HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by lmopar69, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Aug 19, 2010, 08:49 PM
Team Cobra!!! Ssssssss!
United States, NE, Doniphan
Joined Feb 2005
7,853 Posts
Discussion
Imbedded NATO reporter

We had a NATO reporter named Josh Fortune with us last week while we were supporting the Medevac. Here is part 1 of his story. Im only in the first minute, but its a great video!

Dustoff part1-Lifesavers (3 min 56 sec)

Laine.
lmopar69 is offline Find More Posts by lmopar69
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 20, 2010, 08:22 AM
Flutter-Bys are fun
United States, MI, Honor
Joined Dec 2005
5,067 Posts
Great video, too bad the MSM won't show this one. Laine, you are a hero. A real hero.
God Bless you all!!
Conehead
Orrin Eldred
Conehead is offline Find More Posts by Conehead
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: TRAMPS Air Show, 28-June 2014
Old Aug 20, 2010, 10:46 AM
Team Cobra!!! Ssssssss!
United States, NE, Doniphan
Joined Feb 2005
7,853 Posts
Thanks Orrin, but I disagree. Im no hero, Im just a pilot. Those guys on the ground kickin in doors and the medics that fix them up are the heros. Im just here to support them. I wish I could be a medevac pilot every day. Its a job that REALLY matters.

Laine.
lmopar69 is offline Find More Posts by lmopar69
Old Aug 20, 2010, 11:00 AM
RIP Bryce Russell Love U!
United States, AL, Headland
Joined Jun 2005
312 Posts
You are a hero, and your an everyday hero to me and the kids too. All of your flying jobs matter they just matter in a different way is all. Keep your head up honey you will be back for some much needed R&R soon.
kmopar69 is offline Find More Posts by kmopar69
Old Aug 20, 2010, 01:00 PM
USA, VA, Woodbridge
Joined Sep 2007
4,066 Posts
Awesome share Laine. Dont ever doubt you are a hero bro. I am sure it is hard to see at times, but your doing great work. Stay safe mang.
JustinMoore12 is offline Find More Posts by JustinMoore12
Old Aug 20, 2010, 02:24 PM
Flutter-Bys are fun
United States, MI, Honor
Joined Dec 2005
5,067 Posts
Laine,
Well all of you, those on the ground, you pilots, and all the support people you have are heroes. All of you are putting your lives on the line, so those of us here in the USA can have our freedom. So while you don't think of yourself as a hero, indeed you are in many of our minds, at least in this one person's mind.
Thank you for your service, stay safe and come home soon.
I check your blog at least once a week and everytime you post something.
Great video, hope you get some air time in another one.
Conehead
Orrin Eldred
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 20, 2010, 04:11 PM
resU deretsigeR
Dublin Ca
Joined Aug 2004
7,787 Posts
Laine, I just want to say that im for one think im a better person for having met you, keep the peace bro...
PaulVi is offline Find More Posts by PaulVi
Old Aug 20, 2010, 04:36 PM
Out(of Mind) Back Soon(I HOPE)
Fleming, Colorado
Joined May 2008
200 Posts
Very Nice!!! Should be on every 5 o'colck news cast!!!! You are all Heros in my book! Thank You!!
Terry
andersot is offline Find More Posts by andersot
Old Aug 20, 2010, 10:09 PM
Flutter-Bys are fun
United States, MI, Honor
Joined Dec 2005
5,067 Posts
+1 Andersot, so right. Every night for at least a week.
Conehead
Orrin Eldred
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 21, 2010, 08:49 AM
Retired USAF
USA, SD, Piedmont
Joined Jul 2005
2,910 Posts
Laine, coincidental that you should post that clip...about a week ago, I went on a foot patrol with a group of British Army soldiers (and a US Marine) here in Kabul. We had a couple of British reporters along with us, and their story is linked here: http://www.bfbs.com/news/afghanistan...bul-38320.html
cynjon is offline Find More Posts by cynjon
Old Aug 21, 2010, 09:56 PM
Plowin Dirt
USA, WA, Benton City
Joined Oct 2007
1,568 Posts
Laine, nice vid. It helps bring the real world into perspective from your end. Not the nancy grace crappola we see so much here in the news, assuming it could be called news. Cynjon sent me some mags (my thanks Cynjon) that talk about what's happening on the good side of things over there. Very enlightening and informative. There's nary a soul I've talked to that doesn't hope all of you get home safe and sound and are so appreciative of the efforts of all you. Stay safe!

Cynjon, yer killing me! Stay in the the compound and park your rear end at a desk, you're to darn short to go putzing down the streets and taking chances!

Laine, Maybe you can swap a ride in Jims Yak for a Blackhawk ride? Ya just need to get to Pendleton, Ore. or Ephrata, Wa. We'll call it a training mission!

Dan
deckert is offline Find More Posts by deckert
Last edited by deckert; Aug 21, 2010 at 10:07 PM.