SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 16, 2013, 09:59 PM
Way to many airplanes!
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2009
5,489 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker View Post
That's the kind of airline pilot I want to fly with! If I'm in a passenger jet & something screws up, there are four pilots I'd want to have in the Captain's seat. Capt. Robert Pearson, Capt. "Sully" Sullenberger, Bob Hoover, or John Mohr. If we're talking light-planes, there is a fifth. My dad.

Joel
Sure.... I can see the pilot speaking during one of your "safe" 747 commercial flight:

"This is your pilot speaking. On your left, you can see the Caiman Islands. Oh wait, let me knife edge my airplane so you can see it better!"

OR

"Hi, this is your pilot again. Some passengers have complained that the wing is blocking their view, so for the rest of the flight, I will fly inverted. Please buckle up"
RealGambler is offline Find More Posts by RealGambler
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 16, 2013, 11:32 PM
United States, VA, Culpeper
Joined Dec 2012
234 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckleanth View Post
if you are using the 9xr and the orange dsm2 module make sure the expected channels out from the tx are going to the rx of the beast. if not you need to change the channel order on your tx
Will do, unfortunately my 9xr arrived today, my best 3d should show up tomorrow along with the tx battery but I ordered my orange dsm2 module from HK on sunday and it still hasn't shipped out from hong kong . I can't believe they don't stock the modules in the U.S. warehouse.
live2rc is offline Find More Posts by live2rc
Old Jan 17, 2013, 12:25 AM
Exodus 4:13
United States, FL, Davenport
Joined May 2012
9,082 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker View Post
Sean Tucker does things with a full-scale biplane that were nearly impossible for all but the highest-performance RC planes only a couple of decades ago. Brian Jensen's Beast used to be the highest-performance biplane in the world, but Sean's custom-built 1220 lb, 400 HP Challenger III (with eight ailerons!) now takes that honor. Sean practices his routine three times a day, and he works out 340+ days a year just so he can endure the extreme physical demands.]

Joel
I was thinking wow, cool, he was hangng on the prop....5 seconds later HOLY SMOKES DID HE JUST DO A POPTOP IN A FREAKING FULL SIZE BIPE?!?!

I always enjoy skip Stewart's performances as well. Some reeeealllly cool knife edge flights.

Thanks for the videos Joel
bhoov128 is offline Find More Posts by bhoov128
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Snice Slick
Old Jan 17, 2013, 10:02 AM
United States, OH, Cincinnati
Joined Sep 2010
1,653 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erkq View Post
They're cheap! Around 10 bucks.
Parallel chargers? Yeah...they're not that much. Just annoyed because this is also my first 2S plane, so I have to buy lipos, too. Not a bad problem to have, mind you.
BryanEW710 is offline Find More Posts by BryanEW710
Old Jan 17, 2013, 11:50 AM
**I'm Battman**
Twin Falls, Idaho
Joined Jan 2005
8,642 Posts
Parallel Charging UM batts:

It doesn't take an expensive charger to parallel charge these 1S, 2S & 3S UM batts.
My Turnigy Accucell-6 chargers are over three years old and used daily.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idproduct=7028

The Thunder AC6 is another excellent inexpensive AC/DC charger option.
http://www.hobbypartz.com/thac6smbachw.html

I prefer to use parallel charge cords.
They are compact and make parallel charging in lipo sacks, very convenient.
I keep an ACC-6 charger and parallel charge cords in my flight bag at all times.

1S parallel charge info:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=2729

I'll be adding a new inexpensive 6-port (1S) parallel charge harness to my inventory next week.
$6.95

Same parallel charge principles apply to 2S & 3S UM batts.
I sell a Six-port (2S) parallel JST-PH charge & balance harness.
$8.95 (pic #2)

Glenn at RC-C makes a custom 6-port (3S) JST-XH parallel charge harness.
http://www.rc-connectors.com/index.p...l0j18b2q6dh657
(pic #3)
RCBABBEL is offline Find More Posts by RCBABBEL
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 17, 2013, 01:24 PM
Exodus 4:13
United States, FL, Davenport
Joined May 2012
9,082 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCBABBEL View Post
It doesn't take an expensive charger to parallel charge these 1S, 2S & 3S UM batts.

The Thunder AC6 is another excellent inexpensive AC/DC charger option.
http://www.hobbypartz.com/thac6smbachw.html

I prefer to use parallel charge cords.
They are compact and make parallel charging in lipo sacks, very convenient.
I keep an ACC-6 charger and parallel charge cords in my flight bag at all times.

1S parallel charge info:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=2729

I'll be adding a new inexpensive 6-port (1S) parallel charge harness to my inventory next week.
$6.95

Same parallel charge principles apply to 2S & 3S UM batts.
I sell a Six-port (2S) parallel JST-PH charge & balance harness.
$8.95 (pic #2)

Glenn at RC-C makes a custom 6-port (3S) JST-XH parallel charge harness.
http://www.rc-connectors.com/index.p...l0j18b2q6dh657
(pic #3)
Can I ask a stupid question? I know when charging 1s lipos or 2s lipos in parallel with those cords you add the capacities together to pick which amperage you charge at. Do you still charge as if it's a 2-cell pack or 1-cell? For instance my Sky Power B6AC auto-detects cell count, would it auto-detect 2S if I'm charging say 4 2-cell lipos in parallel?
bhoov128 is offline Find More Posts by bhoov128
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Snice Slick
Old Jan 17, 2013, 01:32 PM
Joined Sep 2010
1,653 Posts
Quote:
Yep...already have a charge I use for my 1 and 3s lipos. I guess I really should have been more clear and said that I'd need to buy another Paraboard or set of parallel charge cables that use the UMX connector (unless someone's going to tell me that they just use a standard balance plug). I already have a parallel board for 1s and a XT60 Paraboard--I just didn't want to buy another peripheral.

bhoov128...starting Saturday...LET'S GO PENS
Old Jan 17, 2013, 02:08 PM
**I'm Battman**
Twin Falls, Idaho
Joined Jan 2005
8,642 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhoov128 View Post
Can I ask a stupid question? I know when charging 1s lipos or 2s lipos in parallel with those cords you add the capacities together to pick which amperage you charge at. Do you still charge as if it's a 2-cell pack or 1-cell? For instance my Sky Power B6AC auto-detects cell count, would it auto-detect 2S if I'm charging say 4 2-cell lipos in parallel?
Yes.
Charge all the 1S batts together as if they were a large 1S batt. (3.7V)

Same goes for 2S batts. (7.4V)

Never mix cell counts.

"Sky Power B6AC auto-detects cell count, would it auto-detect 2S if I'm charging say 4 2-cell lipos in parallel?"

I would guess yes.
Let us know.

rc
RCBABBEL is offline Find More Posts by RCBABBEL
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 17, 2013, 02:16 PM
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
7,868 Posts
Quote:
Yes.
Charge all the 1S batts together as if they were a large 1S batt. (3.7V)

Same goes for 2S batts. (7.4V)

Never mix cell counts.

"Sky Power B6AC auto-detects cell count, would it auto-detect 2S if I'm charging say 4 2-cell lipos in parallel?"

I would guess yes.
Let us know.

rc
Just to add: multiply the charging amps by the number of batteries you are charging. For example, if you are parallel charging four batteries you normally charge at 1.3 amps you can up that to 5.2 amps. But make sure the connection to each battery is good! Otherwise you may charge the remaining batteries at too high a rate. What I do may sound fiddly, but it goes very quickly. You should check each battery's charge state individually anyway before you gang them together. Just use the lead that will be used to charge it to check it. That way you know the connection is good.
erkq is offline Find More Posts by erkq
Old Jan 17, 2013, 02:38 PM
United States, FL, Eustis
Joined Oct 2012
434 Posts
While we are on the subject does anyone know why I am limited to charging my batteries to 1.8 amps? I have a turnigy accucel 6. If I go beyond that I get an input volume error and it stops. Limit of the power cord and/or outlet that I am using? It isn't that big since I don't NEED to charge them faster than that, but it might be nice to.
AustinG is offline Find More Posts by AustinG
Old Jan 17, 2013, 02:39 PM
Joined Sep 2010
1,653 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanEW710 View Post
I guess I really should have been more clear and said that I'd need to buy another Paraboard or set of parallel charge cables that use the UMX connector (unless someone's going to tell me that they just use a standard balance plug). I already have a parallel board for 1s and a XT60 Paraboard--I just didn't want to buy another peripheral.
Am I correct here that I would need to buy a whole new charging board or cables for the UMX 2S lipos?
Old Jan 17, 2013, 02:45 PM
United States, FL, Eustis
Joined Oct 2012
434 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanEW710 View Post
Am I correct here that I would need to buy a whole new charging board or cables for the UMX 2S lipos?
Correct the 2s batteries won't plug in. You can get one for 2s batteries for under $10 from RCBabbel though.
AustinG is offline Find More Posts by AustinG
Old Jan 17, 2013, 02:52 PM
Joined Sep 2010
1,653 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinG View Post
Correct the 2s batteries won't plug in. You can get one for 2s batteries for under $10 from RCBabbel though.
I'll hit him up for one. I need to get over being disappointed that I got an awesome BRAND NEW plane for free
Old Jan 17, 2013, 07:16 PM
AKA Boomhauer
Arkansas
Joined May 2008
291 Posts
Quote:
While we are on the subject does anyone know why I am limited to charging my batteries to 1.8 amps? I have a turnigy accucel 6. If I go beyond that I get an input volume error and it stops. Limit of the power cord and/or outlet that I am using? It isn't that big since I don't NEED to charge them faster than that, but it might be nice to.
You can only charge up to what your power supply can put out.
Lomchevac is offline Find More Posts by Lomchevac
Old Jan 17, 2013, 07:22 PM
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
7,868 Posts
Quote:
You'll get more juice if you hook it up to your car's battery.
erkq is offline Find More Posts by erkq