HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 29, 2012, 05:17 PM
Team30 Micro EDF
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Apr 2004
11,243 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalmon View Post
Jim and Nitro, I gather you are friends and live near each other. If so have you tried to bind these offending planes to Nitro's TX? I know you said your transmitter is fine but even if it's fine on other planes there could be a problem with it. I admit I'm just guessing but It'd be great to be sure.

Not trying to downplay your experiences just trying to offer something to help.
Yes, Kalmon - we fly at the same field. If Jim(who I am sure is reading this) has another glitch with his beast, I'll get him to contact me without touching the model and I will bind it to my txer and see what happens. I am quite happy to try everything in an effort to help source the problem.

I did contact the hobby shop but they have an strict internal investigative process for returns they must adhere to, so they do investigate all returns as part of the QC for Horizon products.
NitroCharged is offline Find More Posts by NitroCharged
to remove ads between posts
Old May 29, 2012, 05:35 PM
3D, 1D at a time!
United States, TX, Plano
Joined Aug 2010
4,029 Posts
So who all is still flying their V1 Beasts? Mine is 2 years old now
Park_aviator is offline Find More Posts by Park_aviator
Old May 29, 2012, 05:51 PM
**I'm Battman**
Twin Falls, Idaho
Joined Jan 2005
8,599 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Park_aviator View Post
Me!

500+ flights and going strong.

rc
RCBABBEL is offline Find More Posts by RCBABBEL
RCG Plus Member
Old May 29, 2012, 06:01 PM
McCarthy, Alaska
Joined Jun 2004
1,133 Posts
Quote:
I was until a few days ago. The airframe was getting a little ragged so I started switching the elecrtonics over to a new, spare airframe that has been sitting in the box for some time. However now my CC as3x stuff is going in as soon as the new servos for the ailerons arrive from HH. It will be a V2 disquised as a V1
WSEN is offline Find More Posts by WSEN
Old May 29, 2012, 06:03 PM
Joined Aug 2011
808 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroCharged View Post
Yes, Kalmon - we fly at the same field. If Jim(who I am sure is reading this) has another glitch with his beast, I'll get him to contact me without touching the model and I will bind it to my txer and see what happens. I am quite happy to try everything in an effort to help source the problem.

I did contact the hobby shop but they have an strict internal investigative process for returns they must adhere to, so they do investigate all returns as part of the QC for Horizon products.
My beast3d is currently under their strict internal investigation process as the did not have a replacement in the store when i took t back.

Will see what comes back, a new one or mine that has been repaired. There is a strategic marking that identifies mine to me
jim350 is offline Find More Posts by jim350
Old May 29, 2012, 06:16 PM
Parkzone junkie
United States, MI, Grand Traverse
Joined Oct 2008
3,665 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim350 View Post
My beast3d is currently under their strict internal investigation process as the did not have a replacement in the store when i took t back.

Will see what comes back, a new one or mine that has been repaired. There is a strategic marking that identifies mine to me
Yeah my marking is a creased wingtip and rash on the cowl

Good luck on the plane, repaired or replaced!!

-Brian
kalmon is online now Find More Posts by kalmon
Old May 29, 2012, 09:26 PM
WiggleWiggleWiggle
South Australia
Joined Jan 2008
6,066 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim350 View Post

Oohhhhh.....love the cloak and dagger stuff lol
ozzi supercub is offline Find More Posts by ozzi supercub
Old May 29, 2012, 10:52 PM
3d addict
United States, NY, Rochester
Joined May 2011
1,038 Posts
Quote:
Mine is still going strong. Only thing wrong with it is a small piece of foam missing from the rudder where my father tried to cut it off with his beast prop. Hahaha
Aaeolien is offline Find More Posts by Aaeolien
Old May 30, 2012, 12:27 AM
RC pilots do it in the air
Joined Dec 2011
114 Posts
This just happened to my brand-new Beast. Waiting to hear from HH, I am confident that they will make it right.

I loved the plane while I had it in the air - VERY nice! Looking forward to improving my chops with this awesome plane.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hill202 View Post
My rudder servo went out on the second flight of the plane. Horizon replaced the plane with no questions asked.
marke14 is offline Find More Posts by marke14
Old May 30, 2012, 05:56 AM
Way to many airplanes!
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2009
5,481 Posts
Quote:
Well, I'm not really sure... I'm flying a bunch of tape, CF and glue, but somewhere in the middle, there should still be a V1 Beast. It's by far my most abused airplane!!! Flew in in very thick fog, flew it in the rain, flew it IN the snow (skis, and not kidding, flew it while BIG snowflakes were falling), flew it in VERY cold temperature (waaaay below freezing), and very hot temperature. Funnily, it's also my only HH airplane that needed a new servo (not that long after I got it!). But still flying today. Kind of attached to it now... Many battle scars, but sure enough, MANY great flights too! Have to admit that since I got my Beast 3D, my poor old V1 Beast is only flying when there's no wind at all, or if the weather is terrible and I still want to fly something!
RealGambler is offline Find More Posts by RealGambler
Old May 30, 2012, 07:37 AM
Conductor
Portland, Maine
Joined Dec 2010
120 Posts
Quote:
I was, she was taken over by my new Crack Pitts
IronHorse442 is offline Find More Posts by IronHorse442
Old May 30, 2012, 10:57 AM
3d addict
United States, NY, Rochester
Joined May 2011
1,038 Posts
Lol iron. I gave my beast a good workout this morning. But my brand new crack Pitts is itching for a maiden. Lol
Aaeolien is offline Find More Posts by Aaeolien
Old May 31, 2012, 02:26 AM
Joined Aug 2011
808 Posts
Beast3d no#3 has arrived :-) lets hope this one doesn't suffer from the same problem as the previous 2.
Batteries charged and will be heading to the field in 30min for a few flights.
Old May 31, 2012, 02:30 AM
Team30 Micro EDF
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Apr 2004
11,243 Posts
Will there be enough light in 30 minutes time Jim?
NitroCharged is offline Find More Posts by NitroCharged
Old May 31, 2012, 02:32 AM
Joined Aug 2011
808 Posts
15min now :-) yes should be time for a few flights