SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 19, 2010, 01:10 PM
Doing it in the Lateral Axis
USA, OH, Akron
Joined Dec 2006
15,360 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheese5 View Post
Yep it is pricey. THat was before I saw the video! But it has a cool new BL brick! And it has unlimited vertical! And it is scale! And I can fly it at the park! And the batteries are cheaper than I thought! And most of all the new micro AR6400LBL brick!

But the AR6400LBL said it was a short range radio. Is that true for the AR6400 series or is it just this one brushless brick? I was thing of making a long range micro preditor with the AR6400LBl. The video showed that it performed like the sukhoi xp with the hyperion 180mah batteries. But this one is brushless! Now for a brushless micro heli!
No its not a short range receiver. Its not a full range receiver either. Its somewhere in between. In my experience, these bricks have plenty of range for UM planes. I have several similar bricks and I have never flown out of range, If you did, the plane would be so small it would be hard to tell what it was doing.
modfly is offline Find More Posts by modfly
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 19, 2010, 01:13 PM
Doing it in the Lateral Axis
USA, OH, Akron
Joined Dec 2006
15,360 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsbauman View Post
more pricey but you get a 2s battery, a power 180 brushless motor and the new ar6400LBL with long throws and the built in brushless esc, and dual aileron servos instead of one.

To me, it appears this is a lot more plane for the money than the other micros...
I agree This is the one we have all been waiting for.
modfly is offline Find More Posts by modfly
Old Aug 19, 2010, 01:16 PM
**I'm Battman**
Twin Falls, Idaho
Joined Jan 2005
8,642 Posts
Exactly what I was hoping for in the vid!

Sukhoi/4-site Bl 3D dream machine.

The additional AUW looks like a non-issue in this little bipe.

Practically has my name on it.

'Babbel Beast'

Can't wait to make some custom Hyp 25C packs for it.

I'll bet the size will be perfect.

rc
RCBABBEL is online now Find More Posts by RCBABBEL
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 19, 2010, 01:16 PM
Windsor, Canada, near Detroit
Joined Jul 2007
5,157 Posts
when?

the 180 was shown at toledo, but it was available until october. i know that because when i saw it at toledo and read the reviews i designed a plane for it and had to wait until then.
i hope this time they have a shorter wait time.
phil alvirez is offline Find More Posts by phil alvirez
Old Aug 19, 2010, 01:20 PM
**I'm Battman**
Twin Falls, Idaho
Joined Jan 2005
8,642 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by modfly View Post
No its not a short range receiver. Its not a full range receiver either. Its somewhere in between. In my experience, these bricks have plenty of range for UM planes. I have several similar bricks and I have never flown out of range, If you did, the plane would be so small it would be hard to tell what it was doing.
Agree...

With a full range Tx, range isn't an issue at all.

rc
RCBABBEL is online now Find More Posts by RCBABBEL
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 19, 2010, 01:25 PM
Founder of the EDF20 club!
Minnesota
Joined Apr 2008
3,261 Posts
This is awesome! I think I will have to get one!
all4smallrc is offline Find More Posts by all4smallrc
Old Aug 19, 2010, 01:31 PM
Joined Mar 2010
1,755 Posts
The preview is already up!

Horizonhobby.com Preview Ultra Micro Extreme Beast from E-flite (9 min 59 sec)

This thing looks AWESOME!!!!
DFflyer is offline Find More Posts by DFflyer
Old Aug 19, 2010, 01:53 PM
heli addict
Ohio
Joined Nov 2003
3,675 Posts
What a great preview! This plane is going to be so much fun!
humveeflyer is offline Find More Posts by humveeflyer
Old Aug 19, 2010, 01:56 PM
Up Up and Away!
Joined May 2008
1,933 Posts
these ultra micros are going up in price more and more

I mean I understand its new technology and the price will be high but $170 is outrageous!

Horizon must be making a fortune on us! I mean look at hobby king micro brush less motors.
lightspeeddud is offline Find More Posts by lightspeeddud
Old Aug 19, 2010, 01:56 PM
Live to ride... and fly!
Forney, TX
Joined Mar 2002
15,165 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DFflyer View Post
Very nice! Really solid in knife edge with little to no coupling (although they may have it mixed out on that proto). Impressive speed and vertical climb rate. In all the videos I've seen of the Sukhoi it looks like people really fight with it to make it do 3D maneuvers, this looks a lot more settled than the Sukhoi. I'm blessed with a very large backyard (one acre lot), this looks like just the thing for my backyard antics
Tres Wright is offline Find More Posts by Tres Wright
Old Aug 19, 2010, 02:00 PM
Elmhurst, NY (Queens in NYC)
Joined Apr 2004
7,061 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by modfly View Post
I've specked out my cub in thermals and never lost control. On the other hand I have had glitches at low altitude flying pretty far away. You lose motor and can't do anything for a few seconds then, with luck, you are back in business. I did have to hike across our field once or twice, but I may have had a battery that was close to dead.

BTW. If you lose motor because the battery has run down, pull the throttle off and then come up to half throttle. That will usually get you home.

Pete
PeteSchug is offline Find More Posts by PeteSchug
Old Aug 19, 2010, 02:01 PM
Up Up and Away!
Joined May 2008
1,933 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tres Wright View Post
Very nice! Really solid in knife edge with little to no coupling (although they may have it mixed out on that proto). Impressive speed and vertical climb rate. In all the videos I've seen of the Sukhoi it looks like people really fight with it to make it do 3D maneuvers, this looks a lot more settled than the Sukhoi. I'm blessed with a very large backyard (one acre lot), this looks like just the thing for my backyard antics
lol, check out the original sukhoi promo video when it came out-flew very nice in there, but why didnt it flew so nice when we got it? hmmm
lightspeeddud is offline Find More Posts by lightspeeddud
Old Aug 19, 2010, 02:06 PM
Elmhurst, NY (Queens in NYC)
Joined Apr 2004
7,061 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightspeeddud View Post
these ultra micros are going up in price more and more

I mean I understand its new technology and the price will be high but $170 is outrageous!

Horizon must be making a fortune on us! I mean look at hobby king micro brush less motors.
The rx costs $ 70 which is pretty inexpensive. I think the 180 BL is about $40 or so. What's expensive with stuff like that in the plane?

This is a quantum leap better and more powerful than anything out there and I think the price is reasonable compared to things like the Cub and Sukhoi.

I also think they are going to have to rethink the Trojan. It will look pretty feeble next to The Beast. (in this case maybe The Beasty)

There will probably be two ranges of most models in a little while. The BL version and the introductory level.

NOT EXPENSIVE FOR WHAT YOU ARE GETTING.

Pete
PeteSchug is offline Find More Posts by PeteSchug
Old Aug 19, 2010, 02:34 PM
Joined Aug 2008
567 Posts
This looks like a sick plane. I think it will be one of the first micros that will be able to handle wind decently because of the extra weight and power. My hope now is that they take that motor and rx and put it into a little mcp heli with full bell-hiller head and shaft driven tail. THAT will be cool.
helidude22 is offline Find More Posts by helidude22
Old Aug 19, 2010, 02:36 PM
3DHS Junkie
Rhode Island
Joined Jun 2005
5,683 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by livonia bob View Post
I'm wondering if I should plan on making skies for it.. Most likely there will be snow on the ground here when it ships.
I wouldnt say that--Eflite has been making a point of meeting shipping dates ad advertised.
800mZero is offline Find More Posts by 800mZero