SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 23, 2010, 09:08 AM
United States, MI, Hillsdale
Joined Apr 2008
631 Posts
Discussion
Toledo OH boat show

This weekend is the wooden boat show in Toledo OH- http://toledoboatshow.com/ for more information.
Not sure if any of our club members will be there, haven't heard back yet.
With some luck, I'll be around even though I don't build models of the wooden pleasure boat style.
Patric
PatricMichigan is offline Find More Posts by PatricMichigan
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 23, 2010, 02:38 PM
KC8WPF
Euclid, Ohio, United States
Joined Sep 2004
3,748 Posts
We'll be there this weekend. Since they moved downriver, we can actually run our models in the marina. They do have a bit of a marine mart inside the main building - along with indoor plumbing.
CG Bob is offline Find More Posts by CG Bob
Old Aug 24, 2010, 07:11 AM
United States, MI, Hillsdale
Joined Apr 2008
631 Posts
indoor plumbing is a definate plus!
Hope to see you there Bob
PatricMichigan is offline Find More Posts by PatricMichigan
Old Aug 29, 2010, 10:32 PM
KC8WPF
Euclid, Ohio, United States
Joined Sep 2004
3,748 Posts
Some pictures from the show, it will be the same weekend next year. A couple of guys who belong to the Maumee Valley Model Boat Club stopped by when I was running my boats. You guys were welcome to display and run boats if you want to; please contact the show organizers before next years show. For the last three years, I've filled out the shows full size boat registration form and paid that registration fee to the show for the benefits: welcome aboard picnic on the SS WILLIS BOYER; gift bag with show T-shirt, poster, dash plate and other items; access to the hospitality tent (water & food).

Distance from the pier deck to the water is about 16". There is a ramp leading from the concrete walkway down to the pier deck. The building is air conditioned and has full indoor restrooms. I was able to plug my battery charger into an outlet inside the building for a quick charge. Several of boat owners asked if I build on commission, and what would a model cost. They were upset that I don't do commission work (yet?). They didn't seem surprised when I said cost might be around $2500.

One gentleman the Detroit area asked if I would be willing to repair some display models at his yacht club. I turned him down, but told him to do a computer search for the Michigan Scale Model Boat Club and he might find some contacts.

A couple of people did mention the Antique Boat Museum in Clayton, NY. They were impressed that the 1930 Dodge Split Cockpit runabout is a replica of one in the museum.
CG Bob is offline Find More Posts by CG Bob
Last edited by CG Bob; Aug 31, 2010 at 04:46 PM.
Old Aug 30, 2010, 01:13 AM
Taking care of the pond.
USA, CA, Fresno
Joined Apr 2004
7,296 Posts
Cool pictures.
Thank you
MILLERTIME is offline Find More Posts by MILLERTIME
Old Aug 30, 2010, 05:25 AM
Veni, Vidi, Feci
Motor City
Joined Dec 2004
12,419 Posts
Thanks Bob.
Commercial opportunities are out there...wish I had the time!
patmat2350 is offline Find More Posts by patmat2350
Old Aug 30, 2010, 09:58 PM
Monterey Bay California
Joined Feb 2004
14,039 Posts
So many wonderful boats... so little time... Nice pictures!

That is an interesting trailer. The hitch looks like it has a lever shock as well?
Aerominded is offline Find More Posts by Aerominded