SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 07, 2010, 09:55 PM
Heli collector
United States, MI, Livonia
Joined Apr 2009
16,534 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomsDay View Post
Ya know, if you were smoking electronic cigs, you wouldn't have to go out onto the porch and smoke. They produce a type of water vapor, not smoke. And they are MUCH healthier for ya. Oh yeah, you can smoke in the same room as the little woman, and other than seeing the vapor come out, she would never know you were smoking. No real smell with the vapor and the vapor dissipates very quickly. It honestly is the best of both worlds!
Vape on my friend! Vape on!
Yea but sitting there looking at the new siding I'm putting on and planning the next days work.. I need the nicotine to think clearly,,, or to make me think I'm thinking clearly.. Nice hot cup of coffee and a smoke is the only reason I get up in the morning.. With out that why wake up..

But I'm hoping you make it.. I quit smoking a couple times a year so I know what it's like..

If you make it two months I'll give it a try next time...
livonia bob is offline Find More Posts by livonia bob
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 07, 2010, 10:41 PM
Charlotte Douglas, NC
Joined Sep 2003
3,017 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by livonia bob View Post
Yea but sitting there looking at the new siding I'm putting on and planning the next days work.. I need the nicotine to think clearly,,, or to make me think I'm thinking clearly.. Nice hot cup of coffee and a smoke is the only reason I get up in the morning.. With out that why wake up..

But I'm hoping you make it.. I quit smoking a couple times a year so I know what it's like..

If you make it two months I'll give it a try next time...

Bob, the juice that goes into the e-cigs have nicotine in them. You can buy various levels of nicotine, with tons of different flavors. I have no intention of quitting the act of smoking. I am simply replacing the burning of actual tobacco with the heating up of liquid vapor. Much healthier and depending on how much you smoke, can be much cheaper to. (I was a 2 pack a day smoker for 20+ years). I am currently vaping atomic fireball. Tastes just like an atomic fireball. Its amazing the different flavors out there lol.
DoomsDay is offline Find More Posts by DoomsDay
Old Oct 07, 2010, 10:48 PM
Heli collector
Joined Apr 2009
16,534 Posts
Quote:
Bob, the juice that goes into the e-cigs have nicotine in them. You can buy various levels of nicotine, with tons of different flavors. I have no intention of quitting the act of smoking. I am simply replacing the burning of actual tobacco with the heating up of liquid vapor. Much healthier and depending on how much you smoke, can be much cheaper to. (I was a 2 pack a day smoker for 20+ years). I am currently vaping atomic fireball. Tastes just like an atomic fireball. Its amazing the different flavors out there lol.
So you are saying that I can sit in the house here at the computer and get my nicotine fix?? OK now I'll have to look into this... And no smelling up the house and truck?? And Cheery blend like I used to smoke in my pipe??
Old Oct 07, 2010, 10:51 PM
Charlotte Douglas, NC
Joined Sep 2003
3,017 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by livonia bob View Post
So you are saying that I can sit in the house here at the computer and get my nicotine fix?? OK now I'll have to look into this... And no smelling up the house and truck?? And Cheery blend like I used to smoke in my pipe??
Yep all that and MORE! Go to youtube and do a search for e-cig and watch some of the videos. If you want to do some reading, go to http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com and do some reading there. Tons and tons of information available. If you end up wanting to try it, just PM me and I will give you some ideas to look into.
Old Oct 07, 2010, 10:56 PM
Heli collector
Joined Apr 2009
16,534 Posts
Quote:
Yep all that and MORE! Go to youtube and do a search for e-cig and watch some of the videos. If you want to do some reading, go to http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com and do some reading there. Tons and tons of information available. If you end up wanting to try it, just PM me and I will give you some ideas to look into.
I was just looking around and came across this.. But I think we should move this to PM's as this is the UMX Beast thread.. But then again anything is better than waiting around for another 4 weeks for the next date to pass..

American
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has classified electronic cigarettes as a drug delivery device and subject to market approval prior to sale under the Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act (FDCA). In January 2010, this classification was overturned by a federal judge, but an appeals court overruled the judge's classification on March 2010. Despite this, a number of electronic cigarette companies have emerged online. In September 2010, the FDA announced that it would begin regulating e-cigarettes, because they comprise both a drug and a drug delivery device.[7] Following this announcement, the FDA began regulatory action against five American companies "for violations of the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act (FDCA), including unsubstantiated claims and poor manufacturing practices."[7]
Old Oct 07, 2010, 11:04 PM
Charlotte Douglas, NC
Joined Sep 2003
3,017 Posts
Yes it is currently unregulated. The FDA had also announced a while back that it had found the active ingredient of antifreeze in a few samples and that it contained 1%. Turns out that the PSU for poly glycol does allow for a certain amount of PEG to be in food grade poly glycol so that shows that the fda findings were correct but completely well below safety limits set by the PSU.

I wouldn't worry to much about them hitting the folks, they are hitting them for the cosmetic act and I am sure the fda will lose on that one. If they regulate the e-cigs that can only be a good thing for us, as it will make the industry produce even better products. but sure, PM's is good to

Oh yeah, where is my beast!
Old Oct 08, 2010, 12:41 AM
HELP I AM BEING SET UP!!
United States, OR, Deschutes
Joined Jul 2009
3,940 Posts
"e-cigarettes"

lol!

Gawd I luv this country....'scuse me...I need to go outside and ..well...you know.

Bob I'mma gonna send you a PM....I'd like your advice on a Walkera CP heli for in the house/garage....for crazy winter time close-quarters 3D heli action lol! I think "Walkera" and I think..."Bob".

Bud, lighting up Bud
maukabud is offline Find More Posts by maukabud
Old Oct 08, 2010, 02:10 AM
Registered Addict
United Kingdom, Stoke-on-Trent
Joined Jul 2010
5,247 Posts
Quote:
Wow, I have to say I wasn't expecting that lol.

Ya know bob, its a good thing I am sitting down, got my joye 510 electronic cigarette loaded with a wonderful black cherry tobacco flavor ( tastes just like the real pipe tobacco) and just enjoying being smoke free for 4 days now. You better thank my e-cig for that. If it wasn't completely taking care of my cravings, I might have had to go kick santas butt for not delivering my plane! LOL.
Hey DD welcome to the E-Smoking world
I have been part of the vaping scene since the very start,and been vaping 3 years now.
Your four days analogue free!!! Nice one dude and if your in it for the long run...... keep just your 510 atomizer's and get one of these......
http://www.puresmoker.com/product_p/prodigyv3.htm
Save you money in the long run, stock batterys are not really up to the job,with the prodigy you only need to change the battery every few days and the extra power makes for a great throat hit ! and smoke
The guy that sells these is an old mate of mine.
Kris... is offline Find More Posts by Kris...
Old Oct 08, 2010, 07:05 AM
Joined Oct 2008
2,603 Posts
Im just wondering if its worth spending so much money on such a small plane to fly out doors when you could just pick up a park flyer that will handle wind better .
dazzzer1 is offline Find More Posts by dazzzer1
Old Oct 08, 2010, 08:27 AM
Way to many airplanes!
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2009
5,489 Posts
Simple... I have 4 flying spots. Only 1 of them is big enough for a full size parkflyer and sure enough, it's 8 miles from my place. My favorite one (the only one with an nice smooth landing spot) is the smallest park. So for me, it's still a question of driving very far away with a full size parkflyer, or simply going to a very close one (literally walking distance if I wasn't so lazy ).

The other thing I'm not crazy about parkflyer is the fact that you have to get ready way ahead of time. Charging 3 to 6 full size batteries take a lot longer than a bunch of UM batteries. (I have two Celectra chargers for UMs and two full size charger for bigger batteries....). I also don't mind having my UM batteries charged all the time, because I fly all the time anyway, so worst case, they'll be 4 or 5 days full charged at most. With parkflyer batteries, I cannot do that, because at best, I fly once a week. If I have a rainy weekend, then the batteries could be 2 weeks or more fully charged, which is not that good.

I do like parkflyers (I have about 6), but I do fly micros a lot more because it's way more convenient. Today's micro do feel like the larger birds anyway. I would not like them if they didn't, but when the sun shine on my UM Mustang, flying low in the morning, I feel like I'm flying a full size one anyway.
RealGambler is offline Find More Posts by RealGambler
Old Oct 08, 2010, 09:19 AM
**I'm Battman**
Twin Falls, Idaho
Joined Jan 2005
8,691 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzzer1 View Post
Im just wondering if its worth spending so much money on such a small plane to fly out doors when you could just pick up a park flyer that will handle wind better .
daz,

The more I watch the Beast video, the more I realize I'll be flying it off my street and driveway. For me, the convenience of front yard flight is amazing!
Soon (Hpefully) I'll have an ultra-micro with serious power.

I suppose it depends a lot on your personal situation and what you are looking for in a plane.

rc
RCBABBEL is offline Find More Posts by RCBABBEL
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 08, 2010, 10:00 AM
Buffalos have wings
Vancouver Washington
Joined Nov 2007
2,058 Posts
Man, this thread is moving faster than a lot of threads I follow on planes and helis that already exist......Granted, the range of topics is all over the board, but there is a lot of anticipation for this plane.
Tatonka is offline Find More Posts by Tatonka
Old Oct 08, 2010, 10:15 AM
Heli collector
Joined Apr 2009
16,534 Posts
Quote:
Oh you have flown the UMX Beast in the wind and didn't like it?? I thought it flew great, the short wind span, four ailerons and high speed allows it to do very well.
Old Oct 08, 2010, 10:51 AM
Joined Jul 2006
707 Posts
Quote:
easy transportation, also many different types possible
nearly unlimited flying places
low storage place consumption
low energy consumption (unlimited flying times with cheap batteries)
indestructible over longer grass
microheli is online now Find More Posts by microheli
Old Oct 08, 2010, 11:10 AM
Joined Jul 2006
707 Posts
Quote:
I hope in the future come an e-smoke modul for the UMX Beast because every good pitts need a smoker
microheli is online now Find More Posts by microheli