SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 26, 2010, 08:47 PM
Pastor of Muppets \m/
United States, TX, Odessa
Joined Mar 2010
967 Posts
Awesome. Thanks for all of the input Kevin. It is an amazing plane and I am sure it will be an amazing UM. Any chance you could spill the beans on a bigger PZ or E-Flite Beast?
major.monogram is offline Find More Posts by major.monogram
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 26, 2010, 08:51 PM
We Do It With FRQZ
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Aug 2009
2,119 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by major.monogram View Post
Awesome. Thanks for all of the input Kevin. It is an amazing plane and I am sure it will be an amazing UM. Any chance you could spill the beans on a bigger PZ or E-Flite Beast?
hey hangar 9 makes a 100cc version for the small price of only $1000!!! haha
dkintx is offline Find More Posts by dkintx
Old Aug 26, 2010, 09:18 PM
Custom airplanes and boats
Zellwood, FL
Joined Aug 2010
237 Posts
Major,

Spill the Beans?!?! Sure!!

There is the .....hmm. Can't say.....
And then there is talk of a.... NOPE!!!..can't mention that either....
Oh yeah! What about the....Dang it!!! Hushed again...GEEZZ!
I guess there aren't any RC beans I CAN spill....

I can spill JKE beans though. We are busy in our shop working on 2 new model 12 two seaters. Both custom builds with 410hp 10,000 cc engines and VERY complex paint schemes. One will be based in SC and the other in GA. Other than that, trying to find some time to fly RC but it has been SOOOO hot here after work, just not having fun with it.
kjkimball is offline Find More Posts by kjkimball
Old Aug 26, 2010, 09:27 PM
We Do It With FRQZ
Joined Aug 2009
2,119 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjkimball View Post
Major,

Spill the Beans?!?! Sure!!

There is the .....hmm. Can't say.....
And then there is talk of a.... NOPE!!!..can't mention that either....
Oh yeah! What about the....Dang it!!! Hushed again...GEEZZ!
I guess there aren't any RC beans I CAN spill....

I can spill JKE beans though. We are busy in our shop working on 2 new model 12 two seaters. Both custom builds with 410hp 10,000 cc engines and VERY complex paint schemes. One will be based in SC and the other in GA. Other than that, trying to find some time to fly RC but it has been SOOOO hot here after work, just not having fun with it.
mr. kevin you need fpv so you can fly from the comfort of an air conditioned car through a pair of goggles where you see from a pilots view!!! the even have micro fpv for the beast!!
Old Aug 26, 2010, 09:34 PM
Sheboygan Falls, WI
Joined Nov 2006
1,729 Posts
kj,
What did you think of the entrance to the eea museum, I know you are a guy that can appreciate bipe's, I have been there quite a bit being 30 min from my house, but the bipes on the ceiling still get me every time
interplanet is offline Find More Posts by interplanet
Old Aug 26, 2010, 09:35 PM
Sheboygan Falls, WI
Joined Nov 2006
1,729 Posts
also being a geebee lover myself, that geebee z is NICE!
interplanet is offline Find More Posts by interplanet
Old Aug 26, 2010, 09:52 PM
We Do It With FRQZ
Joined Aug 2009
2,119 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by interplanet View Post
also being a geebee lover myself, that geebee z is NICE!
my uncle was geebee stunt pilot a little fact everyone who has climbed in the geebee later died in the geebee its a cursed airplane including my uncle he died in an oklahoma city airshow flying a red and black geebee he was also the first american to own the su26 sukhoi!
Old Aug 26, 2010, 10:22 PM
Custom airplanes and boats
Zellwood, FL
Joined Aug 2010
237 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkintx View Post
my uncle was geebee stunt pilot a little fact everyone who has climbed in the geebee later died in the geebee its a cursed airplane including my uncle he died in an oklahoma city airshow flying a red and black geebee he was also the first american to own the su26 sukhoi!
Sorry to hear about your uncle. Not all Gee Bee pilots died in Gee Bee airplanes. I know of a few who died of old age and I know of 2 that are still alive today. Are you sure your uncle was in a red and black gee bee? What was his name? Do you know more about that, when, which airplane, etc? Do you know which Sukhoi he owned?
kjkimball is offline Find More Posts by kjkimball
Old Aug 26, 2010, 10:24 PM
Gulf Breeze, FL
Joined Jul 2006
2,892 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloakscott View Post
Wow this thread has taken a turn for the ad hominem...
Oweee...big word that sums a lot up... but says nothing. Accordingly I'll also add nothing: ad hominem is an adjective!

Gene K
speedy01 is online now Find More Posts by speedy01
Old Aug 26, 2010, 10:28 PM
We Do It With FRQZ
Joined Aug 2009
2,119 Posts
Quote:
Sorry to hear about your uncle. Not all Gee Bee pilots died in Gee Bee airplanes. I know of a few who died of old age and I know of 2 that are still alive today. Are you sure your uncle was in a red and black gee bee? What was his name? Do you know more about that, when, which airplane, etc? Do you know which Sukhoi he owned?
i have videos i will look he was my great uncle and i was very small haha im only 20 but i remember the crash and my dad crying but i do not remember what was goin on or why... of corse now i know ill txt him and ask really quick

h8 to say it but i think those gee bee pilots are doomed
they have the curse
Last edited by dkintx; Aug 26, 2010 at 10:38 PM.
Old Aug 26, 2010, 10:49 PM
We Do It With FRQZ
Joined Aug 2009
2,119 Posts
kevin

so our last knight is knight everytime i look up my last name with the aircraft to find him i find the golden knights for the gee bee and the russian knights for the sukhois i cant win to loose lol
Old Aug 27, 2010, 12:05 AM
Park Stormer
United States, NJ, Brooklawn
Joined Jul 2008
823 Posts
Quote:
Hmm... Seems like every airplane that flew after December 17, 1903 is in some part a copy.....right?
Truth. The world needs more single engine, twin prop, bi-canardel biplanes.

AggressorBLUE is offline Find More Posts by AggressorBLUE
Old Aug 27, 2010, 01:09 AM
War Eagle!
United States, AL, Huntsville
Joined Sep 2006
2,843 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkintx View Post
kevin

so our last knight is knight everytime i look up my last name with the aircraft to find him i find the golden knights for the gee bee and the russian knights for the sukhois i cant win to loose lol

http://www.centennialofflight.gov/es..._Bees/EX23.htm

A good source to start with. I think I remember seeing the name Knight when I did some GB research last year, but I can't say for sure.

Sadly many of those books are hard to find in print today.

Edit:

Hey Kevin, you should join us at the fly in at Greg's in October, I'd love to meet you but I doubt I'll have the time to make it to Oshkosh in the near future.
sneasle is offline Find More Posts by sneasle
Old Aug 27, 2010, 01:10 AM
We Do It With FRQZ
Joined Aug 2009
2,119 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sneasle View Post
http://www.centennialofflight.gov/es..._Bees/EX23.htm

A good source to start with. I think I remember seeing the name Knight when I did some GB research last year, but I can't say for sure.

Sadly many of those books are hard to find in print today.
much appriciated and thats one sweet avatar!
Old Aug 27, 2010, 01:27 AM
War Eagle!
United States, AL, Huntsville
Joined Sep 2006
2,843 Posts
Good ol P-40, one of my favorites, right there with the P-51. My all time favorite will always be the GeeBeeZ though.

Can't claim that as my work though, swiped it off the internet somewhere.

Lots of good GB info out there if you are willing to take the time to look. I had forgotten that Kimball had build the replica for The Rocketeer, that movie was one of the many that helped me fall in love with aviation as a kid. I watched it so many times I wore out the VHS....
sneasle is offline Find More Posts by sneasle