Bowerz is offline Find More Posts by Bowerz
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 29, 2010, 01:46 PM
Joined Oct 2008
2,603 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowerz View Post
Dazzer, if you want floating and gliding, get the new radian pro
I know but i like the look of the micro beast it has so much detail and seems very well done and its brushless I might just wait until some reviews come out first before i get it .
dazzzer1 is offline Find More Posts by dazzzer1
Old Sep 29, 2010, 03:17 PM
Live to ride... and fly!
Forney, TX
Joined Mar 2002
15,165 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzzer1 View Post
I know but i like the look of the micro beast it has so much detail and seems very well done and its brushless I might just wait until some reviews come out first before i get it .
Wow, I admire your patience. I on the other hand will be burning rubber all the way to the LHS as soon as they get them

PS, I wish you guys would quit bumping this thread, I keep seeing it and thinking "Oh, maybe it's out now!"
Tres Wright is offline Find More Posts by Tres Wright
Old Sep 29, 2010, 03:53 PM
Bomb Trails, Not People
United States, VA, Stephens City
Joined Sep 2010
243 Posts
Well, until it's late October that's not something to worry about. Not to mention how many new threads there will be when it is released.
MoJappa is offline Find More Posts by MoJappa
Old Sep 29, 2010, 04:29 PM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
11,660 Posts
Quote:
i left planes to fly helis but I have always liked the micro planes and i said if they ever make a brushless one i would get it . I dont see why this plane should be any hard to fly than other 4ch planes , I do see the point on it being fragil I just hope it does not want to drop on landings and has a nice glide when the throttle stick is right back .
Dazzzer,

Biplanes aren't typically noted for having great glide characteristics. Especially if they have round flying wires. Airfoil-shaped wires help reduce the drag, as a wire of a given diameter & length will generally have ~10 times the drag of an airfoil the same length with a maximum thickness equivalent to the diameter of the wire. Nevertheless - if you're looking for great power-off glide performance, there are better choices than a scale aerobatic biplane. For instance - the Radian Pro that Bowerz mentioned. There are a few scale motor-glider options out there that would also work well, and would allow one to do conventional takeoffs & landings.

Joel
turboparker is offline Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 29, 2010, 04:51 PM
United States, CA
Joined Jul 2010
4,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowerz View Post
Dazzer, if you want floating and gliding, get the new radian pro
Parkzone needs to make a micro radian!! The full size radian can't fit on my bike.
Cheese5 is online now Find More Posts by Cheese5
Old Sep 29, 2010, 04:57 PM
Joined Oct 2008
2,603 Posts
im only looking for a small amount of glide to land not for the over all flight , Like with the t28 its a fast plane but landing was a Breeze as it had a nice glide path on landing .
dazzzer1 is offline Find More Posts by dazzzer1
Old Sep 29, 2010, 05:38 PM
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
11,660 Posts
Quote:
im only looking for a small amount of glide to land not for the over all flight , Like with the t28 its a fast plane but landing was a Breeze as it had a nice glide path on landing .
The Beast looks like it will be happier on approach if one carries some power all the way down. It's just the nature of the Beast. (I couldn't resist.)

Oh, well - we'll find out for sure soon enough, I guess. I'll be sure to post a detailed flight-report right after the maiden & shake-down flights. I'm sure a number of others on here will do the same.

I am very much looking forward to this one!!

Joel
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 29, 2010, 06:16 PM
Post Digger
San Diego, CA
Joined Oct 2005
461 Posts
ever land with flaps down? you got two wing servos for the aelerons.. you got flaps. 4 of them. I bet you could get your approach down pretty slow.
Baratacus is offline Find More Posts by Baratacus
Old Sep 29, 2010, 06:38 PM
Heli collector
United States, MI, Livonia
Joined Apr 2009
16,522 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker View Post
The Beast looks like it will be happier on approach if one carries some power all the way down. It's just the nature of the Beast. (I couldn't resist.)

Oh, well - we'll find out for sure soon enough, I guess. I'll be sure to post a detailed flight-report right after the maiden & shake-down flights. I'm sure a number of others on here will do the same.

I am very much looking forward to this one!!

Joel
High drag light weight planes need some power till the flare to get smooth landings..
livonia bob is offline Find More Posts by livonia bob
Old Sep 29, 2010, 07:08 PM
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
11,660 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baratacus View Post
ever land with flaps down? you got two wing servos for the aelerons.. you got flaps. 4 of them. I bet you could get your approach down pretty slow.
Sure. However, landing with flaps takes more power than landing clean...

I will be setting mine up for flaperons.
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 29, 2010, 07:14 PM
Heli collector
Joined Apr 2009
16,522 Posts
Quote:
Sure. However, landing with flaps takes more power than landing clean...

I will be setting mine up for flaperons.
Or steeper approach..
Old Sep 29, 2010, 08:29 PM
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
11,660 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by livonia bob View Post
Or steeper approach..
Which usually makes it even tougher to grease it in...
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 29, 2010, 08:48 PM
Heli collector
Joined Apr 2009
16,522 Posts
Quote:
Which usually makes it even tougher to grease it in...
No the flaps drop the speed really fast as soon as you start the flare. But OK yea you do have to have the timing and altitude just right.. That's why landing with flaps is so much more fun..
Old Sep 29, 2010, 10:27 PM
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
11,660 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by livonia bob View Post
No the flaps drop the speed really fast as soon as you start the flare. But OK yea you do have to have the timing and altitude just right.. That's why landing with flaps is so much more fun..
Yep - it's the timing & altitude part I was alluding to. Not an easy thing for most inexperienced pilots to pull off on a consistent basis.
RCG Plus Member