SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 24, 2011, 10:34 PM
I hate winter!
Canada, ON, Barrie
Joined Jul 2011
1,737 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ICU View Post
Although you did reply about it first, I really wanted to help someone else get up in the air. Slickg66 posted up a picture of his broken one held together with epoxy. Thanks for the offer.

I have one on my Beast and Sbach and 2 testers that need them. As soon as I hear back from the testers they will be for sale.

What material are they made out of?
binaryclock is offline Find More Posts by binaryclock
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 24, 2011, 10:45 PM
Can't get enough
United States, WA, Puyallup
Joined May 2010
2,377 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by maukabud View Post
Eh one back to HH for repair/replace (bad swervos), one picked up @# LHS yesterday and taken right back...scroll back and looky the pics of the empennage- crooked as a politician.

~B
Someone had one too many of something or another when they put the elevator and rudder on lol Jeez that is terrible. My new stryker had several indents on it as well as a right ail push through the horn issue

J
jabsten is online now Find More Posts by jabsten
Old Aug 24, 2011, 11:30 PM
24 yrs. of Aircraft flying
United States, GA, Rockmart
Joined Oct 2004
5,824 Posts
ok just got home took the spinner off and looked at the stock prop and the gws props i have the stock one is way smaller as in the center of the prop is smaller so someone selling these props that fit w/o havign to mod them? or someones got a adaptor that goes onto the motor to change how it mounts or someone found a longer screw for the prop? i do not care about the spinner if it fits back on i will fly it w/o thats only for looks

will these fit w/o any mods to the stock plane?
[http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=10034
epoweredrc is online now Find More Posts by epoweredrc
Old Aug 24, 2011, 11:34 PM
HELP I AM BEING SET UP!!
United States, OR, Deschutes
Joined Jul 2009
3,940 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by epoweredrc View Post
ok just got home took the spinner off and looked at the stock prop and the gws props i have the stock one is way smaller as in the center of the prop is smaller so someone selling these props that fit w/o havign to mod them? or someones got a adaptor that goes onto the motor to change how it mounts or someone found a longer screw for the prop? i do not care about the spinner if it fits back on i will fly it w/o thats only for looks
RE: Hobbyking linkie- yep, those are the ones.

Hmmm...mine (GWS DD 5030) fit right on the adapter plate shaft, snug as a bug...I'll take a few photos when I get home tonight...at werk now.

EDIT: oh, wait...I can't take pics of the adapter...lol...no Beasties in the hanger right now.

Bud, werkin' Bud

EDIT again: forgot I had these (kinda blurry) pics...GWS 5030 on stock adapter plate/shaft w/ stock screw, easy peasy:
maukabud is offline Find More Posts by maukabud
Last edited by maukabud; Aug 25, 2011 at 12:23 AM. Reason: pic/branephart
Old Aug 24, 2011, 11:56 PM
McCarthy, Alaska
Joined Jun 2004
1,133 Posts
gws 5030 fit right on mine. Spinner glued on ok. 5043 seems to have thicker hub. some have said remove back plate. I ran mine with the plate for a while and it worked ok. Went back to the 5030 for the time being.
WSEN is offline Find More Posts by WSEN
Old Aug 24, 2011, 11:57 PM
24 yrs. of Aircraft flying
United States, GA, Rockmart
Joined Oct 2004
5,824 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by maukabud View Post
RE: Hobbyking linkie- yep, those are the ones.

Hmmm...mine (GWS DD 5030) fit right on the adapter plate shaft, snug as a bug...I'll take a few photos when I get home tonight...at werk now.

EDIT: oh, wait...I can't take pics of the adapter...lol...no Beasties in the hanger right now.

Bud, werkin' Bud

EDIT again: forgot I had these (kinda blurry) pics...GWS 5030 on stock adapter w/ stock screw, easy peasy:
hummm i put on a 8x4 gws I cut it to 6x4 maybe the 8 center hub is thicker? I do not know don't have a reg 5x4 here.
the screw would not tighten down when i ran the motor the screw backed off and the prop them became loose.

guess I will go to hobbytown tom. see if have any gws 5040 props. or a stock one for now seemed to fly fine with stock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSEN View Post
gws 5030 fit right on mine. Spinner glued on ok. 5043 seems to have thicker hub. some have said remove back plate. I ran mine with the plate for a while and it worked ok. Went back to the 5030 for the time being.
thanks for the info.
epoweredrc is online now Find More Posts by epoweredrc
Old Aug 25, 2011, 12:16 AM
I fly em', there for I am.
United States, CA, Tehachapi
Joined Feb 2009
667 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ICU View Post
Although you did reply about it first, I really wanted to help someone else get up in the air. Slickg66 posted up a picture of his broken one held together with epoxy. Thanks for the offer.

I have one on my Beast and Sbach and 2 testers that need them. As soon as I hear back from the testers they will be for sale.
No worries, just thought I would offer. Besides, I like the fact you're trying to help someone who's down/grounded. Hope the testing goes good.

SBOTI
SBOTI74 is offline Find More Posts by SBOTI74
Old Aug 25, 2011, 12:22 AM
HELP I AM BEING SET UP!!
Joined Jul 2009
3,940 Posts
Quote:
hummm i put on a 8x4 gws I cut it to 6x4 maybe the 8 center hub is thicker? I do not know don't have a reg 5x4 here.
the screw would not tighten down when i ran the motor the screw backed off and the prop them became loose.

guess I will go to hobbytown tom. see if have any gws 5040 props. or a stock one for now seemed to fly fine with stock.

thanks for the info.
Aha! The GWS 8X4 has a much thicker hub, different ID, etc. (I know 'coz I have some for my larger craft) Therein lies the culprit.

Bud, detective Bud
Old Aug 25, 2011, 01:02 AM
**I'm Battman**
Twin Falls, Idaho
Joined Jan 2005
8,687 Posts
Quote:

will these fit w/o any mods to the stock plane?
[http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=10034
ep,

I used a slightly longer prop screw to be safe.
Old sub-micro servo mounting screw works excellent.

My Beast/5043 prop mod here:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=327

rc
RCBABBEL is online now Find More Posts by RCBABBEL
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 25, 2011, 01:09 AM
**I'm Battman**
Twin Falls, Idaho
Joined Jan 2005
8,687 Posts
Bud,

Beast a bit fast for ya??

Ever considered fly fishing??
http://www.wimp.com/airswimmers/

rc
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 25, 2011, 01:14 AM
HELP I AM BEING SET UP!!
Joined Jul 2009
3,940 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCBABBEL View Post
Bud,

Beast a bit fast for ya??

Ever considered fly fishing??
http://www.wimp.com/airswimmers/

rc
Ha...my kid would love one of those...my MCPx would tear it apart...and rightly so.

Speaking of fast Roj...why haven't you gotten an MCPx yet?? Bit...hmm...fast?

nah...wee Beastie ain't as fast as say...an MCPx or Rare Bear or something more exotic...but it helps when the swervos wrk properly. (ship #1):

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=7597

Also helps when they come from the factory with straight tailfeathers eh. (ship #2):

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=7976

Can't fly 'em when they ain't built right!

(Methinks some improvement needs to be happenin in the QC Depts at certain Chinese factories, and HH needs to look into it ahem *cough* grumble grumble I'm not the only one grumble.....)

Bud, callin' a spade a spade Bud
~or~
Bud, with friends like these Bud
Last edited by maukabud; Aug 25, 2011 at 05:50 AM.
Old Aug 25, 2011, 01:16 AM
Mesa, AZ
Joined Aug 2004
1,848 Posts
Bought one of those sharks today for my son's birthday next week.
bsoder is offline Find More Posts by bsoder
Old Aug 25, 2011, 01:25 AM
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
8,045 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsoder View Post
Bought one of those sharks today for my son's birthday next week.
Where do you get helium? OT... I know... but I didn't start it.
erkq is online now Find More Posts by erkq
Old Aug 25, 2011, 01:35 AM
**I'm Battman**
Twin Falls, Idaho
Joined Jan 2005
8,687 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erkq View Post
Where do you get helium? OT... I know... but I didn't start it.
I think Bud started it.

I take my blimp to party shops with large tanks when it needs to be filled.
They will usually fill-er-up for $5.

Top it off with a disposal tank.
http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...&q=helium+tank

Yep,

I

L
O
V
E

M
Y

B
E
A
S
T
!
!
!

rc
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 25, 2011, 01:43 AM
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
8,045 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCBABBEL View Post
Dang... the helium costs as much as the dang fish! You're in it for $100 by the time you pay tax and shipping. But they are so cool!
erkq is online now Find More Posts by erkq