SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by FASTALJR, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Aug 22, 2010, 09:12 PM
Fast and getting faster!
Albany County, New York, United States
Joined Jul 2003
1,566 Posts
Discussion
Westfield International Airshow 2010

Was a great show, Rob Holland, Mike Goulian, f-16 Viper West, uh-34 restoration, The Only 2 Seat f-100 Super Saber Flying today, and the thunderbirds. I was sad because Greg Poe was supposed to fly, but had a engine problem on takeoff, never got to see him fly. A great day, Traffic sucked really bad at the end of the day! LOL Anyway here comes the flood, sorry to all who wanted to see the rest of the Rhode Island pics, I had an issue with the camera cards, and I`m trying to get the pics off, so if I can get them off I`ll post whats left.
FASTALJR is offline Find More Posts by FASTALJR
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 26, 2010, 08:49 PM
Miami, Florida
Joined Nov 2006
179 Posts
Thank for sharing the pictures, nice planes and sweet jets...

like the "stuff the bus" looking so awesome!!!!!
FlyNow,LandLater is offline Find More Posts by FlyNow,LandLater
Old Aug 27, 2010, 02:01 PM
Connecticut, USA
Joined Oct 2008
145 Posts
Great pics

My son was at the Westfield show with a group of CAP kids from the Bradley CAP Squadron. He's been in CAP for a year an I highly recommend it for any kids with aviation interests.
Westfield does have bad traffic after the show. We went to the last show and it took about 2 hours to get out. I often thought if you could park a few miles away and bicycle in to the show it would be a lot faster.
toddsl is offline Find More Posts by toddsl
Old Aug 27, 2010, 07:02 PM
The sky is my playground.
United States, NH
Joined May 2005
7,707 Posts
Awesome stuff. Nothing more red neck then a jet powered outhouse though.
Dora Nine is offline Find More Posts by Dora Nine
Old Sep 01, 2010, 08:14 PM
Joined Feb 2007
858 Posts
The pics make me jelous. I drove up 2 hours from NY to see the show and it rained in bucketloads on Sunday. There was almost no flying. Got there at around the shows start to see an F-15 and 16 land. That was topped off by an F-18 plopping down at the foot of the runway where the grass met the pavement. The 15 and 16 took 25% of the runway before touching down.

The A-10s did a quick few passes with the pyros and the F-15s were scrambled w the air raid sirens going off. The 2nd 15 was up in what looked like 1,000 feet. That was followed by an F-18. All 3 returned w/in 20 minutes and that was about it. I was told the T Birds were not going to fly so I packed in in in disgust.

Nothing like an open house air show....too bad the weather was no good on Sunday.
toughitaliankid is offline Find More Posts by toughitaliankid