HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 04, 2013, 05:03 AM
Have fun
Joined May 2007
6,149 Posts
Horizon hobby website, eflite website, and manuals, which are available on line, and front page of model descriptions, say that they recommend the same battery. Which are available in less clicks then it took to get here, on horizonhobby.com. Not trying to be mean, but there are some question that can easily be answered by looking on their website and reading the description of the model and/or the manual.
airpower is offline Find More Posts by airpower
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 04, 2013, 07:49 AM
Australia, QLD, Qunaba
Joined Dec 2012
69 Posts
Well thanks for the help anyway.
Dlta Nvmbr Ynkee is offline Find More Posts by Dlta Nvmbr Ynkee
Old Jan 04, 2013, 08:15 AM
United States, NC, Lexington
Joined Jul 2012
736 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dlta Nvmbr Ynkee View Post
Hi all just wondering if the Sbach 342 3D takes the same batteries as the Beast 3D??? Also just wondering what the Sbach is like to fly. I am thinking of getting one as company for my beast
Yep, same batteries for both. I'm running the 240 Hyperions, and 260 Nano Techs in mine. Both work great. The Sbach is a little faster and more twitchy than the Beast but it is still a fun plane to fly.
ForsheeMS is offline Find More Posts by ForsheeMS
Old Jan 04, 2013, 11:11 AM
Parkzone junkie
United States, MI, Grand Traverse
Joined Oct 2008
3,746 Posts
OMG They did it!!! What we've all been asking for:

A standalone full range AS3X Receiver!
Spektrum™ AR635 DSMX® receiver

They also released a couple new planes:
The VisionAire
and a new AS3X one Cell UM P-40

Quote:
Hi all just wondering if the Sbach 342 3D takes the same batteries as the Beast 3D??? Also just wondering what the Sbach is like to fly. I am thinking of getting one as company for my beast
Answered you in great detail on the Sbach 3D thread.

-Brian
kalmon is online now Find More Posts by kalmon
Old Jan 04, 2013, 11:53 AM
Chef Pilot: Planes vs Butter
United States, VA, Hamilton
Joined Jul 2012
3,354 Posts
I flew my Beast today in 15mph+ winds.
Just Fabulous!
I felt I had total control the whole time with rolls, loops and inverted flight.
Effortless upwind, high speed down wind. Big huge Loops into the wind.
Just wonderful!
Even landing was great!
As Joel exclaims: "The Beast laughs at the wind!"
So True.

My CC was not so lucky.
Lost her in the Sun and lost orientation. Nose dived into the ground.
Cracked wing. Everything else is fine, even the prop. Oh well, some packing tape and she'll be up tomorrow!
That was first crash of my CC in a long time.
But the Beast more than made up for my day of flying!
ChinoDiablo is offline Find More Posts by ChinoDiablo
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RCG Plus Membership
Old Jan 04, 2013, 05:05 PM
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
7,874 Posts
Quote:
The SBach takes the same sizes as the Beast, though does better on the upper end... 240's instead of 180's. But it does OK on 180's.

If you can fly the Beast competently you'll have no trouble with the Sbach. She's faster, but just keep your thumb out of the throttle until you're ready for more speed. And she doesn't slow down as fast, but just plan ahead. I had no trouble flying the Sbach for the first time after the Beast.
erkq is offline Find More Posts by erkq
Old Jan 05, 2013, 01:25 AM
United States, FL, Eustis
Joined Oct 2012
434 Posts
Finally got my Beast in the air after it had a aileron servo problem coming out of the box(HH sent a new one). Have to say it is a great little plane. The only real complaint on it that I have is that the battery hatch is a bit off from the Sbach size. I have a problem even getting Hyperion 240s in there. Anyone clearing out some more space in the battery compartment and if so from where?
AustinG is offline Find More Posts by AustinG
Old Jan 05, 2013, 04:32 AM
Have fun
Joined May 2007
6,149 Posts
Cut the battery tab on the hatch off.
airpower is offline Find More Posts by airpower
Old Jan 05, 2013, 06:55 AM
Canadian Bacon
Kingston, Canada
Joined Jun 2004
13,060 Posts
Here's the Beast skis. If you try it, make sure the wings on the skis don't interfere with the ail pushrods. Will test fly today if the wing stays down. Skis are 2 mm depron vertical piece is 1/4 in EPP. braces for axles are 1/64 ply. Plastic tubes for axle brg.

Gord.
flypaper 2 is online now Find More Posts by flypaper 2
Old Jan 05, 2013, 10:56 AM
Parkzone junkie
United States, MI, Grand Traverse
Joined Oct 2008
3,746 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flypaper 2 View Post
Here's the Beast skis. If you try it, make sure the wings on the skis don't interfere with the ail pushrods. Will test fly today if the wing stays down. Skis are 2 mm depron vertical piece is 1/4 in EPP. braces for axles are 1/64 ply. Plastic tubes for axle brg.

Gord.
Those look pretty nifty, Let us know how they work!! did you happen to weigh them?

-Brian
kalmon is online now Find More Posts by kalmon
Old Jan 05, 2013, 11:41 AM
Canadian Bacon
Kingston, Canada
Joined Jun 2004
13,060 Posts
Yeah, forgot to weigh them before I put them on, Brian. Another old age brain phart. I'll do that when I come back from flying. It's 25F out but sun shining and little wind. Don't get much better than that up here.. Just blew out my driveway from the heavy wind blowing it in last night. Like Linus says "who has more fun than us"
flypaper 2 is online now Find More Posts by flypaper 2
Old Jan 05, 2013, 12:13 PM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
12,184 Posts
Gord,

Nice work! Looks like they should have good floatation. Hope you'll post some video! Are they locked to the axles, or does the 'horizontal stab' on the rear move the center of pressure aft far enough to keep them pointing forward?

Joel
turboparker is offline Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 05, 2013, 02:05 PM
United States, TN, Jackson
Joined Mar 2007
4,022 Posts
What about a tailwheel ski???

Kevin
Kevin Greene is offline Find More Posts by Kevin Greene
Old Jan 05, 2013, 02:23 PM
Joined Dec 2008
345 Posts
Would someone mind measuring and letting me know the length of the small tab that is at the top back center of the battery hatch (it slides under the front of the fuse)? I had a small incident earlier this week and the tab broke off. I'm now shaping a small piece of foam to glue in it's place.

Bob
thinman is offline Find More Posts by thinman
Old Jan 05, 2013, 02:28 PM
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
7,874 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinman View Post
Would someone mind measuring and letting me know the length of the small tab that is at the top back center of the battery hatch (it slides under the front of the fuse)? I had a small incident earlier this week and the tab broke off. I'm now shaping a small piece of foam to glue in it's place.

Bob
Don't bother. You don't need it. It just gets in the way of larger battery packs. But if you must replace it, just glue on a short length of CF strip. How long? Well, considering you don't need it, 5 mm should do it.
erkq is offline Find More Posts by erkq