HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Aug 24, 2011, 10:23 AM
Registered User
Grand Rapids, MI
Joined Jun 2005
1,314 Posts
couple questions...
- Where are ya'll getting the 1s to 2s battery adapters?
- What's the best source you've found for the hyperion 1s lipos?
- Where do you get the 5043(?) upgrade props?
Hornetnz is online now Find More Posts by Hornetnz
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 24, 2011, 10:27 AM
Registered User
telos81's Avatar
United States, CT, Glastonbury Center
Joined May 2007
1,441 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hornetnz View Post
couple questions...
- Where are ya'll getting the 1s to 2s battery adapters?
- What's the best source you've found for the hyperion 1s lipos?
- Where do you get the 5043(?) upgrade props?
- http://www.rc-connectors.com/
- www.amazon.com (via http://www.allerc.com/ )
- http://www.microflight.com/Online-Catalog/Propellers
telos81 is offline Find More Posts by telos81
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2011, 10:36 AM
HELP I AM BEING SET UP!!
maukabud's Avatar
United States, OR, Deschutes
Joined Jul 2009
3,940 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemeane View Post
Nope he didn't lol.

But you did. Thanks!!!
Sent a PM yesterday...I've been known to clutter up threads w/ O/T.



You can also get 5030 and 5043 props from Hobbyking- $2 and change for six. Usually the black ones also:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=10034

Just ordered up two bags muself.
maukabud is offline Find More Posts by maukabud
Last edited by maukabud; Aug 24, 2011 at 10:46 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2011, 10:44 AM
HELP I AM BEING SET UP!!
maukabud's Avatar
United States, OR, Deschutes
Joined Jul 2009
3,940 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WSEN View Post
Well Binaryclock, I just looked at my Beast and found two creases in the left horizontal stab. When I look from the front the elevator on that side looks to be raised. Wow, thanks for posting the warning. I will wait for you to sober up before showing us how you fixed yours. I am wondering if tape wrapped around the LE of the stab wouldn't do?

Attachment 4232045

Before you guys start goin and taping up your creases, it pays to "steam" them flat w/ a sealing iron and wet paper towel...the steam "puffs up" the foam, back into shape and lessens the severity of creases. Also straightens warps.

Also works good to flatten bubbled decals.

The little "trim" sealing iron works great on small, hard to reach places...full size iron for wings and such. One reason my 4Site lived such a long and productive life....that and my awesome piloting skillz, of course.






Bud, flat and straight Bud
maukabud is offline Find More Posts by maukabud
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2011, 11:07 AM
Registered User
MugMan's Avatar
Elida, Ohio
Joined Apr 2010
154 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wookster View Post
Digimask. It just barely holds onto the vinyl.
The biggest problem is the size of the letters. They are so tiny they don't have enough grip to stay on the backing when they are being cut. I am using a top quality sign lettering vinyl, Oracle 751, so cheap vinyl isn't the problem either. I will order a brand new blade in the near future with a sharper angle and see if that helps.

I dulled the app tape with my finger before application. My beast is getting beat up enough it could have just been a weak spot where it lifted.

Thanks for the Digimask info.

Jack
MugMan is offline Find More Posts by MugMan
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2011, 12:20 PM
24 yrs. of Aircraft flying
epoweredrc's Avatar
United States, GA, Rockmart
Joined Oct 2004
5,720 Posts
Just got one yesterday and flew it first time today seems to fly good, couldn't do much beside a roll here and there was inside a building. Can't wait to take it outside and fly it
rather then read the whole thread is there a better battery for this thing? want more then one but rather not use e flite
epoweredrc is offline Find More Posts by epoweredrc
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2011, 12:56 PM
... UMX Horizon Maniac
SLK Count's Avatar
Hamburg, Germany
Joined Feb 2010
872 Posts
Hi...

as mentioned here is my video with my Beast.
There was no hard road for landing-sorry
enjoy it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNPor..._order&list=UL
SLK Count is offline Find More Posts by SLK Count
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2011, 01:06 PM
Registered User
Joined May 2011
88 Posts
Bud,

Where do you get a sealing iron from? Would you recommend a specific brand?
Aerosheik is offline Find More Posts by Aerosheik
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2011, 01:08 PM
Today's forecast: Summer
92PathSE's Avatar
United States, GA
Joined Apr 2011
224 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by epoweredrc View Post
Just got one yesterday and flew it first time today seems to fly good, couldn't do much beside a roll here and there was inside a building. Can't wait to take it outside and fly it
rather then read the whole thread is there a better battery for this thing? want more then one but rather not use e flite
Scroll up about 5 posts.
92PathSE is offline Find More Posts by 92PathSE
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2011, 01:09 PM
Registered User
Grand Rapids, MI
Joined Jun 2005
1,314 Posts
Thanks Telos!
I'm going to the LHS after work today to get the Beast. Is there any accessories or spare parts not in the box that I should make sure to grab along with it?
Hornetnz is online now Find More Posts by Hornetnz
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2011, 01:12 PM
Registered User
McCarthy, Alaska
Joined Jun 2004
1,133 Posts
Quote:
Before you guys start goin and taping up your creases, it pays to "steam" them flat w/ a sealing iron and wet paper towel...the steam "puffs up" the foam, back into shape and lessens the severity of creases. Also straightens warps.

Also works good to flatten bubbled decals.
Thanks, Bud. Will do.
WSEN is offline Find More Posts by WSEN
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2011, 01:31 PM
HELP I AM BEING SET UP!!
maukabud's Avatar
United States, OR, Deschutes
Joined Jul 2009
3,940 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerosheik View Post
Bud,

Where do you get a sealing iron from? Would you recommend a specific brand?
Tower Hobbies has both the trim and regular sized irons. Probably could shop around...I know Hobbyking has full-size ones, but by the time you factor in shipping it works out about the same $ or even more.

What I use:

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXB365&P=ML

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&P=9&I=LXJD40



Bud, well covered Bud
maukabud is offline Find More Posts by maukabud
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2011, 01:47 PM
24 yrs. of Aircraft flying
epoweredrc's Avatar
United States, GA, Rockmart
Joined Oct 2004
5,720 Posts
well the batt dumped on me and had to make a fast landing caught the corner of the wood wall and broke both ends of the prop. i took sissors and cut both broke ends on a angle think she still fly or need new prop? anyone modding the stock porps like we were the su-26
Already found the weak points of the plane prop,Spinner ( it cracked it) and the elevator half where the two sides join mine got crack there.
epoweredrc is offline Find More Posts by epoweredrc
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2011, 01:54 PM
Augernaut
Wookster's Avatar
United States, KS, Overland Park
Joined Jan 2010
1,367 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MugMan View Post
The biggest problem is the size of the letters. They are so tiny they don't have enough grip to stay on the backing when they are being cut. I am using a top quality sign lettering vinyl, Oracle 751, so cheap vinyl isn't the problem either. I will order a brand new blade in the near future with a sharper angle and see if that helps.

I dulled the app tape with my finger before application. My beast is getting beat up enough it could have just been a weak spot where it lifted.

Thanks for the Digimask info.

Jack
sometimes the cheap stuff may work better, not sure if you have any scrap around, but when it's real small a thinnner cheap vinyl sometimes helps out. it's not as high quality so it is thinner and softer and the blade passes through better. another "trick" is to use a light oil, something that won't stick to the rollers and be impossible to clean on the face of the graphic. lowers the resistance. just clean it off before you weed it. I hate small cut vinyl, but the result sure looks cool.
Wookster is offline Find More Posts by Wookster
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2011, 02:30 PM
I fly em', there for I am.
SBOTI74's Avatar
United States, CA, Tehachapi
Joined Feb 2009
667 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hornetnz View Post
Thanks Telos!
I'm going to the LHS after work today to get the Beast. Is there any accessories or spare parts not in the box that I should make sure to grab along with it?
Make sure you open the box and do a function test before walking out of the LHS. There has been a rash of bad servos out there and a few have reported bad/misaligned control surfaces... Just check.

Also, I would suggest getting some 5043 props. At least a couple of them but if you want to keep the stock prop, grab a couple either way..

Other than that, you should be good to go..
SBOTI74 is online now Find More Posts by SBOTI74
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion ParkZone Ultra Micro T-28!!! THE Owners Thread!!!! dkintx Micro Ready-to-Fly 9912 Today 05:18 AM
Official Parkzone P-51 Owners Thread - Part 2 monitor Parkflyers 2602 Jun 15, 2014 04:51 PM
Discussion UM beast, Now your talking qman Micro Ready-to-Fly 102 Dec 22, 2010 10:39 AM
Discussion The first OFFICIAL Parkzone Sukhoi SU-26XP BNF by ParkZone Owners thread skyjet Micro Ready-to-Fly 2 Mar 19, 2010 03:00 PM
Official Parkzone P-51 Owners Thread monitor Parkflyers 913 Oct 04, 2005 09:02 PM