SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 30, 2013, 12:42 PM
Don't Move I've Dropped My Nut
United States, AL, Huntsville
Joined Feb 2009
1,657 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMention View Post
I figured it shouldve been here already since people been saying they have gotten their stuff in about 4-5 days

EMS stuff to Alabama has taken 5 to 7 days....depends on the mood of Customs and the USPS employees!
bamaguy is online now Find More Posts by bamaguy
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 30, 2013, 01:03 PM
United States, GA, Atlanta
Joined Aug 2011
516 Posts
Quote:
Hey anyone ordered from Philip over at PW-RC lately? My cessna was shipped on the 22nd via EMS and I still havent gotten it yet.
I emailed him and he said its probably in custom but I figured it shouldve been here already since people been saying they have gotten their stuff in about 4-5 days
I got mine from him recently. Received it way faster and in way better condition than anything I've purchased from HobbyKing.
seojeff is online now Find More Posts by seojeff
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 30, 2013, 01:41 PM
Joined Sep 2012
322 Posts
I've dealt with him before and he is very reliable. Ordered a few spare parts from him on a friday and got them the following wednesdays, but this time is kinda strange. The tracking just shows "The item left Hong Kong for its destination on 22-Jan-2013".

And its been saying that since the 22nd
MrMention is offline Find More Posts by MrMention
Old Jan 30, 2013, 08:30 PM
Don't Move I've Dropped My Nut
United States, AL, Huntsville
Joined Feb 2009
1,657 Posts
Quote:
I've dealt with him before and he is very reliable. Ordered a few spare parts from him on a friday and got them the following wednesdays, but this time is kinda strange. The tracking just shows "The item left Hong Kong for its destination on 22-Jan-2013".

See my POST #1096......Rest assured, it's in NY....it's in the capable hands of our professionally operated USPS! The last 3 or 4 shipments I've received from China were not scanned by the USPS (or IF they were, nothing was posted in the tracking system). They just showed up at my door......our Government at work
bamaguy is online now Find More Posts by bamaguy
Old Jan 30, 2013, 09:02 PM
Dave
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Apr 2012
136 Posts
Quote:

Sounds like customs, you may receive a letter or email from
Customs asking you to declare the total of the goods purchased. Depending on the country there is a threshold, anything above the threshold tax is payable. It's annoying as most things do get through customs without a hitch (except for Europe I hear).

Good luck
Dave
AscotRC is offline Find More Posts by AscotRC
Old Feb 01, 2013, 04:55 AM
Dave
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Apr 2012
136 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieHoppy View Post
when mine was trashed I noticed a lot of the control surface hinges had next to no glue on them, same story as the wing struts. It may have been just my plane but I doubt it. Prior to maiden I had checked all struts, hinges etc etc and all seemed fine, I must have girlie hands lol because they certainly let go later. If I had another I'd prob try wicking a little CA on the hinges and such, just to be sure.

I have no idea how long this wind is going to hang around, but next weekend might be good for a maiden, looks like most of the rain will be gone but the wind may be a good question.

You could always try gyros or flight stabilization to combat the wind, I installed a simple gyro on my little 1500mm cessna to assist teaching folk to fly, particularly in a breeze, and when the gyro wasnt needed, simply unplugged/bypassed the gyro
She isnt entirely useless in the wind, just giving you the head's up.

Fly her first, get used to her, then decide if you'd like to pass her on.
If you'd like a hand to get her back in the air, let me know
Hey Aussie, didn't thank you for you offer of assistance going to try my luck tomorrow at sunrise but not looking good
http://www.bom.gov.au/australia/char...t=Refresh+View

Pray that green cloud stays the hell away! Otherwise Sunday might be a good idea but don't know if I will be able to find a quiet place without anyone around!
Old Feb 01, 2013, 07:07 AM
Dave
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Apr 2012
136 Posts
What's with the bloody storm cells that come through everytime I want to go for a maiden! 7 hours to go, no more storms please
Old Feb 01, 2013, 07:37 AM
Joined Sep 2012
322 Posts
I still havent gotten my Cessna as of yet. I wonder why it would be in customs for so long lol
MrMention is offline Find More Posts by MrMention
Old Feb 01, 2013, 01:45 PM
Dave
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Apr 2012
136 Posts
Weather is looking good, 5:45 am off to see how she goes
Old Feb 01, 2013, 05:26 PM
what goes up, must come down..
Joined May 2010
2,869 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AscotRC View Post
Hey Aussie, didn't thank you for you offer of assistance going to try my luck tomorrow at sunrise but not looking good
http://www.bom.gov.au/australia/char...t=Refresh+View

Pray that green cloud stays the hell away! Otherwise Sunday might be a good idea but don't know if I will be able to find a quiet place without anyone around!
no prob mate, sometimes moral support helps heh heh

hope it went well, hope the wind stayed at bay for you

between wind, rain, storms, floods... and work... and family... seems almost impossible to get building done, let alone flying lol
AussieHoppy is offline Find More Posts by AussieHoppy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Back street quad cruisin'
Old Feb 01, 2013, 05:44 PM
Dave
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Apr 2012
136 Posts
Quote:
no prob mate, sometimes moral support helps heh heh

hope it went well, hope the wind stayed at bay for you

between wind, rain, storms, floods... and work... and family... seems almost impossible to get building done, let alone flying lol
It appears I have girl hands as well because I pulled and pulled at the wooden brace in the wing before flight but it wouldn't budge... Anyways, took off from the run way beautiful and scale, perfect Cog only 2 clicks of up... went around and around and POP, out comes the brace and the wings started to fold, but brought her in for a smooth landing which I received a round of applause for...

Feel good but damn those wing brackets, need to epoxy it back in now
Old Feb 01, 2013, 06:13 PM
Dave
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Apr 2012
136 Posts
ply for wing

Can someone post what they did with the two pieces of ply that fit underneath the wing where the screws go?

is Epoxying one side the way to go as I don't want to have to cart around the entire thing.

Cheers,
Dave
Old Feb 02, 2013, 02:35 AM
what goes up, must come down..
Joined May 2010
2,869 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AscotRC View Post
It appears I have girl hands as well because I pulled and pulled at the wooden brace in the wing before flight but it wouldn't budge... Anyways, took off from the run way beautiful and scale, perfect Cog only 2 clicks of up... went around and around and POP, out comes the brace and the wings started to fold, but brought her in for a smooth landing which I received a round of applause for...

Feel good but damn those wing brackets, need to epoxy it back in now
yuppers, seems well glued but the test is in the flying... one flight one side seperated, next flight the other side seperated lol

someone earlier in this thread made a T piece of some sort, through the fuse, so he could still remove the wings

personally i epoxy glued the ply pieces in place, then epoxy fibreglassed the entire unit in, paranoid because I eventually flew with 2 x 5800mah batts, worried things would fail heh heh but flew very very well considering the extra weight... before her demise...
AussieHoppy is offline Find More Posts by AussieHoppy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Back street quad cruisin'
Old Feb 02, 2013, 03:00 AM
Dave
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Apr 2012
136 Posts
Quote:
yuppers, seems well glued but the test is in the flying... one flight one side seperated, next flight the other side seperated lol

someone earlier in this thread made a T piece of some sort, through the fuse, so he could still remove the wings

personally i epoxy glued the ply pieces in place, then epoxy fibreglassed the entire unit in, paranoid because I eventually flew with 2 x 5800mah batts, worried things would fail heh heh but flew very very well considering the extra weight... before her demise...
I flew her with 4000 4S today with 70a Esc and G32. I only have one 4000 and a 3300 and 3 2200's so not much on the battery front but I am just starting out

I have to say she cut through the 5km winds this morning before the G's popped the wing brace off.
Old Feb 03, 2013, 07:53 AM
Dave
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Apr 2012
136 Posts
Flight time

This Cessna is a joy for a beginner, very scale take offs and landings and flies slow and fast... Only problem is I only have 3300 and 4000 4s and today got 8 mins out of the 3300 and 12 minutes out of the 4000... I have a g32 with 70a ESC and I am pulling 40 amps... Is my flight time accurate when I am flying 1/2 - 3/4 throttle most of the time ?

Appreciate any advice

Dave