Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Mar 01, 2012, 05:40 AM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaylad View Post
I understand your statement,but the plastic is very week,only slight bad landing and snap,If it was metal it would not of broke and neither would anything else,any body know of any Ali ones ?
If yours snapped on a slightly hard landing then it was defective to begin with. I nosed one of my Beasts into the ground at full throttle and the prop adapter didn't break.

But to answer your question - I do not know of an aluminum one out there and it's probably because there is no need for one.
turnerm is offline Find More Posts by turnerm
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 01, 2012, 06:14 AM
Way to many airplanes!
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2009
5,453 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pugsam View Post
Question: How do you keep your fingers from freezing, but at the same time manage to work the sticks?
Good old transmitter mit (or sometime called glove). This winter was really windy, so on those few days that were not windy, I was out, even if the temperature was around minus 25 centigrade.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=11738

Those are really confortable in winter. But I guess another factor is the fact that I'm old and cold doesn't bother me anymore... One of the few advantage of being a canadian I guess.
RealGambler is offline Find More Posts by RealGambler
Old Mar 01, 2012, 06:20 AM
Way to many airplanes!
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2009
5,453 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaylad View Post
Any ideas where I can get an Ali/metal/ stronger prop adapter from ? Broke 3 last night(first flights of the year. Lol)
Cheers
ICU is selling one adapter that is beefier, out of his Shapeway's store. Didn't try it myself, but if it's anything like it's other products, it must me awesome.

http://www.shapeways.com/model/30591...tml?gid=sg7529

Not sure if it works with the original propellers though as it was designed for the GWS props, but I suspect it should since the original prop and GWS5030 share pretty much the same hub.
Old Mar 01, 2012, 07:20 AM
Chicago Northwest subs
Joined Jan 2007
2,240 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealGambler View Post
Good old transmitter mit (or sometime called glove). This winter was really windy, so on those few days that were not windy, I was out, even if the temperature was around minus 25 centigrade.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=11738

Those are really confortable in winter. But I guess another factor is the fact that I'm old and cold doesn't bother me anymore... One of the few advantage of being a canadian I guess.
I've got a TransMitt. It's made here in the USA by a fellow RCG'er, Reacher10. He wants 50 dollars shipped, but they're extremely well made, and you're supporting one of us. I'm very happy with mine. It has pockets for hand warmer packs, or batteries. Choose your color and features.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...143460&page=33
MR2
minirips2 is offline Find More Posts by minirips2
Old Mar 01, 2012, 03:03 PM
Joined Oct 2009
113 Posts
binding to a DX5e

I apologize if this has been covered before. Just got the B3D and I happened to have a DX5e radio that came with a Radian motor glider. The manual for the B3D says to refer to your specific radio for binding instructions. The DX5e manual shows a binding plug which is plugged into the receiver for the binding process. So far I haven't been able to see how I would get to the receiver inside the Beast. It appears to be somewhere below and behind the battery tray.

Could someone tell a dummy like me a step by step procedure to bind the TX and RX. Do I have to take off the prop and remove the motor to get to the receiver? I don't own any other Spektrum transmitters than the DX5e. I read that dual rates and expo are desired features to use with the beast. The DX5e has both features. The expo can be turned on by a non published method and is something that may not be widely known.

Thanks in advance.
GMB48
GMB48 is offline Find More Posts by GMB48
Old Mar 01, 2012, 03:08 PM
Have fun
Joined May 2007
6,088 Posts
Its in the Beasts manual.
airpower is offline Find More Posts by airpower
Old Mar 01, 2012, 03:20 PM
Joined Oct 2009
113 Posts
airpower

Boy am I a dummy. I re-read the DX5e manual and the Beast manual. I just didn't pay close enough attention. It's now bound.
Thanks
GMB
Old Mar 01, 2012, 04:49 PM
Joined Mar 2011
103 Posts
Plug in the battery into the receiver , the receiver will flash then turn on your radio and wait about ten sec. should bind
Wayne on Maui is offline Find More Posts by Wayne on Maui
Old Mar 01, 2012, 06:08 PM
Joined Oct 2009
113 Posts
Yes. That worked. Just had to hold the trainer switch forward while turning on the radio. Blue lights flickered on the receiver for a few seconds then went solid. Everything works as it should. Thanks.

GMB48
Old Mar 04, 2012, 12:06 PM
Tweaker
Corona Del Mar
Joined Sep 2005
7,077 Posts
Thought I'd share with my buddies here first;

Anyone need to upgrade to a Spektrum DX8??

I have a brand new one, unused, in box with the optional lithium battery. Paid $323

PM me with an offer if interested!
RemE is online now Find More Posts by RemE
Old Mar 04, 2012, 11:11 PM
Flying addicted and lovin it!
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Jun 2010
2,664 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RemE View Post
Thought I'd share with my buddies here first;

Anyone need to upgrade to a Spektrum DX8??

I have a brand new one, unused, in box with the optional lithium battery. Paid $323

PM me with an offer if interested!
Would love to jump on that but it's such a pain to get it across to Canada between shipping and customs it's not worth the hassle.

Good luck to you RemE, and thanks for thinking of us first! (I am in the hunt for some kind of upgrade as my DX6i is FULLLLLLL, and I have been dumping planes from the memory to make room for new ones.)

Marlin
Fish99 is offline Find More Posts by Fish99
Old Mar 04, 2012, 11:48 PM
Tweaker
Corona Del Mar
Joined Sep 2005
7,077 Posts
No Problem! Someone has asked for the optional Lipo, so now it's just the stock DX8 which I'll let go for $250.
RemE is online now Find More Posts by RemE
Old Mar 05, 2012, 02:36 AM
United States, CA, Thousand Oaks
Joined Feb 2012
23 Posts
Battery ?

Whats the best battery for the beast. Anything from HK.
mshoe is offline Find More Posts by mshoe
Old Mar 05, 2012, 02:55 AM
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
7,139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mshoe View Post
I think RCBABBEL's custom Hyperion 240's are the best. They are the lightest high performance packs and charge at 5C.
erkq is online now Find More Posts by erkq
Old Mar 05, 2012, 05:53 AM
Way to many airplanes!
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2009
5,453 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mshoe View Post
NanoTech 180mah from HK were awesome so far, but there's a report of a puffed one that just came out. So as usual, it does look like HK has started to relax it's quality control again. Still, at $5 each, I find them awesome for me. And with a buddy code, you can get 3 of them for $2.56 each, which is very hard to beat. Let's just hope that puffed battery was a badluck, not a lower QC. They are awesome in the Beast 3D.