SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by Rickyd863, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Aug 21, 2010, 07:47 AM
USA, KY, Louisville/Jefferson County
Joined Feb 2010
30 Posts
Discussion
Aug 21, 2010

Well, I have been doing some doing some hovering still but last couple weekends I have been playing with my mini-14 that i purchased. I have not really owned a rifle since I moved from the country and that was in 92. I got a good deal on this rifle and been to the range the last couple weekends. It has felt good to hold a rifle again after so long.

But I did buy a used flymentor NIB and couldn't decide which heli to put it in. I have a 400 with the angled tail or my trex. I will be doing scale once i get going. the 400 looks like it is made for a huey fuselage. but by installing in my trex, i was thinking i could learn the hovering nose in, side , etc better without having to worry about extra controls. I actually decided to install in trex. I installed everything and it fit perfect inside frame. Then I decided to go to HS for a 7 channel receiver. bad mistake. They had just got an order of Trex 600 ESP in stock. They shot me a price and i walked out with it. My goal has always been to fly scale and end up with a 500 or 600 for the largest heli in my hanger. By buying the 600, it actually changed my mind on the flymentor. I decided , since i did get the 600, I need to learn all about the 450 and not do any short cuts that i might regret later. So I am back where I started. Flymentor is in box, 450 is hovering and have a NIB 600 waiting to be assembled. I have been looking on forums about the 600 esp and was thinking of a 3rd block on main shaft and using the old 600 main so it woudl be long enough. This seems to be an issue , per the forums. I do not have to do this now as it says on box that it includes 3 bearing blocks for main shaft. So i guess align has taken care of this. We will see. I WILL learn the 450 good enough that when i finally run the 600, I will only have training gear on it to check equipment, then off it comes.
When this happens, i have a couple things i want to do. The 400 will get the huey fuselage and the trex 450 will have a f3c fuselage tha i actually have waiting for it. The flymentor might be ideal for the 400 at this stage..But I have not done a thing to the 400 as I will learn on 450 first and only think about that one. one at a time..
Raining now or I would be hovering again...

Rick
Rickyd863 is offline Find More Posts by Rickyd863
to remove ads between posts