HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 27, 2010, 06:17 AM
Chicago Northwest subs
Joined Jan 2007
2,240 Posts
[QUOTE=sneasle;15896905

Sadly many of those books are hard to find in print today.

.[/QUOTE]

That's one of the downsides to the internet. Sure, you can get information very quickly, but a lot of information from the past isn't there. A lot of information is also erroneous or superficial for the sake of brevity. I hit the Wiki as much as anyone I know, but I know a lot of detail is missing. When it becomes this easy to research, the art of researching becomes lost or dulled.
Quick! Hang out with a WWII vet soon and get some stories. You'll both be glad you did! Sorry to go way OT, but we're nearly two months away from the release date of this plane, and we're already 570 posts into it! Great to hear from the designer of the FS Beast. Welcome to the forums, Kevin!
MR2
minirips2 is offline Find More Posts by minirips2
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 27, 2010, 06:19 AM
We Do It With FRQZ
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Aug 2009
2,152 Posts
you cant expect to stay on topic two months from a release date
and note we are talking to a man who has designed more than one aircraft for HH so naturally we will ask questions aboutthose if HH produces a python bet your sweet ass ill be buying that!
dkintx is offline Find More Posts by dkintx
Old Aug 27, 2010, 06:22 AM
Chicago Northwest subs
Joined Jan 2007
2,240 Posts
It'd be sweet if these threads had a bookmark, so we'd know exactly when the product was in hand, so we could get right to the flight reports/mods. Just sayin'.
minirips2 is offline Find More Posts by minirips2
Old Aug 27, 2010, 06:30 AM
We Do It With FRQZ
Joined Aug 2009
2,152 Posts
agreed but hey, its got two more months we can only say so many things til its released this is the drem up thread til its here am i right? this is the thread where HH gets to brags and boast and we get to sit her and pull our hair out, and count sheep.
Old Aug 27, 2010, 06:42 AM
Sheboygan Falls, WI
Joined Nov 2006
1,730 Posts
I am surprised that no one is bringing up what they plan to do with the guts after they crash, wonder if it would fit into a sukhoi
interplanet is offline Find More Posts by interplanet
Old Aug 27, 2010, 06:45 AM
We Do It With FRQZ
Joined Aug 2009
2,152 Posts
oh i have long thought about this to myself i want it in the p-51 then the sukhoi then the t-28! maybe my champ to tow up a small glider!
Old Aug 27, 2010, 07:19 AM
We Do It With FRQZ
Joined Aug 2009
2,152 Posts
This is w/ QQ behind the sticks .

RCU Event Coverage - Joe Nall 2009 - Quique Somenzini Demo Flight (6 min 57 sec)

are you speechless... what you have nothing to say..... dont worry cause i now suck too!!!!

kevin you have designed the most amazing plane i have ever layed my eyes on and i have been to many many airshows, this plane is simply well it leaves me at a loss for words..... idk what to do with myself... i just crapped my pants and cried infront of eveyone here at work.
Last edited by dkintx; Aug 27, 2010 at 07:28 AM.
Old Aug 27, 2010, 07:43 AM
Custom airplanes and boats
Zellwood, FL
Joined Aug 2010
270 Posts
Sneasle,

Thanks for the kind words.

I think dk's relative may have been in a replica Travel Air Mystery ship during a 1995 test flight instead of a gee bee.

The Gee Bee Z used in the Rocketeer Movie was a loosely accurate replica built in the mid 1970's in California. It was actually larger than the REAL Z model. It was sold 2 times before being purchased for the movie in the 80's.

We built our Gee Bee Z over a period from 1993-1996 using original data, info from Granville family, friends, and employees that were still alive when we visited with them during those years. This was after the movie with the other Z in it. Accuracy was important to us to learn how a Gee Bee actually flew. We didn't want some other airplane with a Gee Bee paint scheme on it.

To me, this sense of accuracy is important. That is why the BEAST, or any of our airplanes for that matter, in RC form needs to be accurate enough to represent the full size. QQ and HH understand how important this is to me and that is why I have aligned myself with these fine people. Modeling of full scale airplanes is based on that connection between the modeler and full scale counterpart. If a person looking at a model of the BEAST says... "It IS the BEAST!..Only smaller!!" I am pleased.
kjkimball is offline Find More Posts by kjkimball
Old Aug 27, 2010, 07:46 AM
We Do It With FRQZ
Joined Aug 2009
2,152 Posts
well if someone had the balls to do this in the full size im sure its capable id just like to see them not red out from negative g's lol
Old Aug 27, 2010, 07:52 AM
Sheboygan Falls, WI
Joined Nov 2006
1,730 Posts
hey kj, based on your on going projects with hh and just a speculation from your website, I think a model 12 might be in the future somewhere????
Old Aug 27, 2010, 07:56 AM
Way to many airplanes!
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2009
5,489 Posts
I think I'll cancel my preorder of the Beast... There's no way I'm buying an RC plane that has been fine tuned for "only" 7 years...

I would rather stick two pieces of styrofoam together with the the cheapest electronic I can find

Seriously, it's been one week since I pre-ordered it, and it's not here yet?

For people wondering about how long this thread will be until the Beast show up, don't worry, I'm sure there will be another thread like "Thread for proud owner of the Beast" when they start showing in our hobby shops.
RealGambler is offline Find More Posts by RealGambler
Old Aug 27, 2010, 08:00 AM
Custom airplanes and boats
Zellwood, FL
Joined Aug 2010
270 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by interplanet View Post
hey kj, based on your on going projects with hh and just a speculation from your website, I think a model 12 might be in the future somewhere????
They already do the eFlite model 12. Have for years. It is fair to say there will be more to come from HH/QQ/KK collaborations. I just don't know what or when.
kjkimball is offline Find More Posts by kjkimball
Old Aug 27, 2010, 08:03 AM
We Do It With FRQZ
Joined Aug 2009
2,152 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjkimball View Post
They already do the eFlite model 12. Have for years. It is fair to say there will be more to come from HH/QQ/KK collaborations. I just don't know what or when.
yall better do a python..... seriously... i love that plane screw micro make a 480 size!!!!
Old Aug 27, 2010, 08:04 AM
Sheboygan Falls, WI
Joined Nov 2006
1,730 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjkimball View Post
I know, i meant umx model 12, since they at least know the design concept of a bipe works for the micro series.
Old Aug 27, 2010, 08:08 AM
We Do It With FRQZ
Joined Aug 2009
2,152 Posts
python is a bipe too!!!