SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 10, 2011, 05:48 AM
Portugal
Joined Dec 2007
186 Posts
Pictures please

Throttlestore send me one last week... so i need some clues to put this beuty ready to fly...
xenupy is offline Find More Posts by xenupy
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 11, 2011, 01:35 AM
Landing!!
Norge, Møre og Romsdal, Kristiansund
Joined Apr 2008
233 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xenupy View Post
Pictures please

Throttlestore send me one last week... so i need some clues to put this beuty ready to fly...
Congratulations! Finally your christmas present arrives!

EDIT: Was too quick, thought it was charlatans christmas present. But hey; congratulations to both of you! Look forward too getting her airborne. =)

Just got one picture at the moment, from flying this saturday.
Excellent conditions! =)
But there are good pictures at the start of this thread, with placement of servos in the tail. I did it the same way.
And I didn't remember to measure CG from LE, sorry to the one who asked.
But I balanced her as last time, "on" the dots on top of the wing.
Dchimmi is offline Find More Posts by Dchimmi
Last edited by Dchimmi; Jan 11, 2011 at 01:37 AM. Reason: Writing before thinking
Old Jan 11, 2011, 05:47 AM
Portugal
Joined Dec 2007
186 Posts
thank you my friend,

as soon as it arrives i will post a completly review about it... for a beginer point of view.

I will mount it like you have mount it and nitrouss... With the same hardware that bungymania advice...

Im having so much trouble finding the COG of my airplanes, lack of info, inexperience i dont know, but i will buy the COG machine from Great Planes for this model exactly...

I will fly this cessna in summer, i hope by then i have enough experience to do it...

*easystar <-Im here
*vapor
*Small hobbyking Cessna 182 (the blue one)
*Medium skytrainer cessna 182 (the 55" or 1,41m wingspan) (also from throttlestore)
*The objective tiangsheng giant cessna

I have them all.. so i lack the experience only
Old Jan 12, 2011, 04:40 AM
Liverpool, UK
Joined Jun 2002
456 Posts
Woohoo, Parcel Force just knocked with a big brown box
charlatan is offline Find More Posts by charlatan
Old Jan 12, 2011, 05:25 AM
Portugal
Joined Dec 2007
186 Posts
Pictures... Take alot of pictures
Old Jan 12, 2011, 05:28 AM
Epping, Essex
Joined Nov 2002
245 Posts
I have a big brown box from throttlestore in my hallway too.
tallyho is offline Find More Posts by tallyho
Old Jan 12, 2011, 05:37 AM
Portugal
Joined Dec 2007
186 Posts
I dont have any box in my hallway!!!!!!! the site says OSLO
Old Jan 12, 2011, 06:27 AM
Landing!!
Joined Apr 2008
233 Posts
Quote:
thank you my friend,

as soon as it arrives i will post a completly review about it... for a beginer point of view.

I will mount it like you have mount it and nitrouss... With the same hardware that bungymania advice...

Im having so much trouble finding the COG of my airplanes, lack of info, inexperience i dont know, but i will buy the COG machine from Great Planes for this model exactly...

I will fly this cessna in summer, i hope by then i have enough experience to do it...

*easystar <-Im here
*vapor
*Small hobbyking Cessna 182 (the blue one)
*Medium skytrainer cessna 182 (the 55" or 1,41m wingspan) (also from throttlestore)
*The objective tiangsheng giant cessna

I have them all.. so i lack the experience only
This is more or less true: The bigger they are, the easier they are to fly!
Most important is to charge your batteries and to just go out and fly.
Don't worry about crashing, it's only a question of time anyway.

The medium cessna 185 (150cm) from throttlestore has been my breakthrough on flying. It's been so thouroghly flown and crashed, glued and modified, and are so heavy with glue, that I'm stunned that she still flies!
My experience is that after "the new" on a plane is gone, you suddenly realize it doesn't matter anyway, and just go out flying without thinking - and hey! Everything works out just fine!

Ahh, really just want to go home from work and go out to fly again, but has to wait until the weekend if I want to keep my paycheck.
Will try and remember to take more pictures!

Anyone else but me who has a colour difference on the decals btw?
On mine one sheet was white and the other was more yellowish.
Old Jan 12, 2011, 08:16 AM
Portugal
Joined Dec 2007
186 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tieto View Post
This is more or less true: The bigger they are, the easier they are to fly!
Most important is to charge your batteries and to just go out and fly.
Don't worry about crashing, it's only a question of time anyway.

The medium cessna 185 (150cm) from throttlestore has been my breakthrough on flying. It's been so thouroghly flown and crashed, glued and modified, and are so heavy with glue, that I'm stunned that she still flies!
My experience is that after "the new" on a plane is gone, you suddenly realize it doesn't matter anyway, and just go out flying without thinking - and hey! Everything works out just fine!

Ahh, really just want to go home from work and go out to fly again, but has to wait until the weekend if I want to keep my paycheck.
Will try and remember to take more pictures!

Anyone else but me who has a colour difference on the decals btw?
On mine one sheet was white and the other was more yellowish.

Heheh, everyone says that... If i will fly i will crash

No problem... Tieto, what the wind effect in this giant cessna? here in Portugal, near the ocean its always windy, sun... but wind...

this:

and this:

will be my school...
Old Jan 12, 2011, 08:38 AM
Landing!!
Joined Apr 2008
233 Posts
Quote:
Heheh, everyone says that... If i will fly i will crash

No problem... Tieto, what the wind effect in this giant cessna? here in Portugal, near the ocean its always windy, sun... but wind...
Yeah, quote from Rusell2, http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...=39861&page=4:
"There are two types of planes, those that have crashed and those that will."

Looks like a good school. The easystar is tough, so I guess you'll have a hard time wrecking it. Great advantage to have a pusher.
On the 182: Remember wheel pants and grass are a bad combo, maybe you should try without them first.

Haven't flown the big Cessna in much wind, no more than 6-7 m/s (11-12 knots) yet. But she is really predictable and steady!
Landing is my biggest problem in high winds, there's some bad turbulence around our flying field.
I have reduced throws on ailerons and elevon, only means it takes some more time and space to make a turn, but I want to get familiar with this ship before making her more agile.
Old Jan 12, 2011, 11:53 AM
Liverpool, UK
Joined Jun 2002
456 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingspan100 View Post
On EPO, I have used the foaming type glue like Gorilla Glue, or Elmer's Ultimate
glue, depending on your availability where you are. I have also used CA.
I have seen Epoxy fail on EPO.
Thanks for the reply. CA - have you been using foamsafe (odorless) or just standard CA?

Gorilla Glue here is about as widely available as rocking horse poop
Old Jan 12, 2011, 11:56 AM
Liverpool, UK
Joined Jun 2002
456 Posts
Well, had a good look at the kit, and am totally shocked by the completeness and quality of it. The quality of the foam makes multiplex stuff look like the polystrene they pack boxes with.

Comes complete with aluminium spinner, 14x7 prop, and all the hardware looks very useable.

Also liking the way the removable hatch underneath and the cowl is easily removable using magnets.

Piccies to follow.
Old Jan 12, 2011, 12:05 PM
Portugal
Joined Dec 2007
186 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tieto View Post
Yeah, quote from Rusell2, http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...=39861&page=4:
"There are two types of planes, those that have crashed and those that will."

Looks like a good school. The easystar is tough, so I guess you'll have a hard time wrecking it. Great advantage to have a pusher.
On the 182: Remember wheel pants and grass are a bad combo, maybe you should try without them first.

Haven't flown the big Cessna in much wind, no more than 6-7 m/s (11-12 knots) yet. But she is really predictable and steady!
Landing is my biggest problem in high winds, there's some bad turbulence around our flying field.
I have reduced throws on ailerons and elevon, only means it takes some more time and space to make a turn, but I want to get familiar with this ship before making her more agile.

Heheheh, the post that you refer was dated May 08, 2002, 11:05 PM... So i guess that will be one universal truth...

Thank you for the tip... i already order from hobbyking this wheels:

Light Foam Wheel (Diam: 110, Width: 30mm)
Light Foam Wheel (Diam: 90, Width: 30mm)
Sponge Wheel D80xH22 (3pcs/bag)

For my three cessnas... The small one (27 in/700mm WS), will have the 60mm diam wheels that came with the this 73" WS cessna.

Like you suggest that will be a good mod, take out the boots from the cessnas...

I will take off and land in the dirt no grass... but similar...

regarding the wind, i will try the medium cessna first, by then i will know how they react.

It is suposed that Flaps helps in landing process... I see some videos that the plane fly slowly with them, you have problems with that?

And try some kind of reflex with it. (aileron up and flaps down) to slow the plane to land? it will be possible?

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlatan View Post
Well, had a good look at the kit, and am totally shocked by the completeness and quality of it. The quality of the foam makes multiplex stuff look like the polystrene they pack boxes with.

Comes complete with aluminium spinner, 14x7 prop, and all the hardware looks very useable.

Also liking the way the removable hatch underneath and the cowl is easily removable using magnets.

Piccies to follow.
your kit from throttlestore? right?

My is still in OSLO!!!

Take pictures of the building. And give specs of the material that you will use i will do the same...
Old Jan 12, 2011, 06:02 PM
Liverpool, UK
Joined Jun 2002
456 Posts
Hmm.

Would appear they have changed the kit spec. The servo cutouts in the wings for the ailerons and flaps are now too big for 9g servo's. Not measured the cutouts in the fuselage for the elevator and rudder, and now seem to be cut for standard servo's (Futaba 3003's etc)
Old Jan 12, 2011, 06:29 PM
Portugal
Joined Dec 2007
186 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlatan View Post
Hmm.

Would appear they have changed the kit spec. The servo cutouts in the wings for the ailerons and flaps are now too big for 9g servo's. Not measured the cutouts in the fuselage for the elevator and rudder, and now seem to be cut for standard servo's (Futaba 3003's etc)
wait a minute, this is different:

and this is already made?