HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 12, 2012, 12:43 AM
Have fun
Joined May 2007
6,088 Posts
i used the japanese shop(aircraft world), got them in a week with 2.50 shipping.
airpower is offline Find More Posts by airpower
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 12, 2012, 12:49 AM
United States, CA, Livermore
Joined Oct 2004
744 Posts
Hey tracknoob thanks for your reply! And as for the comments well I got no problem with that. It's kinda ruthless to just jump on a thread and ask for the good stuff and I am guilty, knew it going in, but I can't wait to fly this thing and 888 pages would take some serious time to read! Sounds like the 240 Hyperions were a lucky guess though. I'll try to contribute a little flight report after Saturday.
Husafreak is offline Find More Posts by Husafreak
Old Jan 12, 2012, 12:52 AM
ISP Supervisor
United States, AK, Fairbanks
Joined Jan 2006
722 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by airpower View Post
i used the japanese shop(aircraft world), got them in a week with 2.50 shipping.
Cool! I will order one to try it out as I lost a MiniAviaton 210 in the snow today . Did you get the 180s or 240s? How do you like?
makg is offline Find More Posts by makg
Old Jan 12, 2012, 01:26 AM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,259 Posts
I'm in Tokyo now and I'm actually heading to Akihabara (electronics area of Tokyo) tomorrow to visit a few hobby shops. If you guys want me to see if I can find something I'm happy to bring it back and ship it to you. Just shoot me a PM.
turnerm is offline Find More Posts by turnerm
Old Jan 12, 2012, 01:37 AM
Have fun
Joined May 2007
6,088 Posts
Got 4 240s, tight fit, removed shrink wrap and they fit with enough wiggle room, plus much lighter. You can kinda tell it's a little more heavy if you really think about it(really think about, more self fulfilling than anything), but it's the same lovely beast you know!
airpower is offline Find More Posts by airpower
Old Jan 12, 2012, 01:56 AM
ISP Supervisor
United States, AK, Fairbanks
Joined Jan 2006
722 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by airpower View Post
Got 4 240s, tight fit, removed shrink wrap and they fit with enough wiggle room, plus much lighter. You can kinda tell it's a little more heavy if you really think about it(really think about, more self fulfilling than anything), but it's the same lovely beast you know!
Hmm I wonder if the 180s are too "wimpy" but the 240s may be heavier than I Iike. I will just order one to test out. 12.50 isn't bad anyways.
-Mike
makg is offline Find More Posts by makg
Old Jan 12, 2012, 05:43 AM
Way to many airplanes!
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2009
5,453 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snjbird View Post
Got a link where they might be in stock?
Quote:
Originally Posted by restlessswind View Post
Not available here
Wow, I check my usual 3 online place for Hyperions and you're right, they are all backorder!!!! I guess Hyperion didn't thought they would be so popular!!! It took them soooooo long to make them (just some connectors after all), and now, they are B/O....

Sorry!
RealGambler is offline Find More Posts by RealGambler
Old Jan 12, 2012, 07:06 AM
3D... the only way to fly!
Kissimmee
Joined Apr 2010
336 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm View Post
I'm in Tokyo now and I'm actually heading to Akihabara (electronics area of Tokyo) tomorrow to visit a few hobby shops. If you guys want me to see if I can find something I'm happy to bring it back and ship it to you. Just shoot me a PM.

I would take you up on that, if they have some I would take a pair of whichever they have in stock?
snjbird is offline Find More Posts by snjbird
Old Jan 12, 2012, 09:08 AM
Seattle, WA
Joined Apr 2006
1,167 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by makg View Post
Hmm I wonder if the 180s are too "wimpy" but the 240s may be heavier than I Iike. I will just order one to test out. 12.50 isn't bad anyways.
-Mike
My Hyperion 180's give me 5min moderately aggressive flights. Unlimited vertical thru the whole flight, putting about 100mah back in. So, I could go longer, but 5min is enough for me. Depends on how long you want to fly I guess. Definitely not wimpy.
flynfrfun is offline Find More Posts by flynfrfun
Old Jan 12, 2012, 09:27 AM
Joined Nov 2006
337 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by msdumo View Post
I got my Beast 3D as a Xmas gift and don't have any batteries or a charger made for the stock batteries.
I do have 240 and 180 Hyperion 1S flatpacks and an Accucel AC6 charger. I also have these 2S JST-XH Extensions which I can cut for male and female JST-XH connectors, JST Male connectors and some JST Female connectors.

I'm just working on converting a T28 Trojan and a Sukhoi 26XP to a 2S brushless setup. So I wanted a 2S connector that would work on all three planes.

My plan was to use 2 240(or 180) mah Hyperion 1S flat packs, cut the leads and wire them in series on a 2S male JST-XH connector to make a 2S battery. I've made a connector for charging on my AC6 that has a male 2 pin JST male connector for the charge lead, a male JST-XH connector for the balance lead and a female JST-XH connector for the battery.

I'm going to replace the stock connector on the Beast 3D and replace it with a 2S JST-XH Female connector and do the same on the T28 and XP that have been converted to 2S Brushless.

I'm looking for pros and cons. Any comments would be appreciated.
Turboparker(Joel) - Any thoughts
I've converted most of my UM fleet to run on micro bullet connectors. It works out well because then I can run singles cells, or 2 cells in parallel or series depending on how I want them. I started doing this when I converted my sukhois to 2s and wanted to have the batteries ran in series but not stacked together so that I could still get them to mount flush with the bottom of the suk. I've continued with the micro bullets for all of my other UM's except for my helis and my son's night vapor, those I leave with the stock eflite/blade connectors.
tommythecat is offline Find More Posts by tommythecat
Old Jan 12, 2012, 09:53 AM
3D... the only way to fly!
Kissimmee
Joined Apr 2010
336 Posts
That was painless!

I just ordered from...

http://www.aircraft-world.com/shopexd.asp?id=6887

Took about 5 minutes, shipping was 2.50, the site says it could take between 5 to 14 days to get them

PS,

I am new to flying fixed wing, and I have spent a lot of time on heli boards, but this is by far the most active thread I have followed, with great info! Thanks guys...
snjbird is offline Find More Posts by snjbird
Old Jan 12, 2012, 10:16 AM
Diverted by planks
South Florida
Joined Dec 2010
5,009 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Husafreak View Post
Hey tracknoob thanks for your reply! And as for the comments well I got no problem with that. It's kinda ruthless to just jump on a thread and ask for the good stuff and I am guilty, knew it going in, but I can't wait to fly this thing and 888 pages would take some serious time to read! Sounds like the 240 Hyperions were a lucky guess though. I'll try to contribute a little flight report after Saturday.

heh heh

Awesome! Sorry to have even commented -- best to follow policy others mentioned, if not wanting to give full reply, just remain silent.

Yeah, the Hyp 240s are popular. I went with a pair of MiniAviation 210s for my V1 Beast, and they impressed me so much over the stock item that I ordered some more for V2, so now I have enough on hand to enjoy much longer outings with the Beast.

Would love to see your flight report, always interesting to get new impressions. I took my 3D Beast out this morning and just had a terrific time with it. I have been hand launching a lot and plopping in grass, but today, I finally did all ROG takeoff and landings, and while not all were pretty, the plane came home with zero damage, and that last landing I stuck it, perfect touchdown, roll out and taxi and it felt soooo good.

Wait until you get a chance to taxi out and take off with this thing -- it is eerie how it maintains directional stability both on the ground and in the air.

EDIT TO ADD: Just took four off the charger, after having 5 full minutes of 3DBeast with V1 motor and 5043 prop, doing sport flying on each, consisting of loops, rolls, inverted, some flying slow, harriers, and circuits around the field -- I put 388 total Mah back in, so that was a bit less than 100 mah average per battery.
tracknoob is offline Find More Posts by tracknoob
Last edited by tracknoob; Jan 12, 2012 at 11:29 AM.
Old Jan 12, 2012, 03:33 PM
United States, CA, Sacramento
Joined Jan 2010
3,035 Posts
quick flight report for the curious....

Well, I am quite impressed. It handles like a low-wing (eg. T-28). Rudder/coordinated turns optional. Very easy to fly, take off and land. The 240 hyperion had to be placed right over the CG mark (shoved back about 1cm behind top of opening). throws are extreme only when fully defected. If you are a beginner that has flown any aileron plane, go for it. No suprises, plenty of power, tracks well, solid proportional feel on the sticks.
restlessswind is offline Find More Posts by restlessswind
Old Jan 12, 2012, 06:42 PM
**I'm Battman**
Twin Falls, Idaho
Joined Jan 2005
8,569 Posts
[QUOTE=snjbird;20400570]That was painless!

I just ordered from...

http://www.aircraft-world.com/shopexd.asp?id=6887

Took about 5 minutes, shipping was 2.50, the site says it could take between 5 to 14 days to get them

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

snjbird,

The pain may kick in as soon as the Novocain wears off.

Below is an email I received from A-W after I ordered 2) Hyp UMX cells...

"Dear Roger,
>
> The Japanese Post informed us without prior warning that we could no longer ship batteries via Japan Post services. We had hoped for a reversal, but have just been told the decision is final. Instead, we were able to secure a large-volume contract with FedEx in order to continue shipping batteries.
>
> For your order, we can ship via FedEx for the total amount of $13.80. Subtracting the amount you paid for shipping already, that would require an additional payment of $11.30. If you agree, would you please complete the Paypal payment request for additional cost we have just sent to you.
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Brian
> International Sales Manager, Air Craft
> http://aircraft-world.com"

All-E will probably be receiving their shipment tomorrow.

rc
RCBABBEL is offline Find More Posts by RCBABBEL
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 12, 2012, 08:17 PM
Southern Pride
Haralson County GA. USA
Joined Oct 2004
34,634 Posts
FYI

http://www.rcdude.com/servlet/the-Ba...-CX/Categories

seems to have a decent inventory or atleast has been able to fill all of my orders to date. I just order 4 ea. 180 mAh and 6 ea.240 mAh cells today along with some props and they shipped today.

Randy really makes a point of shipping all orders received prior to 3PM the same day.

Charles
everydayflyer is online now Find More Posts by everydayflyer