SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 20, 2010, 07:37 AM
USA, NC, Charlotte
Joined Jun 2010
86 Posts
Discussion
Has anyone used a Futaba T6XHs Super FM

I have recently made the jump to cp helis. ESKY beltcpv2. I love it. I've practiced a lot before moving up to cp. It payed off I could hover on the second battery. I can hover pretty good. NO crashes YET.....
I have read that having a programable radio is better to tune the heli just right. Well I have a FUTABA T6XHx Super and the rx that came with it that I've owned since new. I used to use it with nitro planes. it is fully programmable, but a little outdated
Does any one have any suggestions. I wonder if it would help me with my flying, before I buy an expensive radio. Do you think it will be better than stock ESKY tx and rx? I am still new at this so I don't wanna drop $ 200 for a radio yet. I wanne get better at flying first.

Thanks in advance.
jlaspilot is offline Find More Posts by jlaspilot
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 20, 2010, 08:08 AM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,485 Posts
I used a Futaba 72 mhz 6EXH on my Trex clone. It definitely makes a difference. I'm not familair with your model, but if it allows you to set expo, throttle and pitch curves, you will be just fine.
Balr14 is offline Find More Posts by Balr14
Old Aug 20, 2010, 08:40 AM
USA, NC, Charlotte
Joined Jun 2010
86 Posts
Thanks, I want to start learning how to play with the programmable radio and changing the settings to where it feels good for me. I want to be good at it before I spend so much money on a new radio system. I have also seen the Hobbie king radios for cheap. But who knows if they are any good.
Old Aug 20, 2010, 08:43 AM
USA, NC, Charlotte
Joined Jun 2010
86 Posts
Balr14, I have never installed a tx and rx system on a heli. I can connect the servos, but what about the battery and the esc? Do I follow just like the stock one is connected now? Then also what is a starting point for my pitch curves.
Old Aug 20, 2010, 09:01 AM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,485 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlaspilot View Post
Balr14, I have never installed a tx and rx system on a heli. I can connect the servos, but what about the battery and the esc? Do I follow just like the stock one is connected now? Then also what is a starting point for my pitch curves.
You should be able to follow the stock connections. Servos are usually channel 1,2 and 6. throttle (ESC) is 3, gyro is 4 and may have a single wire that goes in channel 5. For beginner, I'd use a very linear curve from -2 to 9 or 10. You can get excellent setup instructions by watching Finless Bob's Trex 450 videos over at helifreak.com. You will have sign up, then go here: http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=11373. Look at ccpm setup videos and throttle curves.
Balr14 is offline Find More Posts by Balr14