a fan of the SR-71 however, from reading the groups, it didnt seem like too many people were able to get one of this smoothly off the ground and comfortably in the air. Even more so, to have this thing fly on two Electric fans and 12S batteries was probably quite a feat.

Well, my mind was complete changed when i saw this baby take off like it was weightless or hovering on ion engines. All I can say is WOW! It was so fast i thought i heard sonic boom!

Actually, the sound of those Twin EVF2's were amazing. It sounded like the Millennium Falcon cruising by. I don't know if this thing could do the Kessel run in 12 parsecs but seeing such a big mass whizzing by with such stableness tied to a pair of 1/4" gimbles was such an amazing spectacle.

Posted on the plane's thread a couple of days ago, I wanted to also add it to my Blog.

SR-71 - Twin EVF2 - RC - Maiden Flight (5 min 29 sec)
DqP is offline Find More Posts by DqP
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 23, 2010, 11:38 AM
Someone is going to get wet...
The Mitt
Joined Oct 2007
989 Posts
Nice....

I Like it! Real nice SR-71... Looks like it flies real good, really smooth. Thanks for posting the video... Mudman1959
mudman1959 is offline Find More Posts by mudman1959
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: The "Bloody Wonder"
Old Aug 23, 2010, 03:49 PM
DqP
Alert5 RC International
USA, FL, Fort Lauderdale
Joined Jul 2009
170 Posts
Thanks! Pablo just told me that it been painted and doing decal work today. should be pretty spectacular. I'll post up a new video on the next flight.
DqP is offline Find More Posts by DqP
Old Aug 23, 2010, 04:26 PM
Landin' On The Canopy BAD
Lee's Summit, MO
Joined Jan 2008
1,481 Posts
what kit is it?
F-86FLIER4LIFE is offline Find More Posts by F-86FLIER4LIFE
Old Sep 04, 2010, 10:38 AM
DqP
Alert5 RC International
USA, FL, Fort Lauderdale