Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
This thread is privately moderated by DustyPockets, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Aug 22, 2010, 11:18 AM
A fool in a field.
United States, IL, Mahomet
Joined Dec 2006
286 Posts
Discussion
Multiplex Xeno down-sized

I am a big fan of Multiplex, I have a couple of Funjets, a Merlin (my current favorite kick around plane) and an EasyStar. I learned to fly with the EasyStar and I still fly it today for AP, really says a lot about the durability of the planes Multiplex produces.

The Xeno is really a clever design. The wing folds for transport if desired, detachable fins and well made. But for me at least I just do not care for the way it fly's.

So I decided to shorten it up a bit, I cut out the center section and it ended up with a roughly 36" wingspan. Glued it back together and taped it up real well, I did not add a spar, seems fine without one.

Still tinkering with the CG, too tail heavy at first. I moved the battery up and added a magnetic canopy catch to add some weight in the nose.

I will tune it up some more tonight, looks like it will end up being a decent flyer.

The wing sets are around $35.00 at Advantage Hobby.
DustyPockets is offline Find More Posts by DustyPockets
to remove ads between posts