HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 21, 2010, 12:38 PM
Kiwi in Germany
Germany
Joined Jun 2010
2,255 Posts
Help!
Spektrum dx6i range check problem

I was doing a range check on my dx6i for the first time and when I got out of range the throttle goes to full power. Of course my plane took off. And that was the last thing I wanted. How do I stop it doing that?
whakahere is offline Find More Posts by whakahere
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 21, 2010, 12:50 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,308 Posts
That means you fail to re-bind after you properly setup you reversing on the channel including the throttle. One way to confirm this is hold on to your model and simply power off the radio. If the throttle kicks in you are sure your fail safe are not setup right.

Its always been recommended by Spektrum to bind twice. Once to start setting up the model and then a second time to ensure proper fail safe.

Simply go threw binding again making sure your throttle is at its lowest setting.

Step #6 in your manual page 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by DX6i Manual
6. After you’ve programmed your model, it’s important to rebind the system so the true low throttle and neutral control surface positions are programmed.
freechip is offline Find More Posts by freechip
Last edited by freechip; Aug 21, 2010 at 12:58 PM.
Old Aug 21, 2010, 01:03 PM
Kiwi in Germany
Germany
Joined Jun 2010
2,255 Posts
Thank you so much. You were right! I must of had some throttle on when I was binding it the first time. Okay off to madden my plane now. Cheers

I was using the quick start guide .... doesn't have do a double rebind. lol
Old Aug 21, 2010, 01:10 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,308 Posts
R U sure? Or were you just trying to cover up for your own mistake?
According to the QUICK START GUIDE its also mention to re-bind just before the steps for range check.
http://spektrumrc.com/ProdInfo/Files...StartGuide.pdf
Quote:
Originally Posted by QUICK GUIDE
8. Re-Bind the System
After you’ve set up your model, it’s important to re-bind the system so the true low throttle position is stored. If the signal is lost, the throttle servo will drive to a low throttle safe position.
Its all good either way, now you got the point and know why its important to read the instructions.
Old Aug 21, 2010, 03:15 PM
Kiwi in Germany
Germany
Joined Jun 2010
2,255 Posts
well would you look at that .. step 8! lol no I just plainly miss it. yep that was my error. I was too much in a rush. live and learn. Thanks for the pointer though!
Old Aug 21, 2010, 03:17 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,308 Posts
No problem BEEN THERE DONE THAT. I know the feeling when it comes to flying a new model. You just cant wait to get it in the air.
Old Aug 22, 2010, 07:02 PM
Suspended Account
Panorama City, CA
Joined Sep 2004
5,566 Posts
Why do you need a range check?

Just fly it in an old, inexpensive plane. If it crashes, you know how far your radio is good. That is how I check radio range. It also reveals other defects associated with new radio besides range.

Even after you had a range check, your plane could still crash due to other defects. Why not check all at the same time?
John Kim is offline Find More Posts by John Kim
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Aug 22, 2010, 10:00 PM
Sunnyvale, CA, USA
Joined Apr 2000
1,756 Posts
You are kidding - right?::

Probably the worst advice you could possible give. If you can't be helpfull - don't help!
teamdavey is online now Find More Posts by teamdavey
Old Aug 23, 2010, 01:19 PM
The Northeast Kingdom, Vermont
Joined Jun 2004
5,159 Posts
I completely agree with flying a new receiver in a model that is low impact and inexpensive, but only after giving it a complete range check first
Pete
pilotpete2 is offline Find More Posts by pilotpete2