HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 10, 2011, 08:52 PM
I hate winter!
Canada, ON, Barrie
Joined Jul 2011
1,737 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by telos81 View Post
Yeah ... I have to agree - I've been using 160 Hyperions with the Y connnector (glenn's from rc-connectors.com) and the performance is noticeably better even compared to the stock 120 it comes with ... I tried to use e-flite 150s with the connector, but the performance was weak and they were pretty warm to the touch (almost hot) after just 4 minutes of flight.

Hyperions are just great batteries. All the report are 100% true
Okay, you guys got me to bite. Eight hyperion 1s 180s ordered - I'll connect them using a y-harness These will work no probs on the beast, right?
binaryclock is offline Find More Posts by binaryclock
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 10, 2011, 08:56 PM
Joined Nov 2004
857 Posts
5043 is the answer....

Fast, extra control authority, TRULY unlimited vertical. I use it with 180 Hyp homemade packs and all is well.
ho50ca is offline Find More Posts by ho50ca
Old Aug 10, 2011, 08:59 PM
MJF
Waiting Fer Da SEFF
United States, GA, Perry
Joined Jul 2010
1,318 Posts
Got lots of flights this afternoon....No thunderstorms today ,thanks god

Took beast to field and lots of pilots were amazed.....thinking of putting lights on it now.....

Beast= funFUNfunFunfunFUNfunFunfunFUNfunFunfunFUNfunFunfu nFUNfunFunfunFUNfunFunfunFUNfunFunfunFUNfunFun
MJF is offline Find More Posts by MJF
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: got another plane
Joined Sep 2010
3,730 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by barnyardflyer View Post
I tried that but I felt like I was crushing the plane and the screwdriver was just spinning without really gripping the screw head unless I put an extreme amount of force in both directions.
I see you got it, but get some better screwdrivers. You will strip out the head of the screw and not be able to tighten or loosen it. It turns easy if you have the right screwdriver.
bobly is online now Find More Posts by bobly
United States, CT, Glastonbury Center
Joined May 2007
1,441 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dFlyer88 View Post
what y connector are we speaking of?
im also on the fence about the 5030 prop. Do we think its a decent option or maybe someones using another prop of some sort?
This Y connector

http://www.rc-connectors.com/index.p...roducts_id=251

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaryclock View Post
Okay, you guys got me to bite. Eight hyperion 1s 180s ordered - I'll connect them using a y-harness These will work no probs on the beast, right?
you won't be disappointed ... They will work great on the Beast with the Y connector ... You can try the Nanos, but I think you'll notice the performance decrease ... Plus the beast draws so much power - the Nanos can't really keep up - they will not last many cycles ... But at least they are cheap. They are fine in Champs and T28s and Vapors
telos81 is offline Find More Posts by telos81
Old Aug 10, 2011, 09:03 PM
MJF
Waiting Fer Da SEFF
United States, GA, Perry
Joined Jul 2010
1,318 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobly View Post
I see you got it, but get some better screwdrivers. You will strip out the head of the screw and not be able to tighten or loosen it. It turns easy if you have the right screwdriver.

Snapon or Matco Makes nice'ins
MJF is offline Find More Posts by MJF
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: got another plane
Old Aug 10, 2011, 09:33 PM
Fly it like you STOL it!
USA, VA, Spotsylvania
Joined Jan 2011
3,995 Posts
Kobalt's pretty good too. They make nice stuff.
Endlesslag is offline Find More Posts by Endlesslag
Old Aug 10, 2011, 09:57 PM
HELP I AM BEING SET UP!!
United States, OR, Deschutes
Joined Jul 2009
3,940 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJF View Post
Snapon or Matco Makes nice'ins
So is it an odd size Phillips...like a JIS (Japan Industry Standard) or something?
maukabud is offline Find More Posts by maukabud
Old Aug 10, 2011, 10:44 PM
is it supposed to smoke??
canada alberta outside edmonton
Joined Apr 2007
2,918 Posts
yeah think ill just make some of my own. I had to go out for another flight tonite with no wind and geez just cant believe how far micros have come. Gonna have to order some 5043 props.
3dFlyer88 is offline Find More Posts by 3dFlyer88
Old Aug 10, 2011, 10:48 PM
United States, CT, Glastonbury Center
Joined May 2007
1,441 Posts
Quote:
yeah think ill just make some of my own. I had to go out for another flight tonite with no wind and geez just cant believe how far micros have come. Gonna have to order some 5043 props.
Seriously. I was out of this hobby for a couple years ... Got back into it this summer ... I can hardle believe how much has happened in the last two years. Just amazing.
telos81 is offline Find More Posts by telos81
Old Aug 10, 2011, 10:52 PM
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
6,975 Posts
Quote:
Seriously. I was out of this hobby for a couple years ... Got back into it this summer ... I can hardle believe how much has happened in the last two years. Just amazing.
I got out around 1990. Just think what I'm experiencing... wow... fuu-uuu-UN!
erkq is offline Find More Posts by erkq
Old Aug 10, 2011, 11:33 PM
is it supposed to smoke??
canada alberta outside edmonton
Joined Apr 2007
2,918 Posts
Quote:
Yeah i left the hobby after the micro sukhoi released. I just recently got back into edf jets and now back into micros. Its crazy to see how far this hobby can advance in such a short time. Didnt think id bee seeing micros with brushless motors in em yet.

On a side note im thinking about changing my tx to a dx8 anyone have one hear and if so you love it more then a dx6i?
3dFlyer88 is offline Find More Posts by 3dFlyer88
Old Aug 11, 2011, 06:25 AM
Indianapolis, IN
Joined Oct 2010
1,864 Posts
Got the beast last night at the local Hobbytown USA, price matched Horizon's webiste and has all of them marked at the $99.99 price now. The website still shows $169.99.

Too windy last night and was crazy busy didn't even get to take her out of the box!
IndyMatt is offline Find More Posts by IndyMatt
Old Aug 11, 2011, 07:24 AM
"Add Lightness"..Colin Chapman
Keystone State, USA
Joined Jun 2007
1,139 Posts
Quote:
Yeah i left the hobby after the micro sukhoi released. I just recently got back into edf jets and now back into micros. Its crazy to see how far this hobby can advance in such a short time. Didnt think id bee seeing micros with brushless motors in em yet.

On a side note im thinking about changing my tx to a dx8 anyone have one hear and if so you love it more then a dx6i?

I have a DX8 on the way (got it for a good deal from a forum member) and I'm curious if I will like it more than my DX6i. If I don't find it's worth it, it may be up for sale soon!
Elisecat is offline Find More Posts by Elisecat
Old Aug 11, 2011, 07:31 AM
Today's forecast: Summer
United States, GA
Joined Apr 2011
224 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elisecat View Post
I have a DX8 on the way (got it for a good deal from a forum member) and I'm curious if I will like it more than my DX6i. If I don't find it's worth it, it may be up for sale soon!
I really like the DX8. Just make sure you didn't get an early one, unless it's been fixed already. v2.02 firmware and a HC PID is a good sign that it's not affected.
92PathSE is offline Find More Posts by 92PathSE