Razors edge 29 is offline Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 19, 2010, 12:16 PM
Sussex, UK
Crawley, West Sussex, UK
Joined Jun 2004
7,374 Posts
Quote:
They have probably done it so that it can be used with non computer radios such as the DX5e.
The 4-Site works with a 4 channel transmitter by default, but you can switch channel 6 to work as a proper flap channel by holding the sticks in a particular way when you power on the AR6400

My guess is that they needed to extend the servo leads, and a Y lead was marginally easier than two seperate leads or producing another version of their micro servo.
RobinBennett is offline Find More Posts by RobinBennett
Old Aug 19, 2010, 12:16 PM
Joined Jun 2010
163 Posts
Oh my that video is awesome. What a great day for the RC hobby!
cloakscott is offline Find More Posts by cloakscott
Old Aug 19, 2010, 12:17 PM
The building never ends!
Tucson, AZ
Joined Oct 2008
1,056 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tres Wright View Post
Per the stats it's a 2s setup, so to use it on the Sukhoi or P51 you'd have to swap out all the electronics and use different batt's. Based on the advertised weight of this one I'm guessing the components are heavier, so if the parts are swapped onto another UM it'll probably increase the weight quite a bit. That might not necessarily be bad, it'll just make for a much faster flyer (higher wing loading). I'm sure someone will try it not too long after this comes out
I suspect the flight pack itself probably weighs around 30 grams. That's eight grams for the AR6400LBL RX, three grams for the two servos, nine grams for the battery, and ten for the motor. The flight pack for a Sukhoi weighs something like sixteen (six for the motor + gearbox, four for the AR6400, 1.5 for the servo, and four for the battery.)

So a Sukhoi with this setup will go from weighing 34 grams to weighing about 48 grams . . . which really isn't bad, given that the prop/motor combination would give a Sukhoi an absolutely silly thrust-to-weight ratio.

The huge thing is that the AR6400LBL has a price of $69.99. It costs just $2 more than an AR6400 + stripped-down Turnigy Plush 6A ESC, sixteen dollars less than an AR6400 + stripped-down CC Thunderbird 6 ESC, and between ten to twenty dollars less than any 1S brushless setup using the AR6400.
Ensign Jimmy is offline Find More Posts by Ensign Jimmy
Old Aug 19, 2010, 12:27 PM
Up Up and Away!
Joined May 2008
1,933 Posts
wow I just woke up and crapped myself from excitement
lightspeeddud is offline Find More Posts by lightspeeddud
Old Aug 19, 2010, 12:33 PM
United States, CA
Joined Jul 2010
4,370 Posts
This is going to be my christmas present. BUt $170 is a little pricey for a micro. For $180 you can get a BL mustang or $190 for a F4F. The beast micro has a cool new brick(I justa saw the pictures on the earlier post. Never knew that HH would come out with BL so earlier! Now to hide the wallet for more ultra micros! HH is coming out with too many products! Got to type fast, since this thread is pretty fast!
Cheese5 is offline Find More Posts by Cheese5
Old Aug 19, 2010, 12:43 PM
CAP 232-aholic
Centreville, VA
Joined Jan 2003
1,386 Posts
video on youtube for those that cant dl the file on the previous page

eFlite Micro Beast Airplane (1 min 34 sec)
DiabloKid is offline Find More Posts by DiabloKid
Old Aug 19, 2010, 12:47 PM
United States, CA
Joined Jul 2010
4,370 Posts
That video is amazing! It is like a sukhoi xp and a 4 site combined! It can do knife edge pretty well! Setting aside the $170 and waiting for the reviews of this airplane. We don't want round wing tips(Extra 300 thread: flat wing tips)!
Question for the AR6400LBL brick, are the servos on the board plug-ins? I don't see any wires hanging out of the board.
Old Aug 19, 2010, 12:54 PM
Doing it in the Lateral Axis
USA, OH, Akron
Joined Dec 2006
15,360 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheese5 View Post
This is going to be my christmas present. BUt $170 is a little pricey for a micro. For $180 you can get a BL mustang or $190 for a F4F. The beast micro has a cool new brick(I justa saw the pictures on the earlier post. Never knew that HH would come out with BL so earlier! Now to hide the wallet for more ultra micros! HH is coming out with too many products! Got to type fast, since this thread is pretty fast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheese5 View Post
That video is amazing! It is like a sukhoi xp and a 4 site combined! It can do knife edge pretty well! Setting aside the $170 and waiting for the reviews of this airplane. We don't want round wing tips(Extra 300 thread: flat wing tips)!
Question for the AR6400LBL brick, are the servos on the board plug-ins? I don't see any wires hanging out of the board.
I thought that was a little pricey for a micro plane
modfly is offline Find More Posts by modfly
Old Aug 19, 2010, 12:58 PM
Stockton, Ca. USA
Joined Apr 2001
9,530 Posts
Great looking plane. I suspect beginners and beginning intermediate pilots will be selling the surviving guts to this plane a day or to after it hits the market. It is too much plane for a lot of wanna be pilots. Can't wait to see what other aircraft will get this brushless set up in the future. This board may make great changes in Blades future helicopter line up. At least I know what I want for my birthday this fall. Mike H
Michael Heer is offline Find More Posts by Michael Heer
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 19, 2010, 12:59 PM
United States, CA
Joined Jul 2010
4,370 Posts
Yep it is pricey. THat was before I saw the video! But it has a cool new BL brick! And it has unlimited vertical! And it is scale! And I can fly it at the park! And the batteries are cheaper than I thought! And most of all the new micro AR6400LBL brick!

But the AR6400LBL said it was a short range radio. Is that true for the AR6400 series or is it just this one brushless brick? I was thing of making a long range micro preditor with the AR6400LBl. The video showed that it performed like the sukhoi xp with the hyperion 180mah batteries. But this one is brushless! Now for a brushless micro heli!
Old Aug 19, 2010, 12:59 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2008
14,611 Posts
more pricey but you get a 2s battery, a power 180 brushless motor and the new ar6400LBL with long throws and the built in brushless esc, and dual aileron servos instead of one.

To me, it appears this is a lot more plane for the money than the other micros...
bsbauman is offline Find More Posts by bsbauman
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Nice Pic
Old Aug 19, 2010, 01:04 PM
United States, CA
Joined Jul 2010
4,370 Posts
I don't really like the 2S since it is small and cannot be used with other airplanes(besides the new micro BL series slowly unwrapping). I have some 1S batteries which I like because it is cheao($5-$7). But I like everything else you said: brushless brick, 2 aileron servos, brushless motor, scale looks, internal battery....I'm dreaming!

But one thing I don't like besides the price. I'm still establishing thing hobby so I don't have a nice LCD charger nor do I have the money for it. THe charger that come with it is DC powered by clips can the plug be transfered to an AC power source?
Old Aug 19, 2010, 01:06 PM
"Add Lightness"..Colin Chapman
Keystone State, USA
Joined Jun 2007
1,155 Posts
Wow!

Thanks for the vid link.
I looked around for it but couldn't find it!

Definitely excited for this one to arrive!
Elisecat is offline Find More Posts by Elisecat
Old Aug 19, 2010, 01:08 PM
Still AWD, Subaru
St.Louis
Joined Nov 2006
884 Posts
wow
that video is impressive...yet so was the first um sukhoi video
ShawnM4kq is offline Find More Posts by ShawnM4kq