SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 29, 2003, 02:21 PM
santa clarita ca
Joined Jul 2000
893 Posts
Hangar 9 Taylorcraft

Hello,
I am in love with the Hangar 9 giant scale ARF. Has anyone done an electric conversion or can anyone please suggest an electric combination powerful enough to fly this heavy slow bird in a scale like manner?

Thanks,

Tom
new2heli is offline Find More Posts by new2heli
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 30, 2003, 09:28 AM
Navarre,Fl
Joined Dec 2001
146 Posts
Not a T'craft But H9 Cub Conversion

The H 9 Cub(100 inch Span) has been converted by a couple of people. It is in the same weight and drag class as the T'craft. Mine has 2 10XL Hackers on a Inner Demon gear system. But one motor can easily fly it. I accidently flew it on one motor when I plugged the ultra plug in on just one side, it easily flew and was very scale like. On two motors it will hover and pull 12 lb gliders up with ease(That was the original purpose). A very nice combo will be one of the new C50 Hackers when they are available and some Lipolys. You'll have lots of power and 20-30 minute flights!!

Steve
rojos is offline Find More Posts by rojos