SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 20, 2010, 03:49 PM
Joined Jan 2008
721 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by trust416 View Post
when was the last time you had an eye exam?
When i passed my FAA medical exam last year.
wrcsti is offline Find More Posts by wrcsti
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 20, 2010, 03:51 PM
When's the next fly-in?
Tanner, Alabama
Joined Oct 2003
6,445 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrcsti View Post
Say what you will but in my eyes its a sukhoi with 4site wings.
The only thing about it that resembles a Sukhoi is the fact that it has a round cowl (because the full-scale uses a radial engine).
dee-grose is offline Find More Posts by dee-grose
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 20, 2010, 03:53 PM
Joined Jan 2008
721 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dee-grose View Post
The only thing about it that resembles a Sukhoi is the fact that it has a round cowl (because the full-scale uses a radial engine).
Except for the tail the whole fuse is almost exact to the suk. yea i thought about the round cowl skewing my view but the canopy placement, size and shape except for the plastic part are very similar.
Old Aug 20, 2010, 04:03 PM
When's the next fly-in?
Tanner, Alabama
Joined Oct 2003
6,445 Posts
Similar...maybe, but then aren't all aerobatic planes similar?
dee-grose is offline Find More Posts by dee-grose
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 20, 2010, 04:04 PM
Joined Jun 2010
163 Posts
Quote:
Except for the tail the whole fuse is almost exact to the suk. yea i thought about the round cowl skewing my view but the canopy placement, size and shape except for the plastic part are very similar.
Is this a bad thing? Perhaps we get a 2S Sukhoi-esque UMX soon too!

-scott
cloakscott is offline Find More Posts by cloakscott
Old Aug 20, 2010, 04:15 PM
Joined Jan 2008
721 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloakscott View Post
Is this a bad thing? Perhaps we get a 2S Sukhoi-esque UMX soon too!

-scott
Nah its not bad. I like the looks of the suk. Also i do agree on all aerobatic planes looking the same.
Old Aug 20, 2010, 04:31 PM
Joined Mar 2010
1,755 Posts
I might buy this to replace my PZ Extra. I love the way the Extra flies, but it's just to fast for the park I fly in. There's not enough room to do anything more than a quick roll or two before I have to pull up and turn around.
DFflyer is offline Find More Posts by DFflyer
Old Aug 20, 2010, 04:33 PM
London, England
Joined Apr 2007
206 Posts
Dew, Grass, fireplace ash, submerged in the river, my Blade mSR has seen it all and the servos look similar, never skipped a beat still fly's great. The Beast looks like it will slow down enough especially with a bit of flaperon mix, I think you will get more damage to leading edge than the servos and wreck that ace paint job. Just get it to the UK quick, I need to have and fly this plane. Nice work HH!
pilatus mike is offline Find More Posts by pilatus mike
Old Aug 20, 2010, 04:56 PM
No, I dont work for HH ;)
Southampton, Hampshire, UK
Joined Sep 2009
3,786 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilatus mike View Post
Just get it to the UK quick, I need to have and fly this plane. Nice work HH!
True that! Our summer is nearly at it's end!
Bowerz is offline Find More Posts by Bowerz
Old Aug 20, 2010, 05:20 PM
Sussex, UK
Crawley, West Sussex, UK
Joined Jun 2004
7,374 Posts
Quote:
Only other option is a roll-out runway
A chainsaw would work too ;-)
RobinBennett is offline Find More Posts by RobinBennett
Old Aug 20, 2010, 05:30 PM
Way to many airplanes!
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2009
5,489 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilatus mike View Post
Dew, Grass, fireplace ash, submerged in the river, my Blade mSR has seen it all and the servos look similar, never skipped a beat still fly's great. The Beast looks like it will slow down enough especially with a bit of flaperon mix, I think you will get more damage to leading edge than the servos and wreck that ace paint job. Just get it to the UK quick, I need to have and fly this plane. Nice work HH!

Fireplace ash???? I guess it's better than if there would have been a fire going in the fireplace when you "decided" it was a good place to land!!!

The more I read about this plane, the more I'm silently thanking HH staff for such a nice design. Didn't cut corners anywhere.

Flaperons? check
Brushless? check
Good looking? check
cable for using two 1S battery: CHECK (would have made my own, but the guy who said that this cable had to be available on day one, deserve a small bonus!)
KnifeEdge loop? CHECK (Better have lots of spare wings and parts because I'll be working on my K-E-Loops on day 1 for sure...)

My only small pet peeve is still no PNP like the 4-Site. But I'll survive!
RealGambler is offline Find More Posts by RealGambler
Old Aug 20, 2010, 05:33 PM
Joined Mar 2010
1,755 Posts
There's probably no PNP because they know all the people who want one will just give in and buy the BNF anway, like me!
DFflyer is offline Find More Posts by DFflyer
Old Aug 20, 2010, 05:41 PM
Figure 9 Expert
USA
Joined Feb 2007
665 Posts
Would love to have a pnp kit for this plane, I really do not need the charger nor the battery.
Chompers is offline Find More Posts by Chompers
Old Aug 20, 2010, 05:48 PM
Custom airplanes and boats
Zellwood, FL
Joined Aug 2010
269 Posts
Quote:
The fuselages of the UM suk and UMX Beast are different in size and design. No matter what your 'eyes' tell you, these are completely different aircraft and I am pretty sure the UMX beast doesn't borrow airframe parts from the other airplanes. For example, looking the specs on HH site:

Suk xp 14.3" long
Beast 15.7" long
14.7" span lower straight, upper swept wings
4 site 15.2" span tapered wings

Your eyes might fool you on the full scale airplanes too. Many think the model 12 and single seaters like the BEAST are simply biplane sukhois. Not the case at all.

Lets wait and fly these some ourselves before assuming better ways to build it what props to use etc. A wealth of talent and totally new technology has been poured into this airplane over the last 1+ years by QQ and all the other talented folks who worked on this project. It truly is amazing and sets a new high mark in UM airplanes.
kjkimball is online now Find More Posts by kjkimball
Old Aug 20, 2010, 06:33 PM
HELP I AM BEING SET UP!!
United States, OR, Deschutes
Joined Jul 2009
3,940 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjkimball View Post
Bud and others,

Re: Full scale airshow machines.

Tucker's current airplane is NOT a Pitts, is not made up of Model 12 or PITTS or EAGLE parts. It is a clean sheet of paper design by Steve Wolf originally created for Wyche Coleman of Louisiana. Steve and his crew built the Yellow one for Wyche, Tucker flew it and ordered an airframe from wolf. The airplane Tucker bailed out of a few years ago had some pitts and eagle parts in it as well as Wolf parts.

The Beast is one of 4 singe seater Model 12s we have built here. We produce the Model 12 plans, kits, and complete airplanes. There are no Pitts or Eagle parts in a model 12, Beast, etc. We designed and built the Beast for Bryan Jensen who flies it in airshows.

I worked with Quique/HH with details on the Beast 100 and the UMX Beast. The exclusive arrangement we have with HH for the aircraft we build gives us great confidence that we can be proud to associate with the people and products that carry our names. I am very pleased with both Beasts, 100 and UMX, and will have at least one as soon as they come out.

Kevin Kimball
Thank you Kevin for the clarification! Much appreciated.

Bud, luvs the details Bud
maukabud is offline Find More Posts by maukabud