HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 20, 2012, 11:10 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
24,142 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by everydayflyer View Post
To each their own. The Beast is a very agile aerobatic Bi Plane and flys great light and IMO very poorly heavy. ... Charles
Yep you're right. Thanks for the info. Multiple packs is the route I am going with.

PKZ Radian Pro I can fly all day with only two packs. Looks like I will need more than 2 for the beast.
freechip is online now Find More Posts by freechip
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 20, 2012, 11:13 AM
United Kingdom, England, Ripon
Joined Dec 2011
309 Posts
I personally think its going to be hard to beat the new 300mah nanotechs at 17grams
Simon2504 is offline Find More Posts by Simon2504
Old Mar 20, 2012, 11:17 AM
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
7,567 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon2504 View Post
I personally think its going to be hard to beat the new 300mah nanotechs at 17grams
Where?! Link?
erkq is offline Find More Posts by erkq
Old Mar 20, 2012, 11:21 AM
Joined Dec 2011
309 Posts
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...Lipo_Pack.html

Plugs will have to be changed but i dont see that as an issue
Old Mar 20, 2012, 11:27 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
24,142 Posts
Anybody using computer radio and opted to change the aileron setup on the beast to Dual Aileron?

Quote:
To Change CH6 to a Reversed CH2 for Dual Ailerons or Reversed CH2 to CH6
Sorry I think I did not read it correctly. Would this be a Dual Aileron setup where differential could be used?

If I wanted to have it setup for Dual Aileron in my radio and allow for differential, I would need to return channel 6 back to channel 6 and then enable Dual aile in my radio, Right?
Old Mar 20, 2012, 11:30 AM
Novice in training
United States, NC, Statesville
Joined Aug 2011
708 Posts
It would be nice if they would offer a 300mah like this one.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=19423
JoshB is offline Find More Posts by JoshB
Old Mar 20, 2012, 11:44 AM
uk
Joined Mar 2010
62 Posts
Beast 3d came, shot out and wow, what a difference between the sbach it is.
Sadly it came with a spar that has come unglued from teh wing, easily fixed but not the piont.
Just waiting for the wind to die down now so i can set my new toy up
Clouds4brains is offline Find More Posts by Clouds4brains
Old Mar 20, 2012, 12:22 PM
Joined Dec 2011
309 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshB View Post
It would be nice if they would offer a 300mah like this one.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=19423
Ive just got a handfull of the 300's just got to wait for some plugs to arrive from China and will see how they are
Old Mar 20, 2012, 01:09 PM
Way to many airplanes!
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2009
5,481 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freechip View Post
Anybody using computer radio and opted to change the aileron setup on the beast to Dual Aileron?

Sorry I think I did not read it correctly. Would this be a Dual Aileron setup where differential could be used?

If I wanted to have it setup for Dual Aileron in my radio and allow for differential, I would need to return channel 6 back to channel 6 and then enable Dual aile in my radio, Right?
You're reading it correctly. But the bug I had, both ailerons were going the same way all the time. So if I was reversing channel 2 (one of the standard stick procedure), both ailerons were reversed, but still going the same way. So by going with separate ailerons, I was hoping that reversing channel 2 would only reverse one servo, and then going back to normal ailerons (but reverse) everything would be ok. Still no go.

No matter what I did with the stick procedure, I could not get the servos going correctly. Then I read about the trick (shorting data and positive), and it worked! Not for the faint of heart, but since it's "relatively" simple, that's why I mention it here.
RealGambler is offline Find More Posts by RealGambler
Old Mar 20, 2012, 01:53 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
24,142 Posts
@ RealGambler - Thanks for the info. Will work on it when I get home very soon but not before getting a couple of flights in. This is is awesome.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 03:40 PM
Way to many airplanes!
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2009
5,481 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freechip View Post
@ RealGambler - Thanks for the info. Will work on it when I get home very soon but not before getting a couple of flights in. This is is awesome.
I would say shorting the two pins is a last resort thing to do only!!!! Too risky as you may short the ground and positive. (Particulary if you do like me and not remove the servo or use a servo reverser). It's much easier to do it with the remote. Again, read the user manual for any AR6400 type receivers. Doing it that way is MUCH safer. I was too lazy to call customer service... I should probably have done that instead when I saw that the stick programming wasn't working for me. But I like to experiment!

Sure enough, I've been flying in heavy fog a lot, but from now on, I may think about it twice before I do it again!
RealGambler is offline Find More Posts by RealGambler
Old Mar 20, 2012, 06:45 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
24,142 Posts
@ RealGambler - Got it working RG, was fairly easy too. With the radio in 1 Aileron servo wing, I position the throttle stick to Full and rubber band the Aileron/Elevator stick in the bottom left corner. Powered on Beast and waited, left aileron went down. Powered off Beast and Powered it back on now the left aileron no longer responded to aileron stick.

Changed wing type to Dual Aileron/Flaperon and had to reverse the AUX or left aileron channel in the radio and VOILA. Everything works and I even have delayed flaps.

Not like I will be using it but wanted to be able to have differential and a Elevator to Flaperon mix I could switch on and off for some 3D stuff.

Will be posting video of the beast with flaps on delay.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 06:49 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
24,142 Posts
On second thaught never mind, big mistake. AS3X only works on aileron channel so having it setup for Dual Aileron only one aileron moves with as3x... Oh well back to stock setup.

Which is still pretty darn cool..
Old Mar 20, 2012, 08:36 PM
24 yrs. of Aircraft flying
United States, GA, Rockmart
Joined Oct 2004
5,818 Posts
3 minutes or more of hard flying is plenty for me, 15 yrs ago 2 minutes was TOP for any electric plane besides a glider and that was no hard flying. Today you can hover, harrier, go straight up vertical moves and plenty of power My beast fly long enough for me.
It does not get flown much now the new wore off of it but its still a fun plane to fly I enjoy getting it out flying in 10-15mph winds while the glow guys are packing up saying to windy to fly
epoweredrc is offline Find More Posts by epoweredrc
Old Mar 20, 2012, 09:47 PM
Flying addicted and lovin it!
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Jun 2010
2,709 Posts
I have had the V1 Beast since just after it was out, and now the 3D version for over a month and I have to say, I actually fly it MORE every month! I just LOVE this plane. Get home from work, grab the beast just before sunset, put a couple lipos through it on the street out front of my house, WILD harriers, crappy hovers (I am just not very good) loads of spins, KE the length of the block and back ... just WAY too much fun.

Had it at the park just doing KE circuits and what a blast. Have to edit up the video.

Great plane and the 5 minute timer I have set on for my Hyp 180's seems to go off a couple seconds after I start flying! Having way too much fun.

Marlin
Fish99 is offline Find More Posts by Fish99