HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Sep 11, 2011, 12:57 AM
certified crash instructor
Scottsdale Arizona
Joined Dec 2009
2,215 Posts
I think I found out why HH put the servos on the bottom, it's easier to adjust the pushrod. With it being on the top of the bottom wing, the top wing kind of gets in the way when trying to trim out the pushrod.
slo-fly is offline Find More Posts by slo-fly
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 11, 2011, 01:06 AM
**I'm Battman**
RCBABBEL's Avatar
Twin Falls, Idaho
Joined Jan 2005
8,691 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RTF Thumper View Post
Sweet, wonder why they didn't build it that way. Sur looks like a nice way to protect the servos.


BJ,

Dug this old post out for ya...
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=219

slo gonna test this for us??

rc
RCBABBEL is offline Find More Posts by RCBABBEL
RCG Plus Member
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2011, 01:37 AM
certified crash instructor
Scottsdale Arizona
Joined Dec 2009
2,215 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCBABBEL View Post
slo gonna test this for us??

rc
First thing in the morning! Since my beast is all stock, and in good condition now, it should be a good test bed. That and I have a brand new beast to test it against it should be a good time! I will have the results early afternoon tomorrow.
slo-fly is offline Find More Posts by slo-fly
Last edited by slo-fly; Sep 11, 2011 at 01:44 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2011, 04:44 AM
Registered User
Ifly_65's Avatar
United States, MO, St Louis
Joined Dec 2003
180 Posts
Re-glue

Quote:
Originally Posted by maukabud View Post
...and I got impatient waiting for the Elmerz to dry...so I can report that two tiny lil dabz of UHU Por (one on each blade) also wrks well.


Even though I have my Hyp batts all done, I just haven't had the opportunity to fly my Beasties much right now...too much RL shite going on.

A few pages back I saw the great convo about larger planes....and I can happily report that my most awesome cul-de-sac flyer right now is my F3P 30" w/s Dualsky Breeze Pro...I *highly* recommend adding an F3P ship to the quiver guyz...it's a blast in outdoor tight spaces...great practice machine...does all the IMAC/pattern moves perfectly (w/ no wind)...but does them in soooper slooow motion. Very kewl!





Bud, slo-mo Bud

Thanks guys!
Ifly_65 is offline Find More Posts by Ifly_65
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2011, 11:07 AM
Registered User
tamiyafan1975's Avatar
Joined Jun 2008
705 Posts
Hey guys, here's a quick vid of my Beast flight yesterday. It was a great day, little windy but the Beast didn't falter. Great to fly slow when you want and then kick it up when you need it. Love this plane, still one of my favorites.


UMX Beast Slow Patterns and Some Tricks (3 min 15 sec)
tamiyafan1975 is offline Find More Posts by tamiyafan1975
RCG Plus Member
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2011, 11:16 AM
Buffalos have wings
Tatonka's Avatar
Vancouver Washington
Joined Nov 2007
2,058 Posts
I have a quick question on servos....Last nite I was having some great beast flying when I landed and my tailwheel caught a edge in the runway and ripped my rudder off, no big deal, but it also did something to the servo.....Got it cut open this morning, and looking at it with my old eyes, it looks like the white plastic piece the rod hooks into got pulled out of or off of a brass part that is down in the track.....Does this sound familiar to anyone?.....Is there any way to "snap " it back in place?....I tried messing with it some, but I figured I'd check here before I went any further.
Tatonka is offline Find More Posts by Tatonka
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2011, 11:53 AM
HELP I AM BEING SET UP!!
maukabud's Avatar
United States, OR, Deschutes
Joined Jul 2009
3,940 Posts
KE flight...

...no ones mentioned that KE and high alpha KE flight is much easier to learn and perform going from right to left, due to prop torque/rotation direction.




Bud, mentioning Bud
maukabud is offline Find More Posts by maukabud
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2011, 11:56 AM
HELP I AM BEING SET UP!!
maukabud's Avatar
United States, OR, Deschutes
Joined Jul 2009
3,940 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatonka View Post
I have a quick question on servos....Last nite I was having some great beast flying when I landed and my tailwheel caught a edge in the runway and ripped my rudder off, no big deal, but it also did something to the servo.....Got it cut open this morning, and looking at it with my old eyes, it looks like the white plastic piece the rod hooks into got pulled out of or off of a brass part that is down in the track.....Does this sound familiar to anyone?.....Is there any way to "snap " it back in place?....I tried messing with it some, but I figured I'd check here before I went any further.
Yes, they snap back into place with a little downward pressure.
maukabud is offline Find More Posts by maukabud
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2011, 12:20 PM
Buffalos have wings
Tatonka's Avatar
Vancouver Washington
Joined Nov 2007
2,058 Posts
Upon further examination, it looks like a metal piece pulled out of the servo horn part of servo.....It looks like this metal piece is threaded to ride up and down the threaded rod in the servo.....I just can't tell exactly what is going on here, if this metal piece pulled out of the white plastic horn part or what.....When I plug plane in, that servo just spins, gears are engaging fine.
Tatonka is offline Find More Posts by Tatonka
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2011, 12:29 PM
**I'm Battman**
RCBABBEL's Avatar
Twin Falls, Idaho
Joined Jan 2005
8,691 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatonka View Post
Upon further examination, it looks like a metal piece pulled out of the servo horn part of servo.....It looks like this metal piece is threaded to ride up and down the threaded rod in the servo.....I just can't tell exactly what is going on here, if this metal piece pulled out of the white plastic horn part or what.....When I plug plane in, that servo just spins, gears are engaging fine.

Tato,


Is this guide any help to you?
http://www.parkflyingfun.com/ParkZone_linear_servo.html

rc
RCBABBEL is offline Find More Posts by RCBABBEL
RCG Plus Member
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2011, 12:45 PM
I hate winter!
binaryclock's Avatar
Canada, ON, Barrie
Joined Jul 2011
1,737 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiyafan1975 View Post
Hey guys, here's a quick vid of my Beast flight yesterday. It was a great day, little windy but the Beast didn't falter. Great to fly slow when you want and then kick it up when you need it. Love this plane, still one of my favorites.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PM3iQKycHCQ

Nice flying tamiya. Looks like you were having some great fun that day.
binaryclock is offline Find More Posts by binaryclock
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2011, 12:48 PM
ICU
Check out my Shapeways Shop
ICU's Avatar
Dallas,Tx.
Joined Apr 2007
1,202 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by maukabud View Post
...no ones mentioned that KE and high alpha KE flight is much easier to learn and perform going from right to left, due to prop torque/rotation direction.




Bud, mentioning Bud

I never thought about it. But I always wondered why my KE's were always easier and looked better going from right to left.
ICU is offline Find More Posts by ICU
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2011, 12:57 PM
Registered User
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
8,059 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RTF Thumper View Post
Sweet, wonder why they didn't build it that way. Sur looks like a nice way to protect the servos.
Balance
erkq is online now Find More Posts by erkq
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2011, 01:02 PM
Team Hillbilly
tominator06's Avatar
United States, MD, Dundalk
Joined Feb 2009
3,492 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCBABBEL View Post
BJ,

Dug this old post out for ya...
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=219

slo gonna test this for us??

rc
I believe he is talking about why they didn't put it under the top wing. Putting it where slo has his shouldn't affect the balance too much it's only the thickness of the wing higher as opposed to being all the way up under the top wing. I'm curious as to how it flies like this myself.
tominator06 is offline Find More Posts by tominator06
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2011, 01:54 PM
flitelab's Avatar
Canada, NS, Halifax
Joined Feb 2010
7,340 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tominator06 View Post
I believe he is talking about why they didn't put it under the top wing. Putting it where slo has his shouldn't affect the balance too much it's only the thickness of the wing higher as opposed to being all the way up under the top wing. I'm curious as to how it flies like this myself.
It would actually be the thickness of the servo going from hung under the wing to sitting on top, a fairly large change of its center point.
flitelab is offline Find More Posts by flitelab
Site Sponsor
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion ParkZone Ultra Micro T-28!!! THE Owners Thread!!!! dkintx Micro Ready-to-Fly 10136 Yesterday 09:31 PM
Official Parkzone P-51 Owners Thread - Part 2 monitor Parkflyers 2602 Jun 15, 2014 05:51 PM
Discussion UM beast, Now your talking qman Micro Ready-to-Fly 102 Dec 22, 2010 11:39 AM
Discussion The first OFFICIAL Parkzone Sukhoi SU-26XP BNF by ParkZone Owners thread skyjet Micro Ready-to-Fly 2 Mar 19, 2010 04:00 PM
Official Parkzone P-51 Owners Thread monitor Parkflyers 913 Oct 04, 2005 10:02 PM